It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your type?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
So I have been single for quite some time now. No complaints on my part, more so questions. This is more of a thread directed towards the male population. However, I would be more than happy to hear a female's opinion.

Firstly, is it too intimidating for a girl to approach a guy? I have done this on a couple occasions and nothing has really come about from it. It is interesting how each individual male has certain preferences (we are all human after all) that differ depending on "characteristics".

Secondly, do blonds really have more fun? I can honestly say that I have been multi-coloured in regards to hair colouring. I have been blond, brunette etc. I myself haven't noticed a huge difference in the dramatics of being a specific colour. Any thoughts?

Thirdly, if you had a choice in choosing three physical/personality attributes which ones would you choose and why? A lot of questions, but my mind is wondering quite extensively. Thank you

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I'm not a guy, but I can give you my answers.

1. I've never approached a guy first. I tend to get intimidated just thinking about it, so it's a good thing my husband approached me or we might not have gotten together to begin with!

2. I've never really noticed having more fun as a blonde either... I've changed my hair color more times than I can count, and the funness level seems to stay pretty even regardless of what color my hair is.

3. Humor, Loyalty, and Great lips, in that order. Why? Because if there's no humor in the relationship, I've found that it doesn't last long. You have to be able to laugh at yourself and the person you're with occasionally. If the person isn't loyal then there's no sense in wasting your time or heart on them. Loyalty is a high-ranking attribute for anyone in my life. Great lips are kissable and I'm a kissy kinda girl. Like to kiss, have to kiss. Teeny-tiny pencil thin lips are so not kissable!

Anyway, there's my answers!

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Well, as far as the intimidation factor, IF the girl who were to approach me was Extremely Gorgeous *supermodel* I would definitely be intimidated. I sweat (from mental stress), just thinking about it. However, if she is attractive to me, it can be a real turn on, once I get over the initial shock. lol

As for blondes, it all depends on the individual person. Hair color may make someone a bit more attractive, but it is the whole person that truly defines someone. I personally like natural redheads better than blondes, btw.

Attributes. Not too fat, not too skinny (no ribs sticking out - ugh) Lets just say proportional to their height, and healthy looking. Large Breasts are no matter to me. So don't get the implants just yet. lol and as Jenna has already suggested, kissable lips!

And as far as accessorizing yourself, i. e., makeup - Lightly is best, if needed, don't overdo the eye makeup. You don't want to look like a racoon after a couple of hours, with your new hunk of a boyfriend. I have a thread regarding Beautiful Women, and Makeup in General ChitChat, for further reference.

Last, but not least, I'm single!

[edit on 7/16/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Personally,
I want a girl with extensions in her hair,
And bamboo earings, at least two pair
A fendi bag and a bad attitude
Is all I need to get me in the mood.
She can walk with a switch and talk with street slang
I love it when a woman is scared to do her thing
Standing at the bus stop sucking on a lollipop
Once she gets pumping its hard to make the hottie stop
She likes to dance to the rap jam
She sweet as brown sugar with the candied yams
Honey coated complexion
Using camay
Lets hear it for the girl shes from around the way.

Everybody!!

I need an around the way girl.
That's the one for me

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
My type of woman.....

Would be the kind that loves me so much that she just gets absorbed into my whole world, my circle of friends and everything I'm into, so that we can lie in my bed nude together for hours and hours and hours, talking and laughing and playing around! ;-)

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It always amazes me that women say they are intimidated by the concept of approaching a man, frankley...Ladies, we really wish you would. It would make things soo much simpler....we spend uncounted hours sitting across from you at bars, restaraunts, church and anyplace else where the two sexes co mingle and we have no clue what to say to you. Some of us tend to do better than others, but that is usually because we take the safe route and simply try to rely on displays of wealth and macho posturing. We hope you will be impressed by our fancey cars or our gold watches but we honestly are hoping that you really like us for who we are, although we never really feel that we are worth your interest.
As for myself, there are moments when I really wish I was dating a supermodel Baywatch babe, but that is probably not likely, and in the rare cases where i have dated women of the sort....it was not all I had hoped. Looks are great for about the first month, but if you are like myself and not just into looks then it's only fun for about a month. I'd love a woman who not only looks great in a bikini but could also kick my butt in chess, or scrabble. A woman who likes to walk in the museum as well as the shopping mall. If she be blonde, or red head, or dark skinned or light really does'nt matter much.
However, like most men the one thing we DO NOT LIKE is a woman sitting on the sofa eating ice cream every time we see her. It is always attractive to a man when a woman cares about her appearance, not just for us..but for herself.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I'm with you, worldtraveler. I have a confession to make and its that I am VERY intimidated about approaching a girl. Its real pathetic, but that's what it is.

I wish for once I'd catch a break and a girl would approach me.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
I'm with you, worldtraveler. I have a confession to make and its that I am VERY intimidated about approaching a girl. Its real pathetic, but that's what it is.

I wish for once I'd catch a break and a girl would approach me.

Hey, it's OK to be nervous and every guy has been there.

But what you can't afford to do is let your fear become an excuse to not take action!

Because ultimately it is your role as a man to take a risk and take control of the situation and attempt a flirtation!

There are little tricks and things you can do with body language and stuff like that to "tease" women and draw them in - pretty much the exact same tricks that they use to tease and attract men - but the difference is, as a man, at some point you will be expected to take control and initiate a make-out. Basically - go for it!!!

If you don't, if you play it safe and stay in flirting/teasing mode indefinitely - at some point she will go "OK, well this guy is nice but he doesn't really know what he's doing.... I'd better stop teasing him and find someone better"

Have courage and take calculated risks! Women will give you a window of opportunity but you have to have the guts to take it!

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well I don't care if it's male or female:
But it has to be cold blooded,
I prefer green to golden hues,
A long tail,
Thick black claws,
And dazzling eyes that I can stare into for hours...

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Firstly, is it too intimidating for a girl to approach a guy?

No....not at all

Secondly, do blonds really have more fun?

This only applies to blonde females...yes, they have more fun. Theyr'e not really doing more than brunnettes, etc....they are just easily amused, imo.

Thirdly, if you had a choice in choosing three physical/personality attributes which ones would you choose and why?

Personality - Honesty, humor and sense of excitement

Physical - Overall height to weight standard (is she in shape?), smile (I'm a teeth man) and legs.

contemplate_mortality, are you blonde?

[edit on 16/7/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I am also a lady, but I would like to answer....

#1. I am personally intimidated with approaching men, however I am a rather shy person in general. So I think it depends on a persons personality rather than their gender.

#2. I have also changed hair colors a few times, nothing too unnatural though. I have been brunette, blonde, black haired and red headed and I personally prefer to be red headed.

#3. Three attributes
1: quirkiness/uniquness. I don't want to date the same guy everyone else is dating! I get picked on by family and friends for my appreciation of the "weird" ones but I don't care. No Brad Pitts for me thank you.

2: Eyes. The eyes are the window to a persons soul. You can really tell a lot about a person by looking in their eyes.

3: The perfect balance between seriousness and humorousness. I mean, I want a guy who can be silly and funny, but I want him to be able to be serious when the time is right as well. Too much of either is bad, but close to the perfect balance of both is...well...perfect!

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Sporty
I have been through a blond stage in my life time. However, my natural hair colour is dark brown.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a) I think most people find it intimidating to approach the opposite sex for the first time, some people do not have that problem, for the rest of us, any excuse will do, make one up. I do not mind having a girl apporach me first.

b) Do blonds have more fun? no idea....I prefer redheads, but any colour is fine by me.

c) I like girls who are generally cheerful and fun to hang out with, moody ones make me sad and depressed.

I would like them to share some common interest and have some similar characteristics, personalities as me. I have difficulty relating to someone with no common interest and conficting personalities and characteristics.

I like everything physically about a girl to be about average, I don't like extremes in size, weight or propotions. Slim,not too fat or thin, average height, not too tall or short, same with all other features, butt, breast, mouth, eyes, ears etc. etc.

However, I am willing to overlook her physical attributes if the gal fits very well into the first two personalities that I mentioned as I would consider her my soul mate.

top topics

join