It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus portrayed as caucasian?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
The real crux, and ridiculous nature of this argument, rests on Colonels assertion that "white" Christians won't be accepted when jesus comes back. This is hilarious. I am not a Christian, BUT THERE IS NO SOLID PROOF THAT JESUS WAS BLACK. GET OVER IT. BOTH of you are so obsessed with color that it seems to be blurring your arguments. LOL, Colonel comparing himself to a biblical figure. All of the evidence that both of you have presented is obsolete due to the fact that there is, realistically, no records, paintings, or solid literal evidence pointing out he was black. More than likely he was middle-eastern. You guys really need to get a life.

GG is a racist.

!) I never said this: "The real crux, and ridiculous nature of this argument, rests on Colonels assertion that "white" Christians won't be accepted when jesus comes back."

2) This is a joke: Colonel comparing himself to a biblical figure.

3) The only true assertion he has made on himself is that: [He is] not a Christian

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
colonel from what i can tell you are also a racist anyone who looks around the forums can probably see that and for further reference if you really want to convince somebody on here of something i wouldnt be spouting dogma or anything from the bible as your evidence .2

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Watch out with calling people racist all the time. Both of you...

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This coming from a guy that doesn't believe in God, ok. Furthermore, just because I bring up RACE doesn't make me a racist. Just because I point out the racism in the republican party doesn't make me a racist.

You all just like to hide the truth.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Watch out with calling people racist all the time. Both of you...

I didn't know you were a mod. Oh, well, got another one on my back.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well, I don't think it really matters, but....

Jesus was not a white caucasian. Neither was he an black African.

Jesus was a descendant of semitic people, and therefor a Semite. His racial lineage would probably closely resemble what we see today in the current Palestinian people.

And although Jews are a semitic people, their forced wanderings have slightly altered their true semitic genetic make-up, having mixed with caucasians and others.

Jesus was most often portrayed as a white caucasian with a long european face because, for the most part, those were the people who worshipped him in those olden times. I think much of the ancient art we see depicting Jesus can be traced to the Shroud of Turin, because for centuries most Christians believed that the image on the shroud accurately depicted the visage of Christ. Then the tradition just kept perpetuating itself.

The reality is that Jesus was never physically described in the Bible, nor was he attributed with any distinguishing features like "flaming red hair" or "tall as a cedar tree". Jesus was probably, in the physical sence, just another average Joe Schmoe semite. Which I find kinda humorous actually. It really tickles my ribs that the Son of God could have looked nothing like Max Von Sydow (from the Movie "The Greatest Story Ever Told") and alot more like Corporal Klinger from M*A*S*H.

Anyway, who really cares? Its not whats on the outside that counts, especially in His case.......

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Yeah, when a mod doesn't agree with you, he's on your back. I knew ATS had some insanely paranoid members.

Watch it boy!!!
It's the black caribbean mod on your back!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
hehe.... tell him steve-dave!

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Yeah, when a mod doesn't agree with you, he's on your back. I knew ATS had some insanely paranoid members.

Watch it boy!!!
It's the black caribbean mod on your back!!!

YOu're from the Caribbean????? Oh, God, it just gets worse. I got one of my own on my back. (Yeah, I'm form the West Indies too)

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
Well, I don't think it really matters, but....

Jesus was not a white caucasian. Neither was he an black African.

Jesus was a descendant of semitic people, and therefor a Semite. His racial lineage would probably closely resemble what we see today in the current Palestinian people.

And although Jews are a semitic people, their forced wanderings have slightly altered their true semitic genetic make-up, having mixed with caucasians and others.

Jesus was most often portrayed as a white caucasian with a long european face because, for the most part, those were the people who worshipped him in those olden times. I think much of the ancient art we see depicting Jesus can be traced to the Shroud of Turin, because for centuries most Christians believed that the image on the shroud accurately depicted the visage of Christ. Then the tradition just kept perpetuating itself.

The reality is that Jesus was never physically described in the Bible, nor was he attributed with any distinguishing features like "flaming red hair" or "tall as a cedar tree". Jesus was probably, in the physical sence, just another average Joe Schmoe semite. Which I find kinda humorous actually. It really tickles my ribs that the Son of God could have looked nothing like Max Von Sydow (from the Movie "The Greatest Story Ever Told") and alot more like Corporal Klinger from M*A*S*H.

Anyway, who really cares? Its not whats on the outside that counts, especially in His case.......

I always like it when people make erudite speeches as they MAKE STUFF UP.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
im not sure the shroud of turin had too much to do with the current image of jesus there is incredibly strong evidence today that the image on the shroud is that of jacque molay the last grand master of the knights templar however he and all the knights templar wore the beard and hairstyle that was most common in jesus' time and region either way the shroud has been dated several times to 1200AD

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

YOu're from the Caribbean????? Oh, God, it just gets worse. I got one of my own on my back. (Yeah, I'm form the West Indies too)

I just hope you realized that I was being sarcastic...

P.s: You really got tunnel vision. First you didn't notice that I was a mod and then you don't see "caribbean badda$$"...

And you expect people to take you seriously???

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
But anyway, back to the topic. Jesus probably had black blood in him. One reason is because Solomon's first wife was black. But then again I've seen black skinned middle eastern people, black hindu's, aboriginals etc...

But I think Jesus was a brown or dark brown arab.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I just hope you realized that I was being sarcastic...

P.s: You really got tunnel vision. First you didn't notice that I was a mod and then you don't see "caribbean badda$$"...

And you expect people to take you seriously???

You act like I REALLY pay attention to what you peeple say??? Don't flatter yourself.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   

You act like I REALLY pay attention to what you peeple say??? Don't flatter yourself.

If you don't reeeeeelly pay attention to what us peeeeple say, then why come rant here on ATS???

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Colonel said:
"I'M TRYING TO DENY IGNORANCE"

Dude.....try harder because you haven't provided one piece of scripture supporting the fact that Jesus's color would matter, while he was here and when he comes, as you say...........
Keep denying but ignorance is not what is being denied.....its the absolute message concerning the message given by Jesus and the example he left for those who follow him (in other words, the truth).....be assurd, by ignorance, it was not ever an issue of color with him.....so your agenda is what?

regards
seekerof

I have told you time and time again why it matters but you refuse to acknowledge.

1) When Jesus comes back, you will not know him because you have been praying to a false christ.

2) When Jesus comes back, he will not know you because you have been praying to a false christ.

3) It is blasphemous to subsitute the real Son of God for a mortal image of man...then worship it.

[Edited on 27-10-2003 by Colonel]

So, you're basically stating that unless you pray to a jesus of a certain color, you won't be accepted by Christ? You're losing it.

[Edited on 28-10-2003 by goregrinder]

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Wait GG, you're telling people who believe in an all powerful invisable person that live in the clouds that they are whack for worrying about what skin color a magician had? Sorry to tell you GG, but those people are already whack.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   
it matters.
it'll always matter....and you know why? probably because racism is in every1's blood...
so quit denying what's been written into you thru generations for the past 2003 years and start coping with it, this goes out to lesser,bandit, and ne1 else going about like it doesnt matter what color jesus was..
you've driven us up the wall with grief at your lack of understanding

i hope this thought eats out ur conscience about this matter...coz guess what, nothing's ever changing, we're all stuck with an ethnic separation for life.
ps: im white, by the way, a realistic one more like... dont get me wrong, this matter concerns jesus alone, and that's IT, hoping this deters u from asking the question itching at ur brain now which my prediction indicates it to be: am i a racist?

[Edited on 28-10-2003 by Cyrus]

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Race issues aren't in everyones blood, it they're in society's blood. And it still doesn't matter what color Jesus was. He could be neon purple for my part.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
no rascism in my blood I will gladly hook up with hot girls of any and all cultures.

Damn this thread getting long, I might have to go reread all the posts including mine lol

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join