It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's face it, it's WWIII, Gingrich says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
archives.seattletimes.nwsourc... e.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?slug=postman16m&date=20060716

Former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich says America is in World War III and President Bush should say so.

Gingrich said in an interview Saturday that Bush should call a joint session of Congress the first week of September and talk about global military conflicts in much starker terms than have been heard from the president.

"We need to have the militancy that says 'We're not going to lose a city, " Gingrich said.

Gingrich said in the coming days he plans to speak out publicly and to the administration from his seat on the Defense Policy Board about the need to recognize that America is in World War III.

"We worked hard for it. We deserve it. And we're damned well gonna enjoy it!"
/ sarcasm

So here we are to be officially WWIII. Is it up to us to call it? Who would normally call this statement?

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
OMG!! I'm about to agree with a Newt Gingrich statement! I NEVER thought
I'd agree with that Pillsbury Doughboy. (I'm referring to both his body AND
his mind!)

Yes ... I this is a real war. Yes ... considering all the players and all the
behind the scenes politics I do believe this very well could be 'the big one'.

Actually, I think we entered WWIII on 9/11 and what is going on in
Lebanon and Israel is another battle in WWIII.

The sad thing here is that Lebanon just shook off the yoke of Syria and it was
on it's way to being a really free country. They 'just' had to ditch Hezbollah.
Did you hear Iran?? They said a few hours ago that they would NEVER disarm
Hezbollah and they'd never back down. (TV NEWS). That's more proof of
other big players (Iran, Syria) involved.

My God .. why the heck is Syria on the UN security council and WHY is it
(or was it) on the Human Rights Commission??
That's screwed up!!

Anyways dg .. yes I do believe we are already in WWIII and this is yet another
battle in it.

Edited to add - BTW .. your mood is 'shoe has dropped' ... I might change
mine from whaaaaaaaatever to 'the balloon has gone up'. Don't worry about
it though. There is absolutely nothing you can do about it except join a survival
group and pray like heck!

[edit on 7/16/2006 by FlyersFan]

df1

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Who is the official World War counter?

A variety of media personalities that call themselves conservative have different numbers. They have no consensus as to which world war we are on III, IV or V, but they are all pretty sure we are now in a world war. Those that think we are beyond ww III consider the "cold war" to have been a victorious world war III.

Imho they are all exagerating the current world situation for political purposes.

[edit on 16-7-2006 by df1]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It may be called a world war, but i can count on it that when i ask some random guy on the street if he finds it a world war, the answer will be no. Why? Simply because the general public has the impression that a world war is enormous and includes alot of countries fighting with eachother with a solid and clear start. Then all alarms start blazing, panic breaks out and nobody has prepared themselves.

Note - I dont know that for sure, its a guess and i'm pretty sure of it.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1
Who is the official World War counter?

World War V?

well, can i ask what happened in III and IV then?

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I agree that humanity is once again on the brink of a global challenge...and in many regions...

1) This is the beginning of the end for the Mideast as Iran is forcing the issue with regional terror/dominance/nuclear aspirations. Israel will probably be attacked with WMD's soon and after that happens then the world will have no doubt...

2) North Korea will continue to work on their "Donger" missiles, eventually get it right, and at that point have a functional nuclear ICBM that can threaten a substantial portion of the world...

3) China is determined to acquire Taiwan and we (the U.S.) have made them a VERY wealthy country (or rather government) which they're using to build up and modernize their military + they have nukes...

4) Indian and Pakistani hatred/distrust/violence is reaching new heights and they've both got nukes...

5) The U.S. itself will face economic, social, and political challenges as Iraq continues to hemorrhage the country and divide the population with no viable solution available (we can stay the 'crash course' and crash our economy a la former Soviet Union, or 'cut and run' and allow Iran#2 to emerge - either way it spells disaster).

On a lighter and more optimistic note, i've got my supplies, food, water, generator, and defense all pretty much prepared and recently won a crapload of stuff on ebay dirt cheap!

The bottom line is: Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The current situation in the world scares the pants off me for sure! Although it does seem that someone is going to a helluva lot of trouble to have a war in the middle east. I'm sure that its a case of sooner rather than later that we'll see another world war, sad but true.

But wouldn't a massive war in the middle east cause problems with the wests oil supply? Could the Russian fields cope with a sudden influx of demand? The one thought I had today was surely no one is stupid enough to drop a nuke on the middle eastern oil fields???? Oil fields + Thermoneuclar explosion = BIG problems!

Wayne...

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
War? What war?

Is there any war between countries from all or almost all of the continents?

Are you talking about the war against terrorism?

In that case is only a world war in the same way as the war against hunger or the war against malaria.

To me, this is not a war. In which case can we say that we (the non terrorists) have won or that we have lost?

If we win, will it be because someone (Bin Laden?) was captured, killed or has surrendered? And all the others who are not under the command of that person?

Can we say that we have defeated them if they are still active?

For me, the best word may be "struggle", but I do even speak English good enough to understand some of the posts.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Its actually "many conflicts around the world part 1"

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:36 AM
link   

World War 3 Timeline
These are, I believe, the elements of the planned Third World War:

Prelude - The events leading up to the start of World War Three, including Sept 11, 2001.
Act 1 - The Middle East. Widespread conflict to bring the entire region into the flames of war, possibly triggered by Iran or militants in Pakistan using North Korean supplied nuclear arms. The first Scene in this Act is the US Invasion of Iraq on March 20, 2003.
Act 2 - Israel at War -- Against her Arab neighbors, possibly Palestine. A Palestinian State will be established, so that all Israelis will be fully separated from Palestinians (listen out for mention of a 7-year treaty to be confirmed by a World Leader - probably Bush), only for Israel to viciously attack Palestine shortly thereafter.
Act 3 - Far East -- "Hair-raising nuclear confrontation that threatens mankind's existence" - Peter Lemesurier, author of The Armageddon Script, p. 223, written in 1981. Includes China invading Taiwan and a nuclear eruption on the Korean Peninsula.
Act 4 - Erosion of Confidence in 'The System' so severe citizens will be panicked into giving up liberties and Constitutional form of government. The plan calls for the dissolution of the US Constitution, triggered by a significant enough 'terrorist' attack. The ultimate intent is to introduce a global government and one-world religion.
Act 5 - The collapse of the US, and other Western economies and morals.

Act 6 - Significant population reduction using natural and man-made disasters.
Curtain. Who can tell how this war will end?

What constitutes a 'world war'? How many countries need to be involved? And who decides at which point a number of regional skirmishes can be grouped together and called a World War? At the time, who called the official start of World War 1 and World War 2?

And have you noticed that although the term 'World War Three' is freely used in the alternative press and on the Internet, all the major news networks have stoically avoided using any phrase reminiscent of World War.

Since it's difficult to find a definition for an event which has only happened twice in modern history, here's my attempt at an answer to the question 'what constitutes a world war'?

A World War is a military conflict spanning more than 2 continents, in which at least 20 major countries participate in an attack against a common enemy, and which has the attention of the man-in-the-street due to the significant loss of life.

threeworldwars.com...

This is this websites take on it, anyway.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I don't think a world war will happen extremely soon as many of you think. Economies are very intertwined. About China invading Taiwan (darn it I wish one of our stupid presidents did not make a treaty with them
), that may be a possibility. But I don't know if it would mean world war. Also Japan is rearming now, which is horrifying to China. So the powers in the pacific may rebalance itself.

Russia...I think Putin right now is grabbing for any allies. NATO is "converting" a lot of people and there are countries to be candidates for the EU, so China and some other countries seem to be the only allies at the moment. Unfortunately the US and Russia cannot be in the same relationship that the US and UK & Canada has, that would be great.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a world war, but not like tomorrow. If Israel attacks Syria, there will be problems. If Iran has a nuclear bomb, I wouldn't put it past them using it. I just don't know though. The world is in a precarious position but not world war 3.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Didn't Gingrich pop his rising balloon some years ago by suggesting giving laptops to help solve child homelessness?

WWIII or WWI continued? Wait for the declaration.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Actually I believe this would be considered WWIV. The cold war is considered WWIII.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Actually I believe this would be considered WWIV. The cold war is considered WWIII.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
My god people... WAKE THE HELL UP!

WHO CARES what the label of this latest holocaust will be?

3 or 4? Smarten up! IT DOESN'T MATTER! What matters is that this statement by Newt is a perfect example of "frog on slow boil". What TPTB are doing right now as we speak are moving us all towards...

"A large scale conflict or conflicts which may be related to each other resulting in the commitment of a large portion of the earth to a battlefield"

A World War

They've slowly gotten us use to the idea of civilians being killed indiscriminately over the last 6 years or so. And for the most part most of the world that had the ability to do something about it DID NOT do anything about the killing of civilians. Sure, there were the protests but those have now ended because its pretty much become illegal in these countries that could have done something about the killing of civilians to protest such things. They've also gotten us use to the idea that speaking out against the government is "against some law" and in some cases some people have already been arrested over this matter.

AND THAT is what YOU and your friends and families should be concerned about. Because for the most part MOST OF US ARE CIVILIANS. And if you remember the last two wars (or at least if you have learned anything about them at all) the numbers of CIVILIANS that were killed compared to the number of SOLDIERS (the ONLY people who are SUPPOSE to die in "war") is astronomically different. AND in fact, if you study the conflicts since the beginning of the last century you'll see that as we move through that century and in to this one its perfectly clear that each time the war machine was started up in some area far more civilians are killed each time. For example, far more civilians died in WW2 then in WW1 and more civilians died in Vietnam then did in Korea.

Do you know how many civilians were killed in Iraq last month?
It was almost 100 per day on average.

What do you think the people of Iran and Syria (apparently Turkey and perhaps even Jordan and Egypt at this point) are thinking to themselves about this fact? If you were living over there what would you be doing right now? Think seriously about that. And if you were IN the militaries of those countries or a GENERAL (with family of course) in one of those countries what would you be thinking about the fact that "in the know" high ranking US politicians (they "see" these people as figure heads for our nations) saying "This is the start of the next large scale massacrer of human beings and we better get use to the idea that this terrible thing we have all been dreading for 50 years - a shooting war between many nations over the worlds resources - is about to happen. And this one little country in particular, one hated very much by almost all of its neighbors is going to be the one that starts it, perhaps already has." .... WHAT do you think the men and women in the countries that are being listed as possible targets are thinking when they hear about the death tolls of the wars that have already happened in the countries already invaded over the last 6 years? AND, if the USA gets involved in a "world war" over in the M.E. what makes you think that the USA itself at that point isn't a valid target?

I wonder what westerners who bought in to the WoT and thought that the US military "kicking Iraqi @$$" was "cool" will think when perhaps 100 people a day start dying in their home towns and DO NOT think it can't happen.

Example:
A small team of snipers in each state. 5 teams per state. 2 men teams a spotter/driver and shooter. Remember the carnage of the beltway snipers? Imagine 5 attacks per day in each state.

WW3? WW4? What it IS.. IS a war for the wealthy elite in which MANY MILLIONS of INNOCENT PEOPLE are going to die and scores more harmed, families either ripped apart or destroyed completely and NO ONE will be "safe" anywhere.

-VMX

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Dgtempe...
as we both know, this is what THEY make of it...

if treated as individual skirmishes, then that is all they will be...
if a "WORLD WAR 3" designation is given, then it can hardly help calm things down...

The neocons have been thumping that drum for far too long, and too much money is to be made on war... so of course they would promote it...

my hope is that the administration is turned over before we get to that...
The latest little add on to this war is the ethiopia somalia skirmish...
we just couldn't allow a taliban type government to clean up somalia... they are too hard to bribe... much easier with the murderous warlords, so what do we do?
we get the murderous warlords from ethiopia to attack them for us... to help install the UN chosen leadership for Somalia...

just goes to show, that certain elements want war... lots and lots of war...
good for the pocketbook...

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Well, what we are seeing now is the middle of the beginning of the next great world war. 9/11 was the beginning. The next major step twards a global conflict such as ww1 and ww2, is another sucker punch against the US. This probibly wont happen until after Israel goes head to head with Syria and Iran, once that starts up, I can almost guarentee the US will get sucker punched again in a major way. We are percieved as Israels parents by the rest of the world. We supplied them with all the tech and backing of funding and nursed them along. Part of the reason why Israel is so bold is because the US has troops and armor in the area. We are like a shield to them. Yeah, this is world war 3. My guess is that the next move will be an attack on Syria by Israel. First Israel has to wipe out hesbola bfore they can get to Syria and then from Syria to Iran. Israel would like nothing more than to put Syria and Iran out of commision. Especially Iran because it is becoming nuclear capible and threatens to this day to wipe Israel off the map.
The question is, will Syria and Iran strike first to pre-empt Israel? No doubt both Syria and Iran will allie with each other in either case. The two countries can and will push back at Israel, and probibly will march right through Lebbonon. What will the US do? good question! This is where the sucker punch comes in. Terrorist groups such as Al quada would love nothing more than to see the US and Israel at war with the rest of the middle east. This is where it becomes a world war. A terrorist attack on US soil again by an extrieme muslim radical group will be the final push that dives america into a global conflict between, the US,allies in Europe, and Asia. A lot of countries will take advantage of the chaos and do the things they have not been able to do yet because of US interfierence. North Korea will attack the south, China will go after Tiwan. Putting a bigger wider conflict on the chessboard of the world, we will be at war with half of the world against the other half. This world war will be different than world wars in the past because the stakes are now as high as they can get. Its now a war for resources on the wests side, and a war for ground on the easts. Its a scary thing, with no seeming winner at all.

Just my own thoughts, and I could care less about my spelliung...I am in a hurry! Peace out!

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
You have voted dgtempe for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Not just this post but your collective work in this forum. (event though I disagree with alot of your thoughts)

[edit on 19-7-2006 by ConstantlyWondering]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich says America is in World War III and President Bush should say so.

Gingrich said in the coming days he plans to speak out publicly and to the administration from his seat on the Defense Policy Board about the need to recognize that America is in World War III.

Normally I wouldn't give a poppin' fresh to what ol' Newt called a stool, but...

I was flipping the channels late last Monday (July 17, 2006) and happened upon "Charlie Rose". He was interviewing the Isreali ambassador (current? Former?) to the U.S. .

The show's website does not list the transcripts for that evenings broadcast yet, so I can't verify this, but I am almost certain that the ambassador also referred to the present conflict as "the initial stages of WWIII"!

Now, it was late and I wasn't paying as much attention as I probably should have been, and as I said, I have not yet been able to confirm what I thought I heard; but if I can (or if anyone else can, for that matter) I will find this a most disturbing perception by people alot! closer to those in the know than most of us could ever hope to be!

new topics

top topics

join