It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osprey V22's Over London

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
My first post, although I'm a regular visitor. It's a glorious evening here in London and are having supper in the garden. There was then an unusual aircraft noise that built up to a crescendo. We looked up expecting a Chinook (we do get them over-flying occasionally) but no, we saw two V22 Ospreys in close formation banking hard and heading north to central London. An amazing sight.
Are they here for the Farborough Airshow? This took place at approx. 19:05 GMT.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fang
My first post, although I'm a regular visitor. It's a glorious evening here in London and are having supper in the garden. There was then an unusual aircraft noise that built up to a crescendo. We looked up expecting a Chinook (we do get them over-flying occasionally) but no, we saw two V22 Ospreys in close formation banking hard and heading north to central London. An amazing sight.
Are they here for the Farborough Airshow? This took place at approx. 19:05 GMT.

The Two MV-22's at Farnborough and at the RIAT at RAF FAIRFORD Airshow over the weekend

Picture taken at the RIAT on Saturday.

members.co.uk/images/IMG_3267_small.JPG]MV-22 AT RIAT[/url]

[edit on 16-7-2006 by ajsr71]

[edit on 16-7-2006 by ajsr71]mv-22

[edit on 16-7-2006 by ajsr71]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Thanks for that. I was going to add that we hadn't opened the wine before we saw them. So they are in service in significant numbers?

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Some information here about production and delivery dates of the MV-22 and later USAF models.

External Link

jra

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Some photos of the MV-22's from the Farborough Airshow have been uploaded to airliners.net. Some really nice shots too. www.airliners.net...

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Yep, saw them too!

Did they fly over twice? There was something making a similar noise (very loud helicopter?) about 20 mins before I saw them.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Yep. They were circling. I heard them first some 10 to 15 mins before they came over the area again (I live in South London). The biggest suprise was that they sound like helicopters! The wife saw what she thought were two ordinary aircraft and said "That dosen't sound right" The other suprising thing was the altitude, significantly lower than The Mets helicopters. I've got to say they looked really impressive.

new topics

top topics

join