It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G-8 Unanimous about cease-fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
World public opinion slowly changing....there will be lots pressure mounting on Israel soon. Justannounced on Fox News at 2:00 Easter US time that the G-8 leaders just released a statement demanding a cease fire.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Yeah, whatever...

Fact is nothing is going to happen to Israel to curb its current war against Lebanon nor anyone else unless the U.S. privately demands them to do so, and at the present time it seems we're quite flat-footed.

I really don't know exactly where this is heading...

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I would be very surprised if they managed to get them to have a cease fire.

US at the moment is not trying to stop them, draw your own conclusions on that one.
Israel has never listened to anyone, they will stop when they are ready.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The only voice that Israel will listen to anyways will be from the US not any other country.

Bush has repeated that Israel has every right to defend themselves.

And again Tony blair has went further by accusing Iran and Syria of aiding hezbulla.

The french however were defending Lebanon.

I am just glad at least they all agreed to a joint statement.

US President George W Bush insisted Israel was defending itself against terror and that Hezbollah was the root of the crisis.

But French President Jacques Chirac spoke out in defence of Lebanon.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Israel does have every right to defend themselves. Who cares about the hypocritical "rhetoric" coming out of the G-8 Summit. Why not trying to condemn Hezbollah or Hamas or Iran or Syria. This is simply rhetoric some of these world leaders ( ie Chirac and Putin ) talk to hear themselves talk. I feel like anyone else would do or has done the samething that Israel is doing if they were put in Israels position.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I really don't know exactly where this is heading...

Its like kicking your ball over the fence.

The french however were defending Lebanon.

Lebanon gained its independence from France.
France was the league of nations mandate for Lebanon and Syria.

[edit on 16-7-2006 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Current news seem to be indicating that there was no unanimous call for ceasefire.

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AnsHpkv49pzbQvOxaeR1Dln.ucsA;_ylu=X3o'___'BiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

As expect the US is the one holding the ceasefire resolution back. And then everyone asks why the Middle East accusses us of supporting Israel. US has every right to support whoever it wishes to- yes. But don't be surprised if you make a ton of enemies simply because of who you are supporting. Israel is the new "51st state" I guess.

top topics

join