It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video (No link due to disturbing nature) of captured US service men

page: 1

join
share:
GSA

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I was browsing the web and found a video of the two captured american service men that were taken a while back whilst serving in iraq.

The video is on an adults only web site (over 18's only) so i will not post the link here, but suffice to say it is very clear that they were alive when captured, alive when reall really brutally tortured, and then killed. How do I know they were alive? the blood is arterial and very oxygenated (Pinky red) which says they were still breathing in oxygen - also the bloods not thick and congealed on their injuries either. This is just a horrific video. poor poor men.

Why did i post this ?? because I believe in bringing democracy to Iraq, and exposing the sheer barbarity and cruelty of the so called freedom fighters doing these terrible terrible things to opposing troops, and having the cheek to say they deserve the geneva conventions protection when caught. For once i actually agree with the US goverment. they do not deserve to be treated as fellow humans after commiting crimes of this nature - thats not war thats savagery.

My prayers to their families and loved ones, and i hope to God they never see this footage.

If you want the link u2u me or google it.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GSA
thats not war thats savagery.

Who gave you the right to define war?

I understand its just gut-wrenching to watch, but guess what? It's war. We can hide from that fact all we want, but war will continue to be war. And none of this judgmental stuff should come from the people of a country that could destroy an entire civilization.

BTW, savagery is the essence of war.

GSA

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
War is defined by rules ie the geneva convention ect.

We do not cut open people whilst alive for fun, we do not smash their legs with rocks, we do stamp on their heads when they are face down on concrete. we do not behead living or dead people. we do not parade the severed head to onlookers.

That IS SAVAGERY!

That is not war, that is terror. If you believe that is war then you really are very mistaken in your views. I bet you are the type to bleat about their poor terrorists rights not being respected or the existence of Guantanamo bay.

War has rules. When people think they can be ignored and abused freely that is the start of the descent into savagery.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GSA
War is defined by rules ie the geneva convention ect.

We do not cut open people whilst alive for fun, we do not smash their legs with rocks, we do stamp on their heads when they are face down on concrete. we do not behead living or dead people. we do not parade the severed head to onlookers.

We don't do that because we have no need to and due to the Geneva Convention. There are consequences for the actions. Turn our soldiers lose and we can be as nasty as the enemy.

That IS SAVAGERY!

Which is the essence of war.

I bet you are the type to bleat about their poor terrorists rights not being respected or the existence of Guantanamo bay.

What does that have to do with this?

War has rules. When people think they can be ignored and abused freely that is the start of the descent into savagery.

Again, savagery is the essence of war. To even pretend like there can be a clean, innocent war is ignorant.

War is a video game to you, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
War doesnt have "rules."

Theres a small little convention that says it does, but really, it doesn't.

THe only rule of war is that if you do something that people don't like, just keep it secret.

Like we really dont beat and torture any POWs, trying to extract information. Like those soldiers over there haven't had there share of brutality instilled upon people.

Its war, its brutal, theres no real rules, not when its just you vs someone else, to the death.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
War doesnt have "rules."

Theres a small little convention that says it does, but really, it doesn't.

THe only rule of war is that if you do something that people don't like, just keep it secret.

Like we really dont beat and torture any POWs, trying to extract information. Like those soldiers over there haven't had there share of brutality instilled upon people.

Its war, its brutal, theres no real rules, not when its just you vs someone else, to the death.

There is only one answer to this problem and noone is near it; yet.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
War does have rules especially between proffesional military bodies the world over. Hell in basic training thats all we learnt day after day was the rules of war its like a big game of chess.

People who abuse the rules are not proffesional armies but instead savage terroists
and should be treated the same in return but we are too proffesional to do that.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GSA

War has only one rule. WIN. By any means necessary, no matter how depraved.

War in human history has been a continual stream of the darkest, most savage and disturbing drives of the human soul. Every war acts of savagery and brutality or committed as part of war's nature.

Chivalry, honor, and "rules of engagement" are pipe dreams from the minds of philsophers and politicians who never saw battle. The reality of it is far different. We only dream up "rules of war" to make ourselves feel better about engaging in war. But our pipe dreams have no basis in reality, and a simple glance of history will show that murder, torture, rape, abuse, destruction, and pointless, irrational behavior are all both the products and driving force in war.

GSA

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
savages. thats what they are.

See how they cry and want compensation every time they get shot carrying weapons...hear them cry about losing a family member in the fighting who was a militant... then hear all our liberals say how nasty and savage the western armies are.

Then watch as a young man get sawn into pieces by so called humans, and listen as the bleeding hearts all fall very very silent. savages with no right to be considered humans. After ww2 we hung and inprisoned people who did alot similar things to others, yet will we hunt down those that did this to those poor young men?

i guess our bleeding heart liberals will say no because its against their poor human rights.......

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
If we were following the rules of the Geneva convention? GSA I do not think we would be in the cluster %#@k we are in now,and on another note you talk of saveges!Your avatar is outright racist! go with god my friend seek some peace in your lfe our some spiritual exploration!

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Who gave you the right to define war?

I don't really think that was the point here but... to "define" war is obviously a personal issue to some. But there are rules of engagment, the Geneva Convention to prevent or discourage in some cases this type of brutality and why?
Because war is primitive and brings out this behaviour in human beings. War is provacation and human's react when provoked.
But this description of this video (tho I could never watch it) is savage no matter what side of the fence you are on because as people we are all equal and have no right to rip apart other people even in the name of "war".

We create war. We go to war when the economy is bad, over religious issues, provocation. I could go on. So regardless of our "definition" of war we exacerbate the problem by acting like beasts.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bgood
If we were following the rules of the Geneva convention? GSA I do not think we would be in the cluster %#@k we are in now,and on another note you talk of saveges!Your avatar is outright racist! go with god my friend seek some peace in your lfe our some spiritual exploration!

I am at a loss. Why is his avatar racist? It looks like some sort of ordinary medieval artwork to me.

new topics

top topics

join