It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions about Lucid Dreaming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I am very interested in lucid dreaming. I personally have never had one but i enjoy to read about other people's theories and dreams themselves.

I do have a few questions on Lucid Dreaming though.

1. Is there a certain state of mind you must be in in order to lucid dream?

2. Is there something I would have to do in order to lucid dream?

3. If I'm in a lucid dream how would i know it? Would i be in the first-person point of view while I'm in it?

Answers to any or all of these questions would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
#1 - no

#2 - Some people just do it, some people have to work at it. I taught myself to do it using a quite common technique. First I identified certain images that were common in my dreams. I often dreamed of large bodies of water, smoking cigarettes, flying objects, and odd jewelry. Once I realized that these were common images for me, I began to keep them in mind when I was awake. Every time I drove by a lake, I asked myself if I was dreaming. Everytime I lit a cigarette or saw someone smoking, I asked myself if I was dreaming. Same thing if I saw a plane go over head or saw someone wearing unusual jewelry. After a couple of weeks of consistent effort it became automatic for me to check and see if I was dreaming. Finally it happened that I was wading in a lake, checked to see if I was dreaming, and realized that I was actually dreaming.

#3 - You know that you are having a lucid dream because you realize that you are dreaming. When you fully realize that you are dreaming, you can control the dream completely if you wish. You would still be playing the role of you, unless you didn't want to, then you could change it. Anything that you can imagine, you can make happen once you realize that you are dreaming.

I manage to become lucid quite often, but sometimes I just forget that I dreaming and lose the lucid state. I manage to maintain it for an extended time maybe once a month.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Thanks for that answer. I'm gonna try that now for the next couple weeks or months and hopefully it will work.

Urn

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
i find that if i question wether or not i'm dreaming...then, i'm dreaming. (when i'm actually awake, i never question wether i'm dreaming or not)

i too have a hard time maintaning lucidity. i find that if i try to control the dream too much, lucidity starts to slip away, and conversly, if i don't try too control it enough, i forget i'm dreaming...

i also find that alot of times i can't control certain things...like somtimes i can only fly a certain distance off the ground and cant go any higher, things like that....it's like i cant control my own mind or somthing. guess i just need more practice.

it doesn't happen to me very often though, maybe twice a month or so

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
there is a couple things you can do to make yourself realize your dreaming:

1. everyday question whether your awake or dreaming... eventually while dreaming you will ask and youll realize your deaming and you go lucid...

2. pull your finger everyday a couple times, eventually, it will become a ritual and you will do it in your dreams, and when you pull, your finger will stretch and Ureka!

3. Everyday jump up a couple times whenever, but 2-3 times a day. and the same thing will happen but you will notice that your starting to fly...

I did those for quite some time and they helped, then i just started to realize i was dreaming more often and that slowed down after i stopped using those techniques there.

But there is no state of mind you need to be in, but Lucid dreaming is one way to achieve an Astral projection, ived used LD to Ap couple times. wasat one time really good at LD and AP then it went down hill as i got lazy, and now i am going to get back on track again as i learn Telekinesis... but anywho....

join