It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answers to questions of Religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Personally having been born into Christianity you would think I am a Christian, but I am not! After much seek and searching I have come to believe that you can believe what you want and as long as it works for you, that is what counts.

I was raised to believe that our religion was the only truth, and that if you didn't believe in what my church said you would go to hell. So many Churches believe that it's "my way or the highway".

I don't for a second believe that, I have done to much reasearch to believe in the closemindedness of that-ever again.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I have the same belief system as you are currently reflecting on in your post. I think that religion was created for human kind to have a "Blame" place and want to think they are safe with what they truly are, "Not saying that they are bad." Just that they feel more fullfilled with the acknowledgement that Jesus Christ is always there for them."
Religion was a norm in my family for a long time, my family still attend's our church every Sunday, ask if I want to go all the time, have gone a few, but I am always listening to what is being said and questioning it at the same time of trying to be "Saved."

I can understand why your other post was so , "Undefined" for if you are feeling down for this reason, "Go back to where you had made your statement about being 'Opened Minded' and you will see, there is nothing wrong with that."

I do believe in something "Higher" than this life, I just don't know what.

So hang in there, "I'm no better than you when it come's to this matter of being!!"

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
would suggest that you become open to the idea that we are living in 'their matrix'...a system of money, politics, etc and Religion to control your precious mind...but first you do have to be aware to the fact, that a ruling 'elite' have control of the planet Earth................................search the net...the truth is out there, if you can seperate it from the 'rat poison' [ 1%] that is also mixed in with the 99% harmless/good stuff...Lolove n good luck on your hunt ! ave maria !

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaimless
I was raised to believe that our religion was the only truth, and that if you didn't believe in what my church said you would go to hell. So many Churches believe that it's "my way or the highway".

I don't for a second believe that, I have done to much reasearch to believe in the closemindedness of that-ever again.

I am a mirror of this statement, though I still believe in a greater one. I think you can find many words of wisdom within the Bible and other religious texts - just remove the parts that say 'if you dont do as we say, then you will be put in hell or the like' - scare tactics in other words. There are many gems that shine brightly in them. I know in my heart that people will not be sent to hell for not believing in a certain things...some of them may have never even heard of these things that they are supposed to follow in order to be in good standing, relative to a certain religion. The heart is where it is at I think. At any moment you can choose to be good or bad, follow 'light' or follow 'darkness', follow love or follow hate. At any moment you can choose pure evil acts or pure acts of goodness. Following the good side of the heart is what I think we all should strive for...and when you end up not doing this, then learn from it and strive for greatness. But this is all relative and some people will not see either evil or goodness as one being better than the other, which I can understand but I prefer to strive for goodness. Forever searching.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I see the everyone's right way as a bit too "I am the center of the Universe...for every single person" to take it seriously.

There are such a thing as absolutes...otherwise Science...ahem, Math wouldn't work.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaimless
Personally having been born into Christianity you would think I am a Christian, but I am not!

If you ever on purpose asked Jesus to forgive you of your sins and save you and meant it, you are a christian and you are saved. Even if you leave Him, He promises to never leave, nor forsake YOU.

If you have never sought forgiveness for your sins through Jesus, then you are not saved and not a christian.

Which one is it?

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jlc163
There are such a thing as absolutes...otherwise Science...ahem, Math wouldn't work.

Are there...or is it merely a joint perspective. We are all 'proving' these things through similar testing apparatus (our senses (through our cultural conditioning of them)).

If science is an absolute then why are concepts we believe to be fact constantly evolving. Once our science told us that we were the center of the universe. This has been proven to not be an absolute.

When does one plus one not equal two? More often then you would think, but it all depends on your perception of one or two or...

See even though we have these concepts of reality or absolutes, they are always seen through our perceptions and thus subject to be false through a different perception (thus showing that they are not absolutes). Communal or sociological perceptions are no less flawed then individual perceptions. Furthermore, why should a species perspective be clearer concerning absolutes. That is still a perspective (as I already stated) due to our limited/confined testing apparatus.

We don't live in absolutes because it is impossible due to ego/individual self or grouping.

PS Sorry to go off topic a bit.

new topics

top topics

join