It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the story of king solomon(freemason)kir-whah-?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
According to their legend, two of the main characters are King Solomon and Hiram, King of Tyre. These kings got together and decided to build a fabulous temple. They then employed Hiram Abiff, a master craftsman of wide renown, to adorn the temple and beautify it.

According to Masonic legend, just before the completion of the temple, three ruffians conspired to extract the secrets of a Master Mason from Abiff. They were unable to extract the secrets by force, but ended up killing Abiff.

The ruffians hid the body in the temple, then carted it away and buried it. When King Solomon was informed that Abiff was missing, he was furious and took a role call of the craft, and found three were missing. These were the three ruffians. The king blocked the harbours and roads and sent out search parties. Finally, the three ruffians were found and brought before King Solomon, to whom they confessed. Solomon ordered each of them to be executed in vile, horrific ways, with terrible torture and severing of body parts.

Thereafter, King Solomon and King Hiram dug up his grave to look all over him for a clue to the syllable. When none was found, they raised Abiff from his grave and buried him near the temple, as close to the Holy of Holies as tradition would allow.

Is this true?

ps:does this has to do with some 3 words that the masons are tying to find.The third world esp?
xeeatwelve.com...

[edit on 17-7-2006 by warthog911]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   
none of this is really new at all...and i dont know of ANY ESP in any lodge.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
This is the main legend performed during the master mason ritual. The "raising" part is often compared to a resurection and can be somewhat controversial. (if one believes he was resurected and not simply reburried)

From your link...

This is a very dark story — Solomon, who was a tyrant, wanted SOLE possession of the Word. He hired three ruffians to extract the secret syllable from Abiff, who was in the temple when the ruffians approached him.

I've never heard this before,.
, so Solomon was part of the conspiracy?

Hmm, I have to wonder about the source, he continues...

However, the real reason for the invasion of Iraq was to perform an intense search of the country for clues to the lost Word. This shows how wide, intense and desperate the search is for the Word. This is because the Word has the power to change the destiny for the Anunnaki Elite. It could open the gates to bring them back on Earth for yet another reign of terror.

source: xeeatwelve.com...

well I'll be, and I thought the bastards were securing the world's last cheap oil reserve!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Although I don't think I've visited that website before, I've certainly seen similar, and whilst some of it is accurate the conclusions it reaches are incorrect.

As a freemason I am hampered in my discussion of this as it involves Modes of Recognition which I shall neither confirm or deny. However, any words used (if words are used
) are for recognition puposes only and not for any higher purpose.

Although please be aware I am neither a 33 degree masons or a Warden Of The Pure Green Of Galveston, so I may be completely duped in this

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
This is the main legend performed during the master mason ritual. The "raising" part is often compared to a resurection and can be somewhat controversial. (if one believes he was resurected and not simply reburried)

This is controversial, which has always sort of dumbfounded me. The ritual of the Third Degree is clear that Hiram is reburied. Furthermore, the 4° of the Scottish Rite is held in a Lodge of Mourning. The Lodge is draped in black cloth bedecked with silver tears in memory of the deceased the Grand Master. If he had been returned to life, this would have been unnecessary.

Even further, the 5° takes place on the first anniversary of Hiram's death, and eulogies are read by the characters in that degree to Hiram's memory. A resurrected Hiram is conspicuously absent.

Similar things can be said of the Cryptic degrees in the York Rite. However, perhaps the most favorable evidence is found in the Third Degree itself. When Hiram is raised, Solomon issues a substitute Word, "until future generations can restore the Lost Word". Had Hiram been resurrected at the time of raising, a substitute word would have been unnecessary, as Hiram could have divulged his part of the True Word.

From your link...

This is a very dark story — Solomon, who was a tyrant, wanted SOLE possession of the Word. He hired three ruffians to extract the secret syllable from Abiff, who was in the temple when the ruffians approached him.

I've never heard this before,.
, so Solomon was part of the conspiracy?

Hmm, I have to wonder about the source, he continues...

Indeed. Solomon was not a tyrant, and the Scriptures testify to he being the wisest of kings. In the Masonic legend, Solomon did not want sole possession of the Word (what good would that do?). Instead, the three Grand Masters would disclose the word to all worthy workmen at the completion of the temple. The word would allow them to recognize each other as Master Masons so that they could travel in foreign countries, work, and readily recognize and assist each other. If Solomon kept the word to himself, it would have been useless.

However, the real reason for the invasion of Iraq was to perform an intense search of the country for clues to the lost Word. This shows how wide, intense and desperate the search is for the Word. This is because the Word has the power to change the destiny for the Anunnaki Elite. It could open the gates to bring them back on Earth for yet another reign of terror.

It isn't necessary to go to Iraq to discover the Lost Word of Masonry. All one has to do is either apply for the Royal Arch degree, where it is discovered and restored, or, if one is not a Mason, familiarize onself with the Hebrew name of God. (The Lost of Word of Masonry isn't really lost at all in real life, but it's true pronunciation has been).

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Masonic Light]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

It isn't necessary to go to Iraq to discover the Lost Word of Masonry. All one has to do is either apply for the Royal Arch degree, where it is discovered and restored, or, if one is not a Mason, familiarize onself with the Hebrew name of God. (The Lost of Word of Masonry isn't really lost at all in real life, but it's true pronunciation has been).

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Sorry about that, I am rubbish at computers,

I think that what M.L. says is correct with the exception that the Word of God is actually not a sound...
The word for a baby is "suckling,"
The word after that becomes " chewing "
and so on and so on
so you can be sure that you cannot pronounce/utter the word of God.

And about Solomon or not Solomon:

"I ascended the Lebanon mountains and cut down the mighty beams of cedar. At that time I carried those cedars from Lebanon and at the gate of the temple of Shulmânu, my lord, I laid them down.
The old temple which Shalmaneser, my father, had built, had become decrepit, and I, in my skill, rebuilt that temple from its foundations to its pinnacles.
The beams of cedar from Lebanon I laid on it.
When this temple becomes old and decrepit, may a future prince renew its decrepit parts and return the inscription to its place."
Shalmaneser III (859-824 BC) was named for the god Shulmânu-Asharêd ("shulmânu is foremost").
Shalmânu is the Assyrian equivalent of Suleiman and thus Solomon.

Osbert+

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
why dont the freemasons make a time machine,go back in time and find the last word
.THe annunaki must have a time machine

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
why dont the freemasons make a time machine,go back in time and find the last word
.THe annunaki must have a time machine

Because its easier to join the Royal Arch.

Anyway, who needs a time machine? Just walk into any officers meeting and you're straight back in the 60s

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
A Warden Of The Pure Green Of Galveston would say that wouldn't he?

EDIT: Oups one liner, hmm
Was the Biblical Solomon myth really based on a prior Assyrian myth?

(I do actually want to know that, just like I've just spent 10 minutes reading about the 47th problem of Euclid...)

And was Hiram Abiff from Greece? (I assumed he was from Tyre as well)

[edit on 17/7/06 by ConspiracyNut23]

[edit on 17/7/06 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23

Was the Biblical Solomon myth really based on a prior Assyrian myth?

Some of the stories surrounding him may have been, but I tend to think of Solomon as an actual historical personage. At least, I've never seen any evidence to show that he didn't exist as a real person, and such myths rarely grow up around a personal who is entirely fictional.

And was Hiram Abiff from Greece? (I assumed he was from Tyre as well)

According to the Scriptures, he was a Phoenician, from the city of Tyre. He is described therein as a widow's son of the tribe of Naphtali, denoting his partial Israelitish ancestry.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Originally posted by Masonic Light :
Quote"Some of the stories surrounding him may have been, but I tend to think of Solomon as an actual historical personage. At least, I've never seen any evidence to show that he didn't exist as a real person, and such myths rarely grow up around a personal who is entirely fictional."Unquote

I am going on this "checkable" information:

"The archaeological evidence in Jerusalem for the famous building projects of Solomon is nonexistent.
19th and early 20th century excavations around the Temple Mount in Jerusalem failed to identify even a trace of Solomon's fabled Temple or palace complex."
(Finkelstein, Silberman, p128)

In the 1950s, Yigael Yadin – Israeli Defence Chief of Staff turned archaeologist – decided that the ruins of Megiddo, Hazor and Gezer were the legendary 'Fortress Cities' of Solomon.
"Our great guide was the Bible" he said. Thus he confirmed the Bible with the Bible.
This was despite an absence of any find at the sites naming Solomon – but a cartouche naming Pharaoh Amenhotep III instead!
Destruction of the sites was attributed to 'Yahweh's instrument' – the 8th century Assyrians. But the Arameans beat them to it, before themselves succumbing to the Assyrians in 811 BC.
Jeroboam II (788 - 747 BC), an Assyrian client king of Israel, rebuilt Megiddo, Gezer and Hazor and presided over the last period of Israel's prosperity. His reign helped to colour the legend of 'Solomon', written in the 7th century.

Osbert+

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
Is this true?

The masonic tradition has hiram abif as a mason, but the bible, if i recall correctly, has him as an smith, as a metalworker, who decorated the temple with metalwork, not built it from stone. Apparently, in King Hiram's tyre, there were a group of people called the "Dionysian Artificers".

Here's a page that has some of it:
members.aol.com...

In 1 Kings, Chapter 7, we are told that: "King Solomon sent for Hiram of Tyre; he was the son of a widow of the tribe of Naphtali, but his father had been a Tyrian, a worker in bronze. He came to King Solomon and did all this work for him: and cast two pillars of bronze"[...]Strabo mentions them thus: "Lebedos was the seat and assembly of the Dionysian Artificers, who inhabit Ionia to the Hellespont; there, they held their solemn meetings and festivities in honor of Bacchus." Their religion was said by Plutarch to be of Egyptian origin: ".. Osiris is the same as Dionysos, and who should know better than you, Clea, since you are at once the leader of the Thyades at Delphi and have been consecrated in the Isirian rites...?"

Also, I don't think that the oldest consitutions have this story of Hiram Abif no?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join