It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus portrayed as caucasian?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   
exactly, what does it matter what color jesus was?

I doubt he was the white skinned, blue eyed, red haired guy in all the paintings.

In all honestly I dun care if he was neon pink.

it's his teachings that matter, and the golden rule.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   
and i guess lying is against the bible then...
please, people rebel if they're told jesus was black, other religions benefit from this....
people need religion, my point was to indicate the need for something a person can confide in.
or else what kind of life would it be if we didn't have some other realm to believe in? a paradisio to revert to at times of crisis...
yes, a lie...i cannot misconstrue evidence presented by the bible.
it is a work of exemplary art(the original i mean), obliterate religion and what do you have left?

[Edited on 27-10-2003 by Cyrus]

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   
colonel,

i'm not rebelling, just pointing out the possibilities. i don't really care if he was white, black, or whatever (i actually dont doubt he was black either). all i know is that he had some revolutionary ideas that got himself killed. and i can respect him for those ideas, that is considering he was real. whether or not the story about him was told correctly or not, it really doesnt matter, to me anyways. it's the message that counts (whatever parts you feel are right). but as i said before, it's up to you to pick the parts that work for you out of those teachings and add them to your own.

as for me, i will point out to god all the things that i dont agree with in that book (most likely because we have corrupted it, ie -> church), and if he still wants to burn non-believers who live good lives with out him, them he can try all he wants. that'll just confirm that god is a prick. but that's just me. peace.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well, if you all don't care what color he was, let's all accept that he was black based upon the writings in the Bible and that his lineage came out of Africa.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Okay he is black. But he is still an alien, and NOT of this earth

you know like a grey, but black, but shapeshifting, or a nordic alien that was black so like a africodic alien yeah.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Okay he is black. But he is still an alien, and NOT of this earth

you know like a grey, but black, but shapeshifting, or a nordic alien that was black so like a africodic alien yeah.

Ummm, no.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Well, if you all don't care what color he was, let's all accept that he was black based upon the writings in the Bible and that his lineage came out of Africa.

i dont think i can do that

for the simple reason that the whole belief in principle was built upon a white dude, this isnt your ordinary differene of oppinion...this could result in an extremestic value leading to
1: a closer relation with christ
2: the total abomination of the bible and a scandal

i dont see any other options for now...
consider the possiblity that: john doe' wont like telling his kids that the man they should worship was a black man, for the ethnic reasons.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
that was meant to get that reaction.

You seem to care more about what he looked like than who he was.

In the Bible he even says I am not of this World.

so everyone else must be open minded but you, so there is absolutely no chance he is alien to this world?

funny.

really.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   
in principle....you should never mess with religion, it'll bite you back in the ass, no matter how strong your case.
i seem to be contraditing myself now(i recall quoting your statement flawless).

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus
i dont think i can do that

for the simple reason that the whole belief in principle was built upon a white dude, this isnt your ordinary differene of oppinion...this could result in an extremestic value leading to
1: a closer relation with christ
2: the total abomination of the bible and a scandal

i dont see any other options for now...
consider the possiblity that: john doe' wont like telling his kids that the man they should worship was a black man, for the ethnic reasons.

At least you're being truthful.

But, I'll hav eyou know this "white dude" was a murderer. So, know who you pray to because it DOES matter.

www.crimelibrary.com...

link   
and another thing....how come jesus never showed up after any of the mentionings in the bible?

link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
that was meant to get that reaction.

You seem to care more about what he looked like than who he was.

In the Bible he even says I am not of this World.

so everyone else must be open minded but you, so there is absolutely no chance he is alien to this world?

funny.

really.

It did get a reaction. I was amused.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   

and another thing....how come jesus never showed up after any of the mentionings in the bible?

Maybe because it isn't the time yet?

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
im surprised at the lack of turning points in the conversation...im sorry, i dont get how jesus was a murderer

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:46 PM
link   
deal!

you must know i just had to challenge those textual quotes though, for funs sake, if anything!

"as it is written, so shall it be done.... let him be black"

...always wanted to say something like that

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Check the link I posted for you.

www.crimelibrary.com...

[Edited on 27-10-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Maybe because it isn't the time yet?

he's missed 1 of his appearances already, the millenium.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   

im surprised at the lack of turning points in the conversation...im sorry, i dont get how jesus was a murderer

Jesus wasn;t a murderer! Cesare Borgias who portrays himself as Jesus was a murderer. Sheesh!

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
good, Colonel it was meant to be funny the whole jesus alien shape shifting part.

So if a Jesus was portrayed as he really was, would this have made the world a lot different? As in help curving some racism.

I always hate those KKK #s who think they are perserving the white race, and blah blah they always mention their lord Jesus and how he is white.

Also, those that are black and say f that, i am not praying to a white god.

Would that all be eliminated if he would've been shown as he was?

I am sure there would be different reasons then as to why, perhaps roles reversed, I duno.

Just something to think about.

Also would Islam and Christianity have better relations?

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
actually i don't think his color would matter all that much considering we are a warlike being.

[Edited on 27-10-2003 by Lysergic]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join