It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it symbolic that they hit Nezareth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
we know this was one of the aims of the Hezbollah, to hit this symbolic place. are they saying something to christians?

they said before they hit that they wanted to hit nezareth, why. is it something to do with christians, and somehow to touch within christians, because everyone automatically remembers nezareth to be the home of jesus parents.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Not necessarily, jesus is part of all religions, jesus was a jew, and he is also a very important prophet in the muslim religion

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
but you know what i mean, i am sure the news tries to push it as arabs attacking place of jesus, you hear it on news now.

i know what you mean though.

XS

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I don't see any reason for attacking Nazareth myself, especially from the Middle East, as Tommio said:

Jesus is part of all religions

I don't see any gain in it or any goals that could be accomplished in doing so. But thats me.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Is it symbolic that they are bombing places like Baalbek? A place of antiquity even before the birth of Jesus Christ it was built, a place that once it gets bombed can never be recreated or seen again. Thousands of years old its stood only to be possibly taken down by weapons of modern war. How bout Babylon? The Library of Alexandria?
When it comes to war...nobody uses their heads they just fight.How many other one-of-a-kind structures, works of art,religious icons in past history have been stolen,burned,destroyed?

XS

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   

How many other one-of-a-kind structures, works of art,religious icons in past history have been stolen,burned,destroyed?

I agree with you fully on this, unfortunelly they don't seem to care, it's a shame and doesn't benefit anyone for structures like this to be destroyed like that. They want to do something symbolic? Be the people that saves these before we destroy our history, no one benefits from making a point of destroying them.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It is symbolic as far as range goes. They are saying this strike is the deepest that Hezbollah has struck ever before missle-wise. I wouldnt read too much into the fact that they struck Nazareth from a religious standpoint but rather from a technological/capability standpoint as it was intended.

And yes as the other poster stated, Jesus is very important in the Muslim religion as well.

new topics

top topics

join