Oh, so now PTS is shoved down our throats?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
So I guess the "new posts" button over at PTS wasn't enough? Now "New Posts" at ATS is displaying all of PTS new posts as well?

Boo Boo Boo. My screen looks like one jumbled mess now everytime I hit New Posts on ATS.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Just click the "ATS only"...

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Just click the "ATS only"...

I did.

link   
You can click on the "ATS Only" button.

With events in the Middle East heating up I appreciate the option of viewing both boards including the new "Politics of War" and "Middle East Conflict" forums all at once.

link   
Participation in the threads is at your discretion, and entirely optional.

Go PTS!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

With events in the Middle East heating up I appreciate the option of viewing both boards including the new "Politics of War" and "Middle East Conflict" forums all at once.

My ATS only tab still brings up PTS and ATS mix but I agree the middle east situation makes the PTS/ATS link relevent.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It's current news, get over it and skip the title of the posts U deem 'irrelevant'

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Well I guess they must be working on the changeover, cause for a minute there, I was unable to escape PTS.

Majic must be working his magic.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Majic must be working his magic.

Yeah, he might be trying to increase the page views.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
So now "ATS Only" in one click further away, so what? It's very easy to make bookmarks. In your browser, in a toolbar or even on your desktop. If you want all the forums (ATS, BTS & PTS) you can bookmark this one

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Politics In All Things

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
So I guess the "new posts" button over at PTS wasn't enough? Now "New Posts" at ATS is displaying all of PTS new posts as well?

You say this like it's a bad thing. :shk:

Of course, the reason for this change is evil and sinister -- and there's got to be a conspiracy!

Um, no.

Yes, if you want, you can look at this as "PTS shoved down your throat" and a "dirty trick" from that slippery little snake oil salesman Majic.

OR -- and this is the way *I* look at it -- you can see this as an effort to help members get used to the fact that PTS isn't some distant political gulag where threads are sent to die.

I know, I know, you're going to call "spin!", but bear with me if you will.

One-Stop Shop

In the past, when we've moved politically-oriented threads from ATS to PTS, it *has* been a death sentence for them. We have received complaints from members about this for so long it's an institutional joke.

"Oh, you moved my thread to PTS? Why didn't you just do the compassionate thing and trash it?"

The problem has been that most members follow the hot threads, use the "newPosts" feature to do it, and do this on ATS -- which is our flagship website and the hub of our community, as well it should be.

Thus when a a thread was moved to PTS, it "dropped off the radar screen" and died.

No more!

We are now in the process of moving politics off ATS and putting it where it belongs: on PTS.

And we're not kidding around. Many more threads will be moved, and -- if we aren't sensitive to the needs of the members -- there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

So rather than make members feel punished when a thread gets moved, we want them to feel encouraged to continue discussion on PTS with NO stigma and NO negative effects.

We want members to discuss politics -- on PTS -- and we want to stop persecuting people simply because they feel passionate about a political cause.

Personally, I'm surprised we let this go on as long as we did.

PTS is a response to the needs of our members!

Come Together Over Me

I know you're not thrilled about this change, and I understand your irritation more than you may know.

However, this is an important step for both ATS and PTS. Bringing them closer together in this way will make separating politics from conspiracies a less traumatic process, and -- I firmly believe this -- help both ATS and PTS.

That's the pitch I made to the Amigos, and they're giving it a shot. I ask that you give it a shot, too.

Let's try it. If we decide we hate it, we'll switch back.

How will we know? I'll ask you with a poll.

Because lots of member polls are on the PTS agenda.

And after all, board politics are politics too.

[edit on 7/16/2006 by Majic]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I don't mind this as a temporary measure to get people to see what's happening in PTS, but I do think that once that happens, it should be changed back. If a button is going to display ATS and PTS, it should read, "ATS & PTS".

My $.02

Having said that, I'm participating more in PTS than ever, not because I was tricked into it, but because there's so much good stuff happening there right now!

I can't believe some of the intelligent and civil conversations I'm involved in! I had all but given up on having this kind of discussion here but it's working for me!

And I'm not getting paid to say that! I should be, though...

to Majic and whatever forces gave him this job! PTS is no longer the spit bucket to which inappropriate ATS threads are relegated. PTS is coming into its own, and I REALLY like it!

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Fair enough, Majic. My only beef was that it makes concentrating on the ATS stuff a bit more difficult. I'm over it, and will deal with it.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Let's try it. If we decide we hate it, we'll switch back.

I donno man.... All those weird colors. They make new posts look like a candy display at some candy show.

It don't look right. I like the old way better, ya know old habits are hard to break.

I have a question now also, why is it so imperative that we look at PTS anyway. I for one am here because of 9/11. I could give a crap less about the politics involved because they are all set up way before election time anyway. Therefor no matter much much you bitch and complain, its not going to change anything important say like...... A whole new government.

Anyway I don't know it looks odd is what I am saying.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Also, I appologize for the alarmist title of this thread, please change it if you so desire. But that's what it felt like at the moment when I discovered it happening, and with the recent moves to push PTS. Nothing at all against PTS, great place. Just one I happen not to frequent too much.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Executive Summary

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Politics has been hurting discussion on ATS, and a lack of politics has been hurting discussion on PTS.

We're not trying to be sneaky and trick you, but rather trying to raise awareness of the fact that the difference between ATS and PTS isn't all that vast.

On ATS, we discuss conspiracies. On PTS we discuss conspiracies too.

"What?!?" you say, "but ATS is for conspiracies, not PTS!"

Yes, ATS is for conspiracies, as it always has been and ever shall be.

But to expect members of our community to discuss politics without considering the conspiracies that permeate every aspect of them would be, in my opinion anyway, absurd.

What The People Demand

This perception of not being able to discuss conspiracies on PTS is what has been killing it.

As the new PTS Guy, I'm saying that politics and conspiracies are welcome on PTS, because the members have demanded it.

How have you demanded it? By voting with your feet.

People have stayed away from PTS because PTS hasn't been giving them what they want: free reign to discuss all angles of a topic, especially the conspiracy angle.

This has changed. I have heard your demands loud and clear, am tailoring PTS to your tastes, and this is part of doing just that.

PTS: Politics Your Way.

P.S. TA, please don't sweat the title of this thread or feel the need to apologize for anything. It's perfect! Nothing like a nice dramatic title to turn heads.

Hey, we're family. When you don't like something, I want to know. Let there be no bull# between us, friend.

[edit on 7/16/2006 by Majic]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Magic,

You have finally legitimized PTS. You did what couldnt be done for years!!!

You did it, guy!

Thanks to you, PTS is no longer the illegitimate child of ATS.

I love it. And i think WE FINALLY GET IT.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I really appreciate the change myself. I hope that the display stays as it is. I feel good about the changes that are being made regarding PTS.

There is no progress without change.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I actually think its a good idea. PTS lacks exposure and sometimes attempting to create a solid thread in the area is a shot in the dark. Is this alittle bit of over exposure, maybe but its good to get the word out.

We have the option to view ATS only so I really don't see how we have room to complain. Clicking an extra button is not too much to ask.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

I agree with this. I must admit I was finding it difficult jumping between the two, however easy that may sound.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join