It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

shame on you ats

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
im sorry, but i felt i had to say this.

i came back to my pc late this evening to find a new forum showing up in the new posts section called 'slugfest' and i really had to shake my head.

maybe some think its a great idea for some form of 'fun entertainment' but i thought an effort was being made recently so that this sort of posting was being stamped out at ats?

isnt there enough hate and nasty visciousness in the world at the moment as it is without encouraging more? i thought this place was better than that.

just my thought on it

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I think slugfest is a good thing.... Why not vent a little and keep it civil on the rest of the board? If you do not like that forum just do not go there right?

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'm with you. The virulence and nonsense of PTS has not been missed on ATS. And the inclusion of its posts in the ATS new posts list is contradictory to the numerous threads by at least two of the owners to kill the political nastiness on ATS.

I'm not sure what led to this decision.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If you look at the top of the forum page you will see a button that says, "ATS Only" and if you click on it the board will return to the same as it has always been for you. You'll never see the PTS threads again unless you choose to.

wupy

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
No...there is no "ATS only" button on my screen. And I have to say that this should be an "opt in" instead of a necessary "opt out" issue.

It's like getting spam mail from a company you buy from...NO...i don't want to have to click the button "I don't want your f***ing spam email". I prefer it to be I have to click the button to RECEIVE the f***ing spam email.

Anyway, I don't have an ATS only button.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Okay, i found the ATS Only button.

For those who were looking UP at the button menu...it's in the recent list button list just after 300-400 or something like that.

I'm opting out.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I have an ats only button but it isn't permanently hiding PTS from me. If I want to see PTS posts I will go to PTS and look at them. A big thumbs down
for making this a feature. I would udnerstand if you could go to your settings and click sometihng like "show PTS new posts" or sometihng like that. Everytime I click new posts I have to click ATS only everytime that is just annoying.

EDIT: I agree wit hvalhall oh and val it's not a permanent opt out...

[edit on 7/16/06 by cpr12r]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
OH MY GAWD!

He's right!

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Yeah, actually I was trying real hard since earlier, really hard. I don't like this. I like being able to see the ATS posts that I keep track of, and this is burying threads on the "new post" page way too quickly to keep up with.

Sorry, I did try it out, and I tried to smile it through, I just can't keep track of things that really do interest me now. Also, I avoid most politics because I don't consider myself a member of any of those political parties. So, even though it's just little old me, here, it is denying other people the chance to respond to threads that would normally show, and therefore denying me the chance to have a conspiracy dialogue without seeing all the political stuff.

Admin should know especially, I send my praises often when things are changed and like to show my appreciation. I was incredibly happy about the changes with taking politics out of ATS. Now they're back and I can't see only what I should be able to see. Also this is going to be a bad thing with people confusing what is PTS/ATS and bickering in forums unintentionally while getting in trouble for it.

I tried, but can't get into it.

BTW, Val, if you haven't gotten it already, here is the link to the ATS Only page...

ATS ONLY

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
the ats only feature blocks out the other forums which i would like to view though.

my concern is with the inclusion of the 'slugfest' forum which serves no purpose other than to foster more ill-feeling between members as far as i cam concerned.

its so easy to say well dont go there if you dont like it but that totally misses the point!
i had already decided not to go down that road for what ought to be obvious reasons.

can we really not get over this animal need some members seem have to have to cause hurt, harm and spread more nastiness. cant you just walk away from your pc for 10 mins if you need to let off steam and then come back with an intelligent reply?

we all get mad at some posts and posters but we dont have to encourage it

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Now that you put that slant on the Slug Fest forum, justyc, I think Ill have to agree with you. We already have a forum where members can properly debate topics out. Also, there is yet another debate forum on PTS, Politics Head-2-Head. "Freeform political debate." What is a freeform debate? Something where members can just yell whatever they want at the other member? If not, why call it freeform?

Not dishing you, ATS, but keep your eyes open.

btw, does anyone think the new 'New Posts' timing structure is good? It went from timing in hours to just numbering the last posts, 1-100, 100-200 and so on. No 1-6 hours and 6-12 hours anymore?

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Never fear.

As we continue to experiment with ways to promote the new and improved PTS, and recognize that political discussion is important to many ATS members (especially given current events), we're looking for new methods to promote cross-board activity.

The next step is to retain your ATS-only or ATS-and-PTS settings between sessions.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Never fear.

As we continue to experiment with ways to promote the new and improved PTS, and recognize that political discussion is important to many ATS members (especially given current events), we're looking for new methods to promote cross-board activity.

The next step is to retain your ATS-only or ATS-and-PTS settings between sessions.

Skeptic if you can do that I'll be happy... until then... *goes and whines in chat*

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
hi SO.

maybe the better option would be to have tick boxes for the forums you do or dont want to see included in the new posts section.

i still want to view the politics forum and its nice to see also a few new forums dealing with more current world issues have been created, but the slugfest just brings the site down and i know a lot of staff and members have worked very hard to get ats back on track with decent postings. its a hard enough job as it is for them but are we not adult enough to at least try to be civil to each other? despite the world round you, its really not that hard if you try

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
As a poster in Slugfest...I want to agree with everyone of you. I thought that Slugfest posts were only supposed to remain in Slugfest and Slugfest only and everything that was said there remained there. It's kind of contradictory to the rules of it. I think if someone wants to participate in Slugfest fine....of course, i'm the type of personality that likes a debate. But, it's not the type of place that should be shoved down other members throats, in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
FYI: "Slugfest" posts are no longer included in the multi-board display version of the "New Posts" page.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Can someone post a screenshot of the "ATS Only" button because I cant seem to find it, thanks in advance.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The "ATS Only" button is in between the “Full 24 Hours” button and the “Today @ BTS” button.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Ditto for me. Can't seem to see it, which of course doesn't mean that it isn't there. My eyesight isn't what it used to be. Or maybe I'm finally being targeted for my story on the Three Amigos? Time will tell...

Edit: Ah, got it. Thanks! Eyesight it was.

[edit on 16-7-2006 by Willard856]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
And apparently we can't discuss the Mid-East situation without going to PTS either. So we're all sitting here watching the next possible global conflict and we can't discuss it here unless we join in PTS. Only now we don't have to go to PTS because it's in our face. I swear it wasn't much more than a week ago that we had the logo upside lamenting the poltical bickering on ATS and now its been brought right into our living room.

The schizophrenic behavior around here is getting disconcerting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join