It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel is using banned weapons ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm not sure what this meant, if this was mentioned in western press before, but according to Agence France Presse, Israel is using International prohibited weapons.

If so, why didn't we heard from western leader ?

www.lapresse.ca...

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Bunker Busters??

If you need translation to English

Israel uses internationally prohibited bombs

Agecne France-Press

Beirut

Israeli aviation uses bombs prohibited internationally in its ramming of the southern suburbs of Beirut, bastion of Hezbollah Shiite, declared in AFP a Lebanese military spokesman.

“Of the bombs with special loads, of which some could be bombs with implosion, or bombs with vacuum, are used in the bombardment of the suburbs”, specified this source, referring to experts of the Lebanese army.

“Israel also used on broad scale of bombs to phosphorus in its bombardment of southern Lebanon”, added this source, without drawing aside the possibility of the recourse to this kind of bombs on the southern suburbs of Beirut.

Photographers of AFP could see in these suburbs of the buildings of eight floors and more, to disappear in five minutes in a cloud from white dust not to more form but one remains cluster of a few meters.

At least 20 buildings, in particular in the districts of Haret Hreik and Bir Al-Abed, which constitute the “perimeter of safety” of Hezbollah in the suburbs, were destroyed in this manner, estimated.

After three days of bombardments of aviation and Israeli marine, this sector of the southern suburbs of Beirut was almost reduced in ruins.

Pie

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I am not sure of the accuracy of this site but it sounds like it makes absolute sense and the pictures speak for themselves. An Israeli citizen that posted here whom I think is in the military has mentioned the Thermobaric bomb so it doesn't seem like its something unknown to them.

July 22/23, 2006 -- U.S. military intelligence sources have told WMR that the artillery shell shown below being used by an Israel Defense Force member in Lebanon, is a type of dual and multi-use weapon the neocons falsely accused Saddam Hussein of possessing. Although the canister artillery shell is marketed as an anti-land mine fuel-air bomb, its payload can also include the chemicals used in thermobaric bombs, white phosphorous weapons, and chemical weapons. Thermobaric bombs contain polymer-bonded explosives or solid fuel-air explosives in their payloads. Thermobarics use a fuse munition unit (FMU) such as that seen on the nose of the Israeli artillery shell. The shell penetrates buildings, underground shelters, or tunnels, creating such a blast pressure that all the oxygen is sucked out from the spaces and the lungs of anyone who happens to be in proximity. Israel's use of such "vacuum" weapons has been reported from across Lebanon.

Source

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   
That pice of ordance that man is holding in the above pic is very unlikeliy to be able to be picked up by one person.

So a false pic?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
That pice of ordance that man is holding in the above pic is very unlikeliy to be able to be picked up by one person.

So a false pic?

I dunno..if its filled with a chemical or gas would it be heavy or light? I don't know about ordinance. Maybe someone else would know if its a heavy piece or not?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   
You havn't heard anything about this report because the Western Media is 100% pro-Israeli no matter what they do that is wrong, it will always be covered up as to protect the western governments imperialist agenda's. (aka NWO)

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Thermobaric isn't illigle,and frankly, I coulden't give a poo about them,let thos terrorists burn to hell ,they brought it on themselvs ,beacus I know they will be more than happy to see a jew/IDF soldier burning to death ....

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jewish_hammer
Thermobaric isn't illigle,and frankly, I coulden't give a poo about them,let thos terrorists burn to hell ,they brought it on themselvs ,beacus I know they will be more than happy to see a jew/IDF soldier burning to death ....

The civilians of Lebanon are not terrorists. If anyone will burn in hell it will be the murderers killing them.

Mod Edit: Quote Cleanup.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Thermobarics and FAEs (FuelAirExplosives) are not prohibited...
Phosphour can be used for illumination and obstacle clearance?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   
It might be me, but is that shell not too large to fire from the conventional artillery thats being used ??, it looks more like some sort of small aircraft bomb.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Vehicle in the background is a Modified MBT based APC, Maybe Azcharit or Puma.. They are not commonly assigned to Artillery units, so i doubt that's going to be used in an field artillery piece. (and it's too wide for a 155mm howizer, does israel operate 175mm or 203mm guns?)
it might be able to be fired from Soltam 160mm Mortar, but most likely it will be used by an engineering tank to either bust a fortification or clear a route from mines...

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   

but most likely it will be used by an engineering tank to either bust a fortification or clear a route from mines...

I think you've got it right, comparing it to size of the guy, it looks like its probably around 12inch diameter, which is well outside most general artillery and in to the size of the specialsied mortars and demolition charges.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Thermobarics use a fuse munition unit (FMU) such as that seen on the nose of the Israeli artillery shell. The shell penetrates buildings, underground shelters, or tunnels, creating such a blast pressure that all the oxygen is sucked out from the spaces and the lungs of anyone who happens to be in proximity. Israel's use of such "vacuum" weapons has been reported from across Lebanon.

Source

I would suggest some research on the subject of penetrators, their composition, and how they are constructed... I have also found it strange that suddenly the rather arcane Russian nomenclature of "vacuum bomb" is being used instead of the western convention of FAE (fuel air explosive, a more accurate description).

Generally, penetrators are fused in the tail, as the nose takes far to much impact damage before detonation.

Finally, could someone please describe the barrel configuration that would allow for a metal hose running the length of the "artillery shell" body to remain intact?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
You havn't heard anything about this report because the Western Media is 100% pro-Israeli

Well... I did.

While watching CNN International I saw a Lebanese doctor claiming to have recognized the symptoms of phosphor on a badly injured skin of a little kid. This indicates Israel is using forbidden weapons. But hey, Israel is allowed to do everything they like.

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Mdv2]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by northwolf
Thermobarics and FAEs (FuelAirExplosives) are not prohibited...
Phosphour can be used for illumination and obstacle clearance?

Tell that to a kid screaming his lungs out in Lebanese hospital.

Q: (Journalist) Are you using white phosphorous on Lebanese.

A: (Israel Defence Ministry) We are using an arsenal which is not against International Law.

Obstacle clearings? That's a good one.

[edit on 24-7-2006 by yanchek]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
So if I have been paying attention the UN is certainly not Pro-Israeli.
Why aren't they investigating and reporting on the types of weapons being used.

I realize Israel is mad but their use of force is insane and if they are attacked by another arab country coming to the defense of Lebbanon then they deserve what they get. If they are using illegal weapons then the US should treat them like any other rogue state using WMD against another country. Invasion, occupation and then well we are really sure the next step yet.

I have seen several reports on non-us/israeli media talking about the burns from non conventional weapons, simliar to what we have used in Iraq.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Originally posted by RedGolem

So a false pic?

I dunno..if its filled with a chemical or gas would it be heavy or light? I don't know about ordinance. Maybe someone else would know if its a heavy piece or not?

Doubt they would be able to pick it up, in fact I do not think a soldier on his own could simply lift any bomb that big?? They are not using gas weaponry so far, there have been a few reports of tear gas being launched into areas to force civilians out, whether or not you determine that as humane is up to you.

They are using American supplied bunker busters for sure, and from the pictures all over the place these "Vacuum" bombs are being used often enough. I agree that these weapons are not illegal but however they should never be used in the middle of a city with civilians near by, which apparently the Israeli army never bothered to look at.

There is a difference between civilian casualties that can not be avoided and simply bombing the #%@ out of people to "Teach them a lesson" Which is exactly what you do when you drop a bomb that literally sucks the air out of your lungs. Sounds like a horrible way to go if you ask me.

Israel has the upper hand and they do not need to excessively bomb places they know civilians are seeking shelter, conventional weapons in a more precise location is more effective, doing crap like this is what turns so many people away from Israel and make them view Israel as a monster.

In this case I agree, Israel acts like a monster when they drop a bomb like that in the middle of a neighborhood.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIS001
It might be me, but is that shell not too large to fire from the conventional artillery thats being used ??, it looks more like some sort of small aircraft bomb.

i was thinking that too actually, and plus like someone else said, it looks too big for one guy to carry, and it kinda looks like a toy or a fake bomb like its made out of lastic or something

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

You havn't heard anything about this report because the Western Media is 100% pro-Israeli

Well... I did.

While watching CNN International I saw a Lebanese doctor claiming to have recognized the symptoms of phosphor on a badly injured skin of a little kid. This indicates Israel is using forbidden weapons. But hey, Israel is allowed to do everything they like.

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Mdv2]

no offense to anyone but your right, isreal does get away with WAY too much man,and now they are doing all of this, and what do they get out of bombing suburban areas, does it make them feel good knowing that they killed a little kids parents and left him without an arm or leg?(i dont know if that really happened im just saying that must be the situation for a lot of families in lebanon.) and also does isreal even have a goal in all this or are they just bombing civilians for the hell of it. or do they just want to use up some of their excess bombs to "scare" everyone around them, if anything i bet they are making a lot of arab countries mad around them so i wouldnt doubt if anyone takes lebanons side and attacks israel, oh but does israel care, they have the US on their side,(thats one thing that makes me mad the us takes israels side no matter what, i guess israels sh!t doesnt stink.)

[edit on 24-7-2006 by blackhumvee113]
good job israel!

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

You havn't heard anything about this report because the Western Media is 100% pro-Israeli no matter what they do that is wrong, it will always be covered up as to protect the western governments imperialist agenda's. (aka NWO)

I love how people say things like this. Do you watch Western media? Because as someone mentioned, CNN even interviewed an Israeli commander I believe and asked if they were using banned weapons containing phosphorous and then showed pictures and movies of people with burns. So I guess the imperialists just didn't get a hold of CNN yet

top topics

<<   2 >>

join