It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemason Membership Plummets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Uh, Trinityman? I believe you meant mystique. In the colonies, a Mistique is lower-end model of Mercury motor car.

HTH
Fitz

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon
Uh, Trinityman? I believe you meant mystique. In the colonies, a Mistique is lower-end model of Mercury motor car.

HTH
Fitz

Doh

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

In the colonies, a Mistique is lower-end model of Mercury motor car.

No, that's a "Mystique" as well. I've got a '97 with 135k miles on it. Drive it every day and it runs great. Unless you're referring to some other colonies, that is.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

In the colonies, a Mistique is lower-end model of Mercury motor car.

No, that's a "Mystique" as well. I've got a '97 with 135k miles on it. Drive it every day and it runs great. Unless you're referring to some other colonies, that is.

Doh

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Fitzgibbon]

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Fitzgibbon]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I'm a little suprised at their response. I was in the same situation and... [snip]
I'd try again and see if you have better luck.

I guess I should've been more clear - I didn't go and visit them, that was an informal email discussion, not face to face meeting

Nearest lodge I'm aware of is only a block away from where I work, so perhaps I should go and try their door handle sometime soon

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Masonic Light I agree with you fully on your research. I think the ideas are there, I think there is enough ambitious members out there. Just how can we bring them together? Maybe form a committee so people that are on the same page can get together and start to apply these great ideas.

Masonic Light any idea how to go about this? Would you agree with a committee?
I also thought about a bring back to life an old side order. Since discussion is not allowed in lodges about such topics that brought brothers together in the first place. A side order would be a nice place to be able to talk about such topics and have lectures and study groups on such topics. Do you agree?

Also I have talked to many lodges before picking one. I was wondering what you would suggest to new possible canidates on picking a lodge due to these problems? I have spent a lot of time myself talking to masters about how active the lodge is and how open they are to very active officers. The first lodge I met with in this state anyway was very negative but after a few more meets I found one that seem to have very open and ambitious brothers.

Originally posted by Count
At times I've been interested in joining a lodge and to become a freemason.

I have seen this problem before. In the US I have been in one state where its been very open for potential new canidates. SO if you were to stop by a lodge before the start of the meetings or degrees, most are happy to let youin show you around and tell you about it.

I have seen quite a few lodges that if you go in and meet with them they will back your petition. I have also seen one lodge where the current master didn't seem to open to the idea. I have also heard masters tell me they are not to anxious for younger members as which I agree that some just don't have the mind set for it. Than I have heard numerous stories of people just joining to network which I disagree with to a point. I think yes in a brotherhood you should turn to a brother when in need of something as you would do with your own family, however I don't agree with joining for that sole reason.

I would also like to state my complaint that I have seen older members feel threatned by younger members that want to come in a change things up. I think that most lodges I have seen need a remodel. The true attraction of Masonry to most people have been badly damaged by many lodges.

On many Masonic message boards I have seen this posted many times when this subject comes up.
www.vitruvian.org...
www.vitruvian.org...

I think anyone who is gonna join sould take their time and feel out multiple lodges. Ask the master out right to about such things.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Freemasonry isn't needed now at the low levels since it has served its purpose according to the master plan.

All the same the inability to get one straight answer for even the simplest question or proven accusation put to these guys makes you wonder if even snake oil salesmen would join their ranks?

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
All the same the inability to get one straight answer for even the simplest question or proven accusation put to these guys makes you wonder if even snake oil salesmen would join their ranks?

Stuff and nonsense! Start at the beginning of this forum and read each and every post about Freemasonry and keep a tally of how many straight answers have been given by Masons and non-Masons alike.

By the by, what indeed is a "proven accusation?"

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Each person interprets it different and it should be that way.
Someone who experiences something of lesser extreme will tell you on his experience and it most likely will be true. Since it is that person's experience. You must remember it is interpreted different by everyone. I guess it comes down to the age old arguement of is there a few who have had a deeper interpretation and larger understanding of it. I think yes but this applies to everything however.

Can a person make a claim without experiencing it?

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Freemasonry isn't needed now at the low levels since it has served its purpose according to the master plan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join