It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(DOC) Tick Tock.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Tick Tock.

"We have some sort of sickness, it's been in our family as far back as any of us can remember"

"A mental disorder"

"I guess you could call it that, my mum used to say we were blessed but i don't see it that way, I can see the future, not like those fakers you see on teevee and not all the time either. I know what your thinking just let me get it out before you say anything, I've paid for my half hour, please dont interrupt, it's hard enough as it is. It's not like i can see the future all the time, i've gone years without it happening, then all of a sudden i'll be walking down the street and...."

"Yes and..."

"Well, it's like time stands still, everything around me just stops, people, cars, birds, even the wind. I can't move either, i'm as paralysed as the rest except i can see these lines, time lines i guess you'd call them. Have you ever seen the movie Tron"

"Yeh sure, years ago."

"Well it's kind of like that, except these lines are like streaking out from everywhere and everything, now don't ask me how i can see 'em all, 'cause i don't know. I just sort of have to concentrate on one thing and it opens up like one of those movies in time lapse of a flower blooming, you know the one's i mean."

"Yes, i think so"

"So lets say there's a guy about to cross a road and i concentrate on him, all of a sudden all these lines will flow out from him heading in all directions, one of them might show him bending down to pick up a coin, another might show him stepping off the kerb into the path of a truck, another might show him waiting for the lights to change. Now there's a whole heap of these lines and i can seperate them and just concentrate on one at a time and follow it to an end point, usually to the next stop. I dont really know how to explain it better than that, it's like there are only so many of these important points where the lines split up. Sometimes, like if i followed the line where the guy steps into the path of the truck, the line will only travel for that short space of time to when the guy dies, but some of the other's that i've followed can go hundreds, sometimes even thousands of years into the future. The thing is Doc ive seen some amazing things, some good and some not so good, but every future i've followed to the end point has always had us in it, the human race i mean,"

"Go on"

"Until the other day".

“Ohhkaay”.

"It seems that when ever one of these pit stop points appears, all the previous futures cease to exist and new ones open up, and well the thing is Doc, i happened to see you walking to the station after work the other day, and that's when it hit me, and i really am sorry Doc, but i followed every one of your lines and if i let you leave this office alive today then it's all over for us and i just can't let that happen,"

"Aaahhgghh no, why, why i ........."

"My mum also used to say that God gave us this gift to keep in our family for a reason, i think she was right, i think we were given this gift to protect the future, if so then i guess i'll be forgiven, goodbye Doc".

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I like the ending. a tad confusing in the explanation, but i don't think it was meant to be fully comprehended by the doctor. nice job

new topics

join