It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Lobster Real or Photochopped?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Nah it can't be real. I doubt mother nature would have such a clean division of the sides.

?
It makes an equally clear division between the segements of the body. There are genes that control development along multiple body axes. The above pic looks improbable, but not immpossible.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me how few people take the time to read the whole thread, even with a mod refering back to a post proving the reality

They are real, had one for dinner last month

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
i thought they are only red when you boil them.....

maybe someone stuck it halfway into boiling water???

kinda seems photoshopped to me though, the line is too straight where the 2 colors meet, i would ecpect it to be more wavy.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by blackhumvee113]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The news story about the lobster caught in Maine is 100% true. (I live just a few miles from Dyer's Bay, where it was caught and it was in the newspaper and on the local TV news.) Being wife of a lobsterman and working as his 'sternman' (fancy term for packing bait into mesh bags), I've seen a good share of strange looking lobsters. Never caught a blue one or a half-n-half colored one like in the article, but I do recall us catching one that was quite yellow, and another that had what looked like white freckles (and no, those weren't barnicles, heh heh).

No matter the color when they're alive, they all cook up reddish orange.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It looks like a brother to the one from a year has been found. Looks like mother nature does make a straight line.

Video

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Good job Rhain.
Found a video that's a little harder to fake, than a still photo.
Unless, that is, they used a little lobster makeup..LOL

That video also made me a little hungry..All I have is frozen shrimp..close enough I guess.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
That lobster is real. I saw it in person at the Terra Nova Marine Center. Cool.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadMachinist
it is real lobsters have red,yellow and blue pigment in them and lobsters develop each side individualy in the case of this lobster it only developed red and yellow pigment on the left side that is why it doesnt look greenish on both sides, it is also very rare to find an all blue lobster.
kinda funny though the lobster looks half baked ( or half boiled lol ).

I grew up in the summers working at The Lobster Pound at Perkins Cove in Ogunquit, Maine in my teen and college years and you are absolutely correct in what you are saying here MadMachinist!

[edit on 30-6-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
look! it happened again!
beta.news.yahoo.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join