It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why obsessed with WWIII?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Basicly I don't understand why everyone is so obsessed with WWIII?

Everytime something mayor is happening in the world (for instance now with Israel) people say.....oh WWIII has started. Sometimes I wonder if it is just because we want it so much we are so obsessed with it. Why are we so obsessed with this?

[edit on 16/7/2006 by rai76]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think its in human nature to wage wars.. Since day one humans exist there have
been wars.
Its probably a thing in human nature to conquer and develop, sortof a primal instict.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
have you heard that new song from tool called vicarious? i think it sort of explains why people are obsessed with things like this. it makes a really good statement about how glued society is to tragedy and war.

LYRICS:
Eye on the T.V. 'cause tragedy thrills me.
Whatever flavor it happens to be like..
"Killed by the husband",
"Drowned by the ocean",
"Shot by his own son",
"She used the poison in his tea
and kissed him goodbye".
That's my kinda story.
It's no fun until someone dies.

Don't look at me like I am a monster.
Frown out your one face,
But with the other.
Stare like a junkie into the T.V..
Stare like a zombie,
While the mother holds her child.
Watches him die.
Pleads to the sky crying:
"Why, oh why?"

Cause I need to watch things die... from a distance.
Vicariously I live while the whole world dies.
You all need it too - don't lie.

Why can't we just admit it?
Why can't we just admit?

We won't give pause until the blood is flowing.
Neither the brave nor bold, or writers of stories told.
We won't give pause until the blood is flowing.

I need to watch things die.. from a good safe distance.
Vicariously I live while the whole world dies.
You all feel the same so..

Why can't we just admit it?

Blood like rain come down.
Drown on grave and ground.

Part vampire.
Part warrior.
Carnivore and voyeur.
Stare at the transmitter.
Sing to the death rattle.

Lie (4x)

(Background news headline)

Credulous, divest your desire to believe in
Angels in the hearts of men.
Pull your head on out.
Your head believes it give a listen.
Shouldn't have to say it all again.
The universe is hostile,
So impersonal.
Devour to survive, so it is,
So it's always been.

We all feed on tragedy.
It's like blood to a vampire.

Vicariously, I live while the whole world dies.
Much better you than I.

i think there are many different reasons why people want WWIII and while the obsession may be disconcerning, we cant keep our questions or even analyzations of events to ourselves. its important to talk things out.

Digitalgrl

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Why is there so much "interest" in a potential WWIII --- fear.

The second world war affected so many people so deeply that it has become, perhaps, a sort of global anxiety disorder. And it is easy to understand why. Tens of millions of people were killed and even more were maimed and/or injured. Untold millions of people were left homeless, refugees from their own countries and even when the second World War ended there was an almost seamless transition into the Cold War.

The cold war, of course, could be described as the global society's Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. We all still, in sense, continue to live under the aftermath of the Cold War and the PTSD that was imprinted on so many of us.

I don't believe that anyone really is eager for a WWIII. Only the truly ignorant or the deeply disturbed could possibly wish another global conflagration. But to ignore the possibility of another World War is foolhardy. Any interest in WWIII is born of fear, pure and simple because we know that we would all be affected and, to put it bluntly, it would'nt be good.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Because the way in which man has develouped 21st century civilisation is destorying the planet, destroying our goal for peace, destroying culture and ultimately making ilfe too damn difficult for the little guy to succeed.

The rich get richer, while the poor get poorer.

Tax, Interest Rates, Inflation, OIL!!!, the Cumbustion engine and RELIGION all these MAN MADE things of todays day n age are killing mankind.

We need a major global conflict to reset the way we think.

Why do I need to drive my car that uses x amount of fuel for $1.40l to go down to the local deli to buy 4$ bottle of coke?

Why cant I ride my bike down the road, to pick some oranges and squeeze my own juice?

We live in a world of material possessions, money, greed and consumption.

when the government makes money of WAR
when the government makes money of OIL
when the government makes money from corporations
when the government makes money from cigerettes

when these things happen we need a serious reality check.

Lets hope once we have destroyed each others infrastrucutre, killed of a large % of the worlds population and destroyed majority of our natural recources we will be able to see that there are better ways to sustain a living.

Day by day we burn our bridges as a species telling ourselves that by the time we need those bridges, we would of found something to replace them.
Well what happens when some unforseen event happens and we need those bridges. long before we expected?

Mankind needs to suffer, in order to improve.

And the nxt war is that suffering.

Although a world without religion now there's something to dream about.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   
People will ALWAYS be desperately looking FOR WWIII....because ~IMHO~....alot of people (Christians) really WANT the bible to be true..........so they are always saying "here it comes, you just watch......the bible said so!"..............they wait and watch, and even TRY to make it come true by insighting anger and spreading hate for others.....

Waiting and actually HOPING for the end of times.

This is MY opinion, and is only an opinion.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
People will ALWAYS be desperately looking FOR WWIII....because ~IMHO~....alot of people (Christians) really WANT the bible to be true..........so they are always saying "here it comes, you just watch!"..............

This is MY opinion, and is only an opinion.

Ive been doing quit some reading the last days and several things have struck me odd about the events unfolding now, but first off let me say that im not looking for the bible to be true as im not that religious.

Here

Javier Solana

another good Solana thread

Now if one does keep an open, unbiased mind while checking those threads and links , it does seem strange to me that some of those facts do certainly mirror events fortold in the bible.

How would you explain some of the stuff mentioned in those threads ? Is it all coincidence ?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think its personal fascination to some degree. Weve all seen history go by with WW1 and WW2. And most people know that the odds are highly in favor in another world war at some point in our future. Its inevitable. Our world runs on the premise of chaos(war in my opinion), and out of chaos(war) comes order. I personally belive its the natural order of things. Those who disagree are bound to come to fisticuffs at some point if agreements and concessions arent made from both sides then conflict will come. Just the way it is.

I myself am highly interested in international geopolitics, and at its roots is based on common sense. Its all about looking out for "number 1."

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It's either world war 3 or global revolution. People are too blind and too lazy to do a revolution, they want war, they want to be put in a situation were they MUST live by themselves, in the woods or anywhere else, with a certain contact with nature.

People are feed by Hollywood catastrophe scenarios and it's seems ``cool`` in the movie, as dawn of the dead, and those kind of movies and people want to live those things because Hollywood show only the bright part of it, where there are heroes and that kind of stuff...

Hollywood will lead us to WW3, not revolution because those who control Hollywood doesn't want a revolution, they wouldn't make money over it and they would be hang up.

Also, I would PAY to see Paris Hilton alone with no medias and those kind of hollywood things, in the woods, trying to figure out how to eat! It would be AWESOME!

[edit on 19-7-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rai76
Basicly I don't understand why everyone is so obsessed with WWIII?

I believe at least, that it is due to the fact that we are here now.

The next World War would most likely become a Nuclear War, with the possibility of killing all life as we know it.

I for one would be very interested in something that would affect my life in a major way such as that.

Of course, I'm paranoid anyway.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
No rational thinking human being is "obsessed" with it. I think "terrified" would be more appropriate. And.. I don't believe the premiss of your thread post is correct. I don't believe that people ALWAYS think WW3 is about to start when SHTF. I think THIS time around there is good reason to suspect we're headed for very dark times indeed. But the only people I can think of who are actually "obsessed" with it are those who believe THEY have something personally to gain from it. People like the Bushes for example (heh) .. but specificly groups that believe in the rapture and the antichrist and all that mythology might be concidered "obsessed" with it.

But A world war is nothing to glorify or look forward to. YOU WILL lose someone you care about in it. Everyone will. The world will NOT be a "better place" like it was after the last big war. Its going to be more of a mess like the first one's aftermath.

We should all be out fighting the advancement of these current events if we don't want to risk losing all that we love and hold dear to ourselves. Why this is not happening is the real mystery to me.

My question is: Why is no one trying to stop what looks to be a coming large scale world war?

I do not understand why weapons making is just outlawed completely in the UN itself.. this should have been a mandate after WW2.

Our loss.

-VMX

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It's bad here on ATS but i bet its REALLY bad in Amsterdam with all those paranoid stoned folks. Am I right Rai?

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
It's bad here on ATS but i bet its REALLY bad in Amsterdam with all those paranoid stoned folks. Am I right Rai?

What on earth are you talking about? This topic is about why everyone is so obsessed with WWIII.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I'm not obsessed- just looking around though, one can't help but wonder if there is just a slight possibility that the poop may hit the fan soon.
That's just being realistic, not obsessed, imo.

Besides, who are we going to talk about this with? Certainly nobody outside our little circle wants to hear this.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
A professor I once had said we go to war because peace is boring. I like boring.

top topics

join