Watch out! I'm Crazy Majic the Political Easter Bunny, and I love
to give away points!
Okay, granted I'm not planning to revive (or technically, just "vive", I suppose) PTS by running around handing out points.
However, I don't see any reason why I can't have some fun with PTS. And I do like handing out points -- when they are earned.
So here's a fun little game that I'll be playing on an ongoing basis.
Majic's Political Easter Eggs: The Home Version
While PTS hasn't exactly been the hottest board on the Internet (yet), there's still a lot of very good content enshrined within its hallowed
And so, to call attention to what we already have in PTS, I give you Majic's Political Easter Eggs -- a special little feature I hope you will
As a supermod, I can edit almost any post. In the course of my travels, I will -- now and then -- add a little note to a post that looks something
Majic's Political Easter Egg: Be the first to post the name of the 34th President of the United States in this thread and send Majic a U2U
with a link to your post, and you will be awarded 500 PTS points.
In general, the challenge will be related to the topic of the thread. When you reply, the thread will be bumped and it will get fresh attention from
Note that there are no links or bright colors to call attention to the eggs. This is intentional. I don't want it to be too easy to find them by
skimming (yeah, I do it too).
The point values will vary depending on how hard the question is and other, more esoteric factors (e.g., my mercurial whim), but are normally 500
points per egg.
I've only planted a small number of them so far, and won't be planting too
many. The idea is to offer something fun that can generate
interest in older threads and add a little extra excitement now and then, kind of like finding money on the sidewalk, or change underneath the couch
For you gamers out there, think of these as "PTS Power-ups".
The first member to meet these conditions for a given easter egg gets the prize:
1. Post the correct answer in the thread where the easter egg appears.
2. Send me a U2U with a link to the winning post.
3. First correct post
in the thread wins, not U2U, so don't worry that you have to pop that U2U milliseconds after posting the answer. No
hurries, no worries.
4. If the first answer is wrong, we move down the thread until the correct answer is found, which will then win the prize.
5. Moderators, FSMEs and Councilors are not eligible (sorry gang).
6. Awards may be limited or refused at my discretion (for example, if I suspect an egg was found as a result of an exploit or whatnot).
7. I may cancel the promotion at any time, in which case I'll post notice here.
8. I may impose other restrictions or limitations at my discretion (like any self-respecting benevolent dictator should).
Remember, these easter eggs are relatively rare, but they are out there, and as the mood strikes me, I'll be planting more in the months to come.