It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about freemasonry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I was just wondering why you dont allow women to join. You all seem to be for equality and all and it just strikes me as odd that women are excluded from your "club".

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
It is after all a fraternity. There’s always The Order of the Eastern Star.

However I’m not a mason, Here’s what one mason has to say. (keep in mind that no mason can speak for the whole of masonry)

We suspect that sooner or later things will change relative to women Freemasons and all of this will be much clearer. We'll plan an update for this page in the year 2070 by which time that MIGHT happen....

Source: www.masonicinfo.com...

[edit on 17/7/06 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The basis is a bit different, but possible nonetheless. The facts are outlined fairly well by the website below. Hope this helps!

Women as Freemasons-Yes!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by EdenKaia
The basis is a bit different, but possible nonetheless. The facts are outlined fairly well by the website below. Hope this helps!

Women as Freemasons-Yes!

YES they can be but they can only become clandestine freemasons, which means they are not REAL masons nor will they ever be allowed in any "regular" masonic lodge.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Good link by EK but it seems to focus almost exclusively on Co- (or "mixed') masonry. Womens freemasonry is alive and well in the UK in the form of OWF (Order of Women Freemasons) and HFAF (Honourable Fraternity of Antient Freemasons).

As has been pointed out, both are irregular, but UGLE has formally stated that they are a great deal less irregular than Co-masonry and there is already much dialog between these two Grand Lodges and UGLE.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Same thing with Skull and Bones until recent times. Yeah there is Eastern Star or
www.iojd.org...

www.easternstar.org...

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Yes I read about the S&B thing. It caused quite a controversy. Elder members spoke out against it saying it would be the equivalent of allowing rape. (you have to wonder what kind of rituals they have.)

One of those oppose to woman as S&B was William F. Buckley, that guy is hillarious, I watched a debate with him and Chomsky and Buclkey is like a cartoon aristocrat. - quite a character. (he did manage to get Chomsky pissed off though)

top topics

join