It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The prediction in bible about Israel being attacked from the north

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
First I want to admitt that I do not know where this should go.

In the bible it talks about how ISrael will be attacked from the North, and if this is not it, would you not see an immense attack comming upon Israel.

This really scares me, cause it is sadi in the Bible, so can anyone who believes in the bible please help me out here and with the explanation this. I believe this is something that is very big indeed.

Jeremiah 51:48
Then heaven and earth and all that is in them will shout for joy over Babylon, for out of the north destroyers will attack her," declares the LORD.

I know there is more to this, in rev. and so on, please anyone help.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
In case you didn't notice, Israel attacked the North. Looks like God made a lil spelling error.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I did not know that, I thought they were pushed or like the Hezbollah initiated some type of an attack, well if that is so, then is there not a strong possibility there will be a from the north now?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panzeroth
In case you didn't notice, Israel attacked the North.

Actually no. Hezbolah(sp?) attacked FROM the north first and now Isreal is trying to trap Hezbolah in Lebanon(sp?). Or at least, thats what I've heard.
Anyway, the Bible does talk about Isreal being attacked from the north, but its referring to something else.
Maybe you should read some more about it, just so you know when a fullfillment of Biblical prophecy comes around?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Thats the thing I have alot, and still something just seems not to be adding up, with what the bible says and what you are saying, because the fighting over there could get worse, even if right now there is a ceasefire being intiated

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
In reality Israel has been attacked from the north several times.
From Lebanon and Iraq. Remember the Scud missles. Israel also has fought two other wars with Lebanon when they were part of the Arab coalitions attacking Israel.
If I'm wrong I'll stand corrected

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
This bible quote is about Babylon being attacked from the north, right? Who/What is Babylon? Iraq? Did Iraq get attacked from the north? Not so much as from the south I would say. Is USA the Babylon? Are the Canadians going to attack the US soon? Is Israel the Babylon? Anyway, I don't think this bible quote is related to the current events in Lebanon.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
With all these prophecies propping up, I suggest you pray, and earnestly ask God for the truth.

There are 3 types of prophecies concerning the endtimes; preterism, historicism, and futurism. I suggest you study these 3, compare and contrast, and make a honest and informed decision, because your salvation is at stake. Good luck!

Also, please, please, PLEASE, do not just take the word of a preacher. No matter how nice he is, or how charismatic he can be. The bible says that many false prophets are come out in the world. And it does say most of the world will be deceived, so just question your faith and see if it stands up to bible scrutiny.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
This bible quote is about Babylon being attacked from the north, right? Who/What is Babylon? Iraq? Did Iraq get attacked from the north? Not so much as from the south I would say. Is USA the Babylon? Are the Canadians going to attack the US soon? Is Israel the Babylon? Anyway, I don't think this bible quote is related to the current events in Lebanon.

In biblical times, the north would actually be the south, considering their maps used the Nile as a directional guidance for navigation. Most maps from the time had a reversed orientation, sometimes they were even oriented to the extreme south-south east. Considering that Jeremiah is an old testament book, written during the time of the destruction of Solomon's temple at the hands of Babylon, you can put things in a certain frame of time to understand how things would be translated as north.

For example, Egypt considered Nubia to be a nation to the north, as the Nile runs. As well as Persians were considered to be from the West, and sometimes the North, depending on how maps were drawn at the time. There was no standard from which to navigate for quite some time.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The whole region is doomed.

The burden of Damascus: "Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it will be a ruinous heap.
Isaiah 17:1

Keep reading and you'll see that most of the Jews will be killed. Just a few will be left. This could be part of the Gog Ma-Gog invasion mentioned in Ezekiel 38 & 39. You might want to read up on this if you're interested. This doesn't have to happen at this time, but it is interesting seeing the battles in the areas mentioned.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by freddieb
In reality Israel has been attacked from the north several times.
From Lebanon and Iraq. Remember the Scud missles. Israel also has fought two other wars with Lebanon when they were part of the Arab coalitions attacking Israel.
If I'm wrong I'll stand corrected

Agreed,
Israel has ALWAYS been attacked from the North - for example, Syria was attacking Israel constantly throught Biblical times, nothing has changed.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Except that Syria and Israel didn't exist then as they do in their current form. Syria exists since 1918 and Israel (which is a different country than the kingdoms of the bible) since 1948.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Israel (which is a different country than the kingdoms of the bible)

O no you didn't! You did not just play the "This is not the real Israel" card?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hey guys, go to this link, it's a very interesting article about the Bible, prophecies etc....

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
@TheBandit795 What is the real Israel then ? Mind explaining that please ?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Seriously, when you read the Bible, treat it like a historical document. Archaeologist do it all the time.

I'm not even bothering to reasearch this one, because this happens all the time...just got to Daniel, and read about the dream of the statue made of diffrent metals. It was all described as Babylon, as Nebuchadezzer was the ruler of Babylon....but it talks of diffrent kingdoms. You have the Babylons The Persians, the Meades (all from the same area), the Greeks (DEFINATELY from the North), and the Romans (Northeast), and look where they came from when they went to destroy Jerusalem during Judas Macabees' time. This prophecy could have been fulfilled, and almost certainly was so, several hundered years after it was made, no later than 1900 years ago.

Thry this useful study site: StudyLight

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Israel, both the modern state and the region itself, has been attacked many times before from the North.

Besides, i think that the usual understanding is that Gog and Magog are the ones that attack from the far north, not Lebanon, or Phonecia, or any of the terrirories familiar to the jews.

Interestingly, it was being tossed around for a while that the UN might send in peacekeepers along with the Russians, and Russia is often said to be Gog and/or Magog.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
There hasn't been much action on this question for quite sometime and given recent events (as of May 02/2016) I'm chiming in. First off I'd like to dispel any notion that God makes mistakes, spelling or otherwise and that the Bible is for reference only and not a literal depiction of future events. 2 Peter 1:20 states; "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation." In other words, biblical prophesy is what it says and not open for us to determine whether it should be taken seriously or not.
As to whether or not the Bible is purely historical, in part it is. There's nothing wrong with archeology using the Bible to determine past events in Biblical regions and even on a global scale. You may want to also consider this; the Bible is a record of the history for the entire world from start to finish, we are now just playing the script out.
Now back to your original question, read Ezekiel chapters 38 and 39 for a complete break down of the attack coming from the North against Israel. Understand this has not yet come as two of the players mentioned, who are working as allies against Israel have at no time in history allied with each other (Magog and Persia - Russia and Iran today) for any reason until recently. Also understand that at no time in history have we seen Saudi Arabia and Egypt come to any kind of defense of Israel at the same time.
From here, consider Isaiah chapter 17 which talks of the destruction of Damascus and then determine for yourself whether this has ever happened to Damascus before. The main thing to remember is that even the most astute Biblical prophesy researcher will tell you that the stage can be set and then cleared just as quickly leaving you scratching your head. When events that appear to support prophesy arise then fade, don't take this as the Bible being inaccurate, the Bible never gives a timeline apart from saying things like; "In the end times or last days". What these events should do for you is further your resolve to know more and be ready because these events will continue to happen and will increase in frequency and intensity as we draw closer to the return of Jesus as was talked about in Matthew chapter 24.
What you need to know is that if you are willing to accept Jesus as your saviour, these times are not for you to fear, these times are for you to prepare yourself for his return and to tell others about Jesus so they to can be ready, John 3:16 tells us that God loved the world so much that he sent Jesus to die for our sins and that who ever believes will not perish but have everlasting life. Hell is not for humans, it's a place that God prepared specifically for Satan and his angels, God does not want us to go there but he can't make us choose, that's up to us and from what I can tell, it takes a lot of effort on our parts to die and wind up there. Jesus is the easy choice when you consider how long eternity actually is!

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ragster

Are you thinking perhaps of the Gog/Magog wars?

There certainly seems to be no lack of diverse interpretation regarding this, if so.

Now, sifting through those prophecies and the works of those who choose to interpret them...... there's a monumental task.

new topics

top topics

join