It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus portrayed as caucasian?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   
You probably seen this topic before, so I apologize before hand, and to people I may offend:

I have always wondered, since the bible has no pictures how do we now if he is caucasian? Every picture I have seen of him he is caucasian, except for the black community. Which got me thinking what if neither of them are right, because a majority of people from the middle east are dark complicted(sp?), so most likely so was jesus. So why and how did this accepted image of jesus come about?

[Edited on 27-10-2003 by FreedomFighterChris]

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The causasian dude is Cesare Borgias. Jesus was acutally black.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Please post links to sources if you can.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Revelation 2

18"To the angel of the church in Thyatira write:
These are the words of the Son of God, whose eyes are like blazing fire and whose feet are like burnished bronze.

Revelation 1
13and among the lampstands was someone "like a son of man,"[1] dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. 14His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters.

Only black people have woolly hair and skin the color of bronze.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
The causasian dude is Cesare Borgias. Jesus was acutally black.

Yup!

I was watching the news the other day and they had a huge article on how Jesus was black. I believe it!

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Hey, can you get me the name of the show?

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 05:29 PM
link   
"Only black people have woolly hair and skin the color of bronze. "

Not only black people, I pretty sure I seen some middle eastern guy with the same discription, who could pass as black.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Who cares what color he was. The only thing you/any of us should care about is that he is the ONE AND ONLY Savior.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Where do you think this image of him being caucasian orignated?

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by glan
Who cares what color he was. The only thing you/any of us should care about is that he is the ONE AND ONLY Savior.

oh you know how some people are, its all about skin color, not his teachings that seems to be of importance to them.

i consider it shallow minded thinking. if you are incapable of getting beyond what a persons skin color was and focus on his teachings...get your head examined.

sometimes humans are better off blind...

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 05:36 PM
link   
jesus christ why dont u come save my life now.....

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I have to agree here.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   
calgon take me away....

does it really matter ? Just beleive in him and accept him as your saviour and pray to god that you get into heaven, and can escape this earth.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomFighterChris
Where do you think this image of him being caucasian orignated?

Cesare Borgias was a pope of the Catholic Church.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Revelation 2

18"To the angel of the church in Thyatira write:
These are the words of the Son of God, whose eyes are like blazing fire and whose feet are like burnished bronze.

Revelation 1
13and among the lampstands was someone "like a son of man,"[1] dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. 14His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters.

Only black people have woolly hair and skin the color of bronze.

i have some of my own thoughts on jesus, but just to point out some possibilities. notice in both quotes, it mentions his "feet" were bronze. anyone who walks on there feet in the desert all there life is bound to get some hardcore callus/dirty ass feet. it could just be symbolic to the fact that he travelled a lot. though this doesnt mean he wasnt black though. just thought i'd point that out.

link   

It matters:
Romans 1

21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.
24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.

25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is forever praised. Amen.

link   
Amazing how the sheeple just accepted that was his true image.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by deafence#

i have some of my own thoughts on jesus, but just to point out some possibilities. notice in both quotes, it mentions his "feet" were bronze. anyone who walks on there feet in the desert all there life is bound to get some hardcore callus/dirty ass feet. it could just be symbolic to the fact that he travelled a lot. though this doesnt mean he wasnt black though. just thought i'd point that out.

What about the woolly hair like mine, like my avatar? Your symbolism doesn't seem to work there does it? And if he is to retrn in glory---why would he have dirty feet? That's blasphemous.

And why is it that its ok to have a white guy representing Jesus which is a LIE but not have the black Jesus which is the truth?

[Edited on 27-10-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomFighterChris
Amazing how the sheeple just accepted that was his true image.

If you say it enough and force it enough on people, they will accept it but for those who are open to the truth.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join