It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help on nukes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Whats that stuff that smoke that goes verticle to the right of that nuclear explosion. I always see them and I really wanted to know what those were. Can someone please tell me?

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
not sure, but one thing i am sure of, nukes going off effect more than we are told.
lets hope we don't see them again.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I heard that if you are close enough to even SEE a nuclear explosion, you will suffer radiation. Just what I heard. Don't shoot me, lol.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
wildcat, you say you always see them. I've never seen them, not in any video or pic. Could you point me to a few links?

Found one: www.orbwar.com...

[edit on 16/7/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
First of all the Soviet Union is dumb for not wearing protective masks and walking towards a nuclear explosion. I know it was them b/c I know my mushroom clouds. Heres the link -

www.youtube.com...

(Im talking about Soviet Union not Russian Federation and I understand they didnt know b/c I recall that was their first detonation. But why did they nuke their own troops)

As for steam lines here you go.

www.youtube.com... -

See those smoke lines to the left on ther atillery fire?

And this -

www.youtube.com... -

Its always to the right of the explosion. Those streams of smoke going striaght up. What are those.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Are those "sounding rockets?"

Something used to study the effects of the blast...?
I've just assumed thats what they were..

Launched, just previous to the blast..take measurements, until they are...poof!

[edit on 16-7-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Cmon- those are blast projection indicators. All it takes is a lil research ATS'res. Someone please google the resaerch for this person.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I love nukes, theyre so cool. I love the sound of them. It would be very cool to witness one with protection. I always kind of wanted to see a nuke in real life instead of all these videos of them.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
First of all the Soviet Union is dumb for not wearing protective masks and walking towards a nuclear explosion. I know it was them b/c I know my mushroom clouds. Heres the link -

www.youtube.com...

(Im talking about Soviet Union not Russian Federation and I understand they didnt know b/c I recall that was their first detonation. But why did they nuke their own troops)

Heheheh, actually I've seen that video in history class. Those are American troops (one big clue is that the signs are in English), and at the time they were conducting an exercise based on the idea of nuking a nearby fortification and then storming it shortly after the blast. At the time the effects of residual radiation was still relatively unknown and if I'm not mistaken this particular test put an end to the idea of capturing an area shortly after nuking it.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Maybe your right but I got the idea they were Soviet b/c of the mushroom cloud. It looks like a Soviet one I saw before.

Also I would like to say that the word Soviet sounds cool. And I do understand why there was communism, it wasnt intended to be bad it was for everyone can get food and no one is poor and starving. And there is other stuff but you can go and find that out for yourself.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Fundamentally speaking; Soviet bombs and American bombs didn't actually look a whole lot different once they actually explode. Although Soviet bombs tend to be a bit more powerful (a tradeoff for a less bit accurate missiles), it was hard to distingush who's bomb it was until you could actually get a sample from the blast site.

From what I can tell the main differences tend to be between fission bombs and hydrogen bombs. Considering that one of the signs referrenced Stalin I'd say that it was most likely an atom bomb tested in that video.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat

www.youtube.com...

As for steam lines here you go.

www.youtube.com... -

See those smoke lines to the left on ther atillery fire?

And this -

www.youtube.com... -

Its always to the right of the explosion. Those streams of smoke going striaght up. What are those.

Hahahaha. First of all, those were Americans. Second of all, it was not Russia who made their troops watch a nuclear explosion, killing the helpless troops and making the survivors face something even worse-lifetime suffering.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Well the fireball looked like it was a Soviet one I saw. Looked so like the same. I really always wanted to witness a real explosion with my eyes after the flash. It would be so awsome.

new topics

top topics

join