It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eight Canadian Citizens Killed By Israel Airstrike

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
How true, we sold out to the powerful Lobby they have in Washington a long time ago. They attacked a US ship and killed US soldiers and what did we do? Threaten our surviving soldiers and pretended like nothing ever happened. Despicable.

Whoa! I agree with you WestPoint!

Something weird is happening here...

Putin Suspects Israel of Pursuing “Wider Goals” in Lebanon Attack

President Vladimir Putin said he thinks Israel is pursuing wider goals in its military campaign against Lebanon than the return of its two captured soldiers, the Associated Press news agency reports.

“However, it is our impression that aside from seeking to return the abducted soldiers, Israel is pursuing wider goals,” he said at a midnight news conference after a dinner opening the summit of the Group of Eight industrialized nations. He did not elaborate.

Maybe an Elimination of Hizb'Allah?

U.S., Europe urge Israel to show restraint

President Bush and European allies on Sunday urged Israel to show restraint after four days of steady bombing against its neighbor Lebanon, as the world leaders' summit was overshadowed by turmoil in the Middle East.

"Our message to Israel is, look, defend yourself," Bush said. "But as you do so, be mindful of the consequences. So we've urged restraint."

Israel is kind of not Restraining itself with their Attacks that have already killed 192 Civilans in Lebanon.

And the US veto against UN Resolution targetting Israel is kind of not helping either...

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The only goal that I currently see Israel maintaining is a combination of a punitive attack against Hezbolah and the establishment of a "buffer zone" between Lebanon and Israel. The buffer zone would be needed to maintain some semblance of security. However, with Hezbolah's use of air to ground missiles that have even struck Haifa, I would have to wonder, exactly, how effective such buffer zone would be.

In the past, buffer zones were established to prevent mortar attacks on Israeli settlements. They were effective but, of course, the buffer zones displaced people from their traditional homes sites and, in of themselves, became areas of contention.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The truth is that Lebanon is one of the last countries to be controlled by a central banking system, as afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Syria, North Korea. The axis of evil are simply resisting the NWO, which is the IMF, World Bank, Bank of international Settlements. Its always been about the banks.
Why does everyone think the United Nations is so great? Did you ever get a say in what they do? Which one of their representatives has ever been elected by the common man? Why does the rest of the world continually keep giving the U.N. land under world heritage sites? Agenda 21 came from the U.N.
N.A.T.O is now controlled by the U.N.
The U.N. are the bad guys, if they really cared about the world then they would have sent troops into Africa to stop all the genocide.
The United Nations was drilled into your head via the public school system to brainwash you into thinking their superiority without questions. The U.N. now sets public school corriculmn, David Rockefellar gave the land for the U.N. building. David Rockefellar is a rothchild agent for the "Crown"
Don't call be crazy until you do some actual research on the almight corporation called the U.N.
If you have ever read the bible then you would know the curses brought against any nation that goes against Israel. Being that Harper & Bush are suppossed Christians they probably got this in the back of their heads.
Still I wish no Canadians or Arabs, or anyone was killed.
You want to really blame someone. Blame the finaciers that lend the money and the Gov'ts that borrow it to play war in the first place. War is profit for the world banking elite with you the tax payer footing the bill.
It's always been about the money changers in the temple!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
The truth is that Lebanon is one of the last countries to be controlled by a central banking system, as afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Syria, North Korea.

You are Mistaken here my Friend:

"Jewish Homeland"

According to Simon Schama's book, "Two Rothschilds and the Land of Israel", the House of Rothschild had acquired 80% of the land of Israel. They also paid the expenses of the early settlers, manipulated into being the 1917 Balfour Declaration which recognized Israel as a Jewish homeland, funded the Nazis and created Mossad and the terrorist underground in Palestine.

Israel was founded by, and has always been controlled by, the Rothschilds and the rest of the Elite. The "Jewish homeland" scam is just a smokescreen and Jewish people are pawns in the game.

The Anti-Defamation League is a Mossad (Rothschild) front in the United States and further afield. ... It involved from an organisation set up before the First World War to brand as "anti-Semitic" the New York police commissioner who was determined to destroy the mobsters.

...And the Truth Shall Set You Free

Israel is not a home for Jewish people.

Israel is a base for the terrorists who created and control that state to operate, on behalf of the House of Rothschild and the Elite, a global terror and manipulation network.

That is why it was created after the war and the influence of its intelligence arm, Mossad, is so vast for such a tiny country because Mossad is really the intelligence agency of the Rothschild-Rockefeller-Global Elite, while genuine Jewish people who live in Israel (the vast, vast majority) are used as an innocent front, a smokescreen, for this.

[edit on 17/7/06 by Souljah]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
BattleofBatoche

Someone has their thinking cap on.

Souljah:

What you posted confirms what BattleofBatoche said. Have a re-read

Cheers

JS

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Yes the BIS is in Belgium right? So if the Rothschilds are based in Israel, where is their operation center? Could it be underneath the city of Jerusalem in those unexplored caverns? I am thinking its a possibility.

On another note, what if Hezbollah cannot return the soldiers?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It's sad, but I won't hold the Israelis or the Lebanese at fault. A paramilitary force (that, admittedly, was let fester by the Lebanese government) that is supplied and perhaps even controlled by a foreign power has been striking Israeli civillian and military targets. If someone were going that to your countrymen, well, you know your government would act in the same manner.

I am surprised and pleased with Harper's pro-Israeli stance, though it's only a stopgap for his half-assed political career.

Where's my airborne regiment, dammit!

DE

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
[edit on 17-7-2006 by OSoLoJo]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Previous post: This just angers me beyond anything. Being a Canadian Ive wondered why Harper hasn't even questioned Israels actions when this whole thing started. Now, I hear at the G8 he still justifies their actions even after they start to kill OUR OWN citizens. Prime Minister Harper makes me sick. He is a disgrace to our country and doesn't care about the well being of our own citizens, and proves he only does what G Dubya wants him to.

Harper has not questioned Israels actions because Israel is in the RIGHT here. It is about time that they launch an "all out" attack on Hezbollah and discarm them by whatever means necessary. I do feel for the Canadians that were killed. Be assured that in no way, shape or form did Israel intend to kill Canadians nor any other innocent. The Israelis are a good people!
Please remember that this is WAR.. War is ugly, viscious, violent. Good, innocent men, women and children die due to wars and it is TRAGIC!! No doubt. However, Hezbollah struck first! What would the Canadians do if a terrorist (government) organisation came across their border and killed 8 soldiers, captured 3 and started firing rockets at you??? I'll tell you.... They would call the USA!!!
Also be assured, the USA is going to evacuate any and all Canadians that want to leave. We are your best friends. We are your defenders. We are your brothers and sisters. Don't lose sight of that!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sendillegalshome
Harper has not questioned Israels actions because Israel is in the RIGHT here. It is about time that they launch an "all out" attack on Hezbollah and discarm them by whatever means necessary. I do feel for the Canadians that were killed. Be assured that in no way, shape or form did Israel intend to kill Canadians nor any other innocent. The Israelis are a good people!
Please remember that this is WAR.. War is ugly, viscious, violent. Good, innocent men, women and children die due to wars and it is TRAGIC!! No doubt. However, Hezbollah struck first! What would the Canadians do if a terrorist (government) organisation came across their border and killed 8 soldiers, captured 3 and started firing rockets at you??? I'll tell you.... They would call the USA!!!
Also be assured, the USA is going to evacuate any and all Canadians that want to leave. We are your best friends. We are your defenders. We are your brothers and sisters. Don't lose sight of that!

But you're serious, aren't you? I guess you forgot this.

I'd wager that if this scenario were to be played out we would have to worry about a neighboring "terrorist" government. Hmm, who would that be? This may be war but you would think that a little time would be given so that they could get out?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
why doesn't Israel deploys it Sky Guard system near Haifa ??
This could safe lifes and is a perfect way of promoting the system
because they are now selling the system ( or want to sell the system) to
major US airports.
www.engadget.com...

the skyguard system was made and developed by Israel and the USA and is succesor to the THEL

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Israel is targeting civilians on purpose and i think it is absolutely disgusting. They desperately want war with Iran and Syria so that the US can get involved and as usual they will get what they want. The spin machines are preparing the minds of the American people to get support after some upcoming tragic event, the script never changes.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Let's not mince words. The Israelis are intentionally targetting civilians and committing war crimes, and crimes against humanity. Based on casualty reports, the Israelis' body count of Lebanese and Palestinian civilians far exceeds that of Hamas and Hezbollah. And our (the US) government and its s(p)inmasters on right-wing television and radio turn a blind eye and openly condone, encourage, and praise Israel's criminal carnage.

The world is going to hell. There are no leaders. Nothing but wretched power mongers and empire builders who care nothing about individual rights to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.

The Israelis should be made to pay for these crimes no less than Hamas and Hezbollah. And I do mean the Israelis themselves should pay rather than suck more lifeblood out of America's taxpayers to compensate for these misdeeds and crimes.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
nah. I think the Israelis this time sensed an imminent, real possibility of an Iranian/Syrian ground route into Israel via Lebanon. And now they've plugged that hole, forcing any incoming to come via air, with no airport in Beirut, and toothpicks for bridges. Actually, militarily, not a bad strategy. And of course, that might not be so wise for Iran/Syria to attempt with planes. Missiles maybe, but not planes. And if they are going to go the missile route, well, Israel has a few of its own. Big ones. The civilian casualties are merely a byproduct, unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The U.N. did try to get troops into Darfur, Ethiopia, Sudan, Sierra Leone, it's deaf ears their pleas fell on.

Autocrats, fanatics and oil.

Hezbollah is headquartered in civillian areas. Who is responsible for that.

"So far, 25,000 Canadians have registered with the country's embassy but, the official said the total number of Canadian passport holders in Lebanon was estimated to be around 50,000.

"The majority of Canadians in Lebanon are, in fact, residents of Lebanon and one has to question whether they would leave their homes," said the official."

Sounds like he thinks they would prefer Syria.

english.aljazeera.net...

The Israeli attack may be disproportionate, but it's not unprovoked.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by clearwater]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Once again we have a gathering of the ATS Armchair Generals, and once again, a frenetic thumping of the chest and castigation of Western Values, which are somehow, mysteriously guided by a secret cabal of wizened, ancient brothers intent on world domination...

Truth to tell, Israel is, and therefore, has the right to exist. It is right, and meet that we should blame the US for all the worlds ills, and shortcomings. After all, Bushie and his band of merry men are doing such a fine job of running the US government that they are expanding and franchising into world domination.

You guys slay me. How about, instead a scenario where terrorists, bent on dominating the Middle East, at any cost, are assaulting Israel with rocketry, cannon, and terrorist bombs. Killing their own people as well as total strangers, regardless of the fact that all of them together couldn't agree on how to steer the course of a sailboat on a windy lake heading for a rocky shore at 20 knots ... We spend time blaming the Rothchildes, Rockwells, Bushes, Canadian leaders and an ancient unprovable, unknowable cartel of illumined brothers, who are intellectually superior to the normal human being, sneaky and have a plan for world domination that should have come to fruition two or three hundred, to thousand years ago, if they only existed?

Why is it that the Hezbollah and the other terrorist organizations are never to blame for the death, destruction, grief, and shadowy evil that they leave behind through their own stupidity and thoughtlessness? I mean ... Look at the useless fratricide that is occurring in Iraq! Same Stuff - Different Day. We, rightly or wrongly, deposed the benevolent dictatorship and now, because they can not figure out a more constructive path to travel or don't know what to do with surplus war material, they kill their own people to prove their point and justify their existence? Please....

Simply put, all historical grievance and internicene hatreds aside, if the Hezbollah had disbanded, or at the very least attempted a more constructive method of communication than war, then I suspect Israel would have left them alone.

I am afraid that we are sliding down the side of the precipice that leads to open (not cloaked in armchair Generalese) World War. It will do no one any good in the long run, and it will set us back, as a human race, many generations. However, since we are already, apparently, headed there, at least call it what it is. Human stupidity on many sides. No one is all right or all wrong. That is, after all, the human condition, but some are a little bit more than others.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

Israel started this?.... You have got to be kidding.

When you colonize other people's land and kick them out at gunpoint, they're going to hate you for it, whether your ancestors lived there 2,000 years ago or not.

Welcome to reality...

hhahaha brillant and so true

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Sigung86:

Can you read? If you can read, do you comprehend?

No-one is saying that Israel doesn't have the right to defend itself and strike back at legitimate military targets. Its intentional targeting of civilian men, women, and children and civilian infrasturcture is what people are protesting.

Israel always engages in excessive retaliation. Israel's methods have brought the hatred of the Arab and Muslim World upon itself and is bringing the contempt of many who used to be supportive. Israel conducts itself like an uncivilized rogue toward its neighbors and continually and deliberately foments their animosity toward it.

Israel has always operated as an oppressor of Palestinians. What does it expect them and their supporters to do? Say "thank you, we liked that", turn and bend over again, and again, and again, and again? You reap what you sow. The current mess is but the crop of the seed that Israel and the US and Anglo Saxon West have planted in the Middle East.

No-one here condones the bad conduct of Hamas and Hezbollah. We are saying that their bad conduct doesn't give Israel's regime of lunatics a license to commit crimes against its neighbors.

On the other hand, Israel's current campaign may have little to do to with exacting revenge for the kidnapping of a couple of soldiers. If that's what it was about, it would prove Israel's leaders to be a gaggle of lunatics indeed.

This campaign is a diversion of the World's attention from other areas and may be setting the stage for something that we are not expecting.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone
Sigung86:

Can you read? If you can read, do you comprehend?

At least as well as you, apparently. I am not saying they are not over defending. I am actually disappointed that all the dribble comes down about the way the bilderbergers, rothchildren, Illuminati, etc. is always blamed for the fact that people stupidly kill each other rather than sit and talk about differences.

I was, generally, pointing my comments to the people who are all over Israel, as in they seem to have no right to survive... Or the USA is totally behind all the lunacy that occurs in the Middle East.

No-one is saying that Israel doesn't have the right to defend itself and strike back at legitimate military targets. Its intentional targeting of civilian men, women, and children and civilian infrasturcture is what people are protesting.

And yet it is ok for the Hezbollah to put themselves in and among civilian targets and attack the Israelis? Hmmm ... It is ok for the various terrorist groups in Iraq, Afghanistan, Europe, Great Britain, and elsewhere to kill civilians?

Israel always engages in excessive retaliation. Israel's methods have brought the hatred of the Arab and Muslim World upon itself and is bringing the contempt of many who used to be supportive. Israel conducts itself like an uncivilized rogue toward its neighbors and continually and deliberately foments their animosity toward it.

Lest we forget that Israel is a very small nation surrounded by hostile nations, whom on numerous other occasions had absolutely no qualms about throwing much larger amounts of military at Israel than Israel could muster, and yet the Israelis perservered and eventually won, each and every time.

Israel has always operated as an oppressor of Palestinians. What does it expect them and their supporters to do? Say "thank you, we liked that", turn and bend over again, and again, and again, and again? You reap what you sow. The current mess is but the crop of the seed that Israel and the US and Anglo Saxon West have planted in the Middle East.

The rest of the world sold out the Palestinians when Israel was founded as a nation in the way back when... Give the Israelis a little plot of the Middle East, forget the Palestinians, no one else will be bothered and the Israelis will either sink or swim of their own accord. As long as no one else (US, Europe, Great Britain, Canada, et al. have to be bothered with the residue of the failed "final solution".

No-one here condones the bad conduct of Hamas and Hezbollah. We are saying that their bad conduct doesn't give Israel's regime of lunatics a license to commit crimes against its neighbors.

Fortunately, or perhaps unfortunately, in this case, survival does not come down to a lunatic regime if you win ... Only if you lose.

On the other hand, Israel's current campaign may have little to do to with exacting revenge for the kidnapping of a couple of soldiers. If that's what it was about, it would prove Israel's leaders to be a gaggle of lunatics indeed.

Think in terms of numbers here... How many American, British, Canadian, etc. soldiers need to be lost in the field of combat to have the same strategic impact as the loss of one Israeli soldier? I'm not pulling any comparison here other than combat capability. General Custer had technical superiority, but in the end he was just outnumbered.

This campaign is a diversion of the World's attention from other areas and may be setting the stage for something that we are not expecting.

We totally agree here, thus my little statement at the end about the slipper slopes to World War.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Steps out from under rock where I spent the night ...

Shakes off the remnants of early morning dew as the temperature rises ...

Looks about at the dank, lonely landscape ...

Looks directly into the screen of any current viewer ...

With firm set of jaw and steely eye determination ...

I apologize for having killed this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join