It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pieces of history

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
i mentioned recently in another thread about the pre-google dejanews which was incorporated into google groups when they bought them out. google kept the entire posting history and ive been spending today browsing through it.

theres a well known saying that those who forget history are condemmed to repeat it. i think we forget (or ignore) our past history sometimes and i want to make this thread about interesting posts found on google groups PRIOR to sep 11th. it doesnt necessarily mean the post has to be about 911, but just for starters, i thought some people may be interested in some that i found so far....

bin laden plane plot to assasinate bush

cnn interview with bin laden transcript

Jesus Christ was born on September 11

sep 11th - new york - terror from the sky

sep 11th - the rapture

US Congress Subpoena Orders Ashcroft to Release...

sep 11th 1973 chile coup attempt

theres many years worth of fascinating info there which you really should take some time out to delve into

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
is there any other stuff, talking about future dates from now lik august 2006 etc.
in the ones youve shown, it seems to be predicitons everyday lol, "sumthing will happen from today to 2010"

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokojoko12345
is there any other stuff, talking about future dates from now lik august 2006 etc.
in the ones youve shown, it seems to be predicitons everyday lol, "sumthing will happen from today to 2010"

ummm, im sure there are many predicted dates to be found but there is 25 years worth of postings which will take some time to wade through.

only 2 of those links related to predictions btw. the rest, as they say, is history

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Anecdote:

On March 1, 2001, USA Today ran a headline story on bin Laden. At the time my then 14-yo son was doing a high school project which entailed a written report on what their chosen career path would be. He chose to pursue bin Laden for the $5 million FBI reward money. (I told him then, make room in his budget to hire helicopters--Blackwater on a shoestring)

He carried that headline story folded up in his pocket (like boys do) for two weeks. I still have it to this day, still folded.

This was done six months BEFORE 9/11.

Today he has history/poli-sci as dual majors and will be a college junior this fall. Learning history could be a help, eh? (It was GWB's major too)

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by psyopswatcher
Today he has history/poli-sci as dual majors and will be a college junior this fall.
Learning history could be a help, eh? (It was GWB's major too)

its nice to know that some youngsters are actually still interested in history & politics, and more so in times when it is most needed. well done to him

as for gwb & history, i think the saying 'he who controls the present controls the past' is just as appropriate as history repeating itself

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
heres an eerie post from 1999. someone's inspiration?...
columbine killers other plans

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a 'what if' from april 2000...

wtc ... what if

top topics

join