It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli air strike kills 8 Canadians in Lebanon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   

CBC News
Sun, 16 Jul 2006 15:00:15 EDT

Eight Canadians were killed and six others seriously wounded in an Israeli air raid that hit a Lebanese town on the border with Israel on Sunday, Ottawa says.

Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister Peter MacKay said the wounded Canadians were in critical condition after the town of Aitaroun was hit in the fifth day of fighting between the Israeli military and the Lebanese-based militant organization Hezbollah.

Ottawa is sending in commercial vessels to help any Canadian citizen who wishes to leave Lebanon, MacKay said.

"We are securing these vessels. They will be in the region as soon as humanly possible," he told CBC Newsworld.

The Foreign Affairs Department says 16,000 Canadians have registered with the government to say they're in Lebanon, while estimating that there are likely two to three times that many in the country.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It will be interesting to see how Canada and Harper's government reacts to this news.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Gools with thousands of Americans in-country, 4 Brazilian nationals already dead and now Canadian nationals dead....they have been pathetically slow in reacting.
Do you think Harper will just take the same stance as Bush? You would think canada and USA would have been reacting way before Italy has.

Pie

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Heartbreak, for one Canadian family. Six of the eight dead were related.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
What I find even worse then people dying in this conflict is that when these people are killed by Israeli, people talk about how they aren't evacuated fast enough and thats about it.

If these people were killed by rockets comming from Lebanon or Palestine, people would be crying out they were victims of terrorist attacks.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
What I find even worse then people dying in this conflict is that when these people are killed by Israeli, people talk about how they aren't evacuated fast enough and thats about it.

Would you like to hear something even more low. The USA is providing evacuation to Americans but it won't be free. They will be offering Low interest Repatriation Loans to people who cannot afford it. We paid for and financed the bombs being dropped and then we gotta pay to be taken out from underneath them!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Wow notice how all the anti muslim oh I mean anti hizbollah threads get 10 post a minute but none of the hypocrites will blame Israel for killing civillians even foriegners.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Islamist]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
That's not the topic of this thread, Islamist. The topic here is "Israeli air strike kills 8 Canadians in Lebanon". Please stay on topic!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Islamist
Wow notice how all the anti muslim oh I mean anti hizbollah threads get 10 post a minute but none of the hypocrites will blame Israel for killing civillians even foriegners.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Islamist]

Before you try to brand me with the broad brush of hypocracy or even, possibly, anti Muslim sentiment or rascism, let me say that my own personal posts on ATS should speak for themselves. I have always stood firmly on the road of moderation, restraint, tolerence, justice and principle -- at least I have always tried. I might have asked provocative questions but I only did so to elicit opinion not to provoke malicioiusly.

That said, in response to your statement about "blaming Israel for killing civilians even foreigners could be, just as easily, asked from an Israeli perspective. "what about keeping the blame on the hezbolah?"

Isn't it obvious that the level of discord and even hatred between Arab and Israeli, Muslim and Jew, has reached the point where logic can never prevail. The discord between these two peoples has reached the point where, perhaps, peace can never be acheived. At some point, the only result might readily appear to be the destruction of one side or the other. Can not the moral, the decent element of each religion -- with a belief in the SAME God (Yahweh/Allah - Allah/Yahweh) come to a resultant agreement to, literally "forgive and forget" or is that only the province of the philosophy of the Christian religion?

Face it, everyone, this hatred between these two peoples is, at this point, without amicable resolution unless cooler minds, warmer hearts and enlightened temperment can come into play. Dare I say, it would take Divine intervention to bring around a change in mind and attitude before peace can be acheived. Otherwise, this rhetoric will continue in an endless, timeless loop with nothing to show but the decimation of one people or another and a land saturated in blood and sown with hatred.

new topics

top topics

join