It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Lobster Real or Photochopped?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

he photoshopped that picture.

Zap must be a little slow today.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Can you post a picture of said baby?

I have a hard time believing a baby was born half black and half white.

Well I've been looking for about half a hour now and unfortunately can't find it. (maybe it was on T.V?) But I can assure you that this baby was half black/white except it was only the torso and its head/face was black. The line was perfectly straight and one side was a boy the other a girl. This baby was African American however just without pigment on one side.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I've found it! it's here.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I would like to assure myself and see some proof.

Its not on the babys face nor is it even the whole body, its not White and black... Its black and lighter black.

[edit on 16-7-2006 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
I've found it! it's here.

It's here ^ SpittinCobra if you missed it.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I would like to assure myself and see some proof.

Its not on the babys face, its not White and black... Its black and lighter black.

Well maybe not white/black but it doesn't matter as that lobster olooks (to me) as if it has has the same pigmentation thing maybe it's a hermaphrodite too?

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
it is realy funny to see some of you post saying it is impossible for this to happen straight down the middle a lobster develops itself seperately from one side to the other. The lobsters color is made up of 3 pigments red,blue, and yellow in the case of this lobster it didnt produce any blue pigment on that side so there for it isnt green in color.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Just for the record, I never doubted the original picture here was authentic. Just weird.

Forgive my photoshopping humor.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
Just for the record, I never doubted the original picture here was authentic. Just weird.

Forgive my photoshopping humor.

I Though your efforts were rather well done and it made my point how easy it could be done. Had Zap not posted This
I still would be, but I highly doubt the state of Maine goes around photochopping for fun.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots

I Though your efforts were rather well done and it made my point how easy it could be done. Had Zap not posted This

Agree on all points.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Strange with the straight line down the middle sometimes natures just wierd.
I caught a yabbie (Aussie freshwater lobster thing) once that was bright white with
Bright blue and green fur and pink eyes that was wierd, but it still tasted the same

ive got the claw around here somewhere but its orange now

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I am going to side with the cited story on this matter; I think it is real. Funky genetics have been seen in other facets of the natural world, this is another example.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
That's some pretty crazy stuff right there, I don't know If I'd eat that lobster....

Could be painted also, but I highly doubt it....

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
I still would be, but I highly doubt the state of Maine goes around photochopping for fun.

It took about 15 minutes. I could have done it better, regarding the shadows, if I took my time on it.

As far as the state of Maine photoshopping, why not? The Federal Government does it all the time.

And I still believe in the authenticity of the original picture.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Of course we Mainers photoshop everything. Look on a map of the United States. We're in the Northeast, right? Wrong, we're actually located in the Bay of Bengal. Our famous Moose, Loons, and Lobsters? that's right. Dogs, Chickens, and clams, respectively. It's all about the lighting.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I say its possible.

Ive seen on the discovery channel or something... This lady had a daughter and she was half black and half white. Left side one color and the other side the other color.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGoodDoctorFunk Our famous Moose, Loons, and Lobsters? that's right. Dogs, Chickens, and clams, respectively. It's all about the lighting.

roflmao!

You're a nut, Dr.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mujahid187
I say its possible.

Ive seen on the discovery channel or something... This lady had a daughter and she was half black and half white. Left side one color and the other side the other color.

Refer to Xeros post here in this thread. Maybe the same incident?

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think anyone who still disbelieves that this can not occur naturally in nature should go visit some marine studies websites, as it can, and it does, just extremely rarely.

In case members have skipped over the bulk of this thread to quickly get there "this is impossible" response in, Zaphod58 has provided evidence in his thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
the pic posted hasn't been through photoshop either, unless the comments were edited out
opening the file in notepad usually will contain comments about the program used to make/edit the picture near the top or bottom of the file
there were no such comments in this picture leading me, along with the other posts quoting other sources, to believe it is real

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join