It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invisible Aircraft ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
ok , a gentleman from flight international replied to the email i sent , and the meat of his reply was :

Unfortunately I have no way of tracing this via your co-ordinates etc and like you can ascertain nothing from enlarging the shot. Thus its is either a mystery vehicle or indeed just a fluke that the image does not give up any view of the aircraft itself.

Sorry that we can not help on this occasion.

not quite what i had hoped for
i was reaaly expecting that he had access to flight data which could have identified what aircraft were in the area at the time -- tus solving the mystery .

but hey , he did reply , and could not id a plane in the pic -- and his job is " picture researcher "

so that idea is dead -- i am a bit disapointed though that there seems to be no way of corrolating a sighting to a flight plan , or is that sort of info protected by the data protection act , or security regulations ?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   
NEPHYX :

the sighting was definitly not supersonic , i tracked it for over 6 minuites total . in any case supersonic flight over mainland UK is highly restricted ,

W_T_R :

to answer your question of timing

IMAGE 1705 - WAS TAKEN @ 04:50:00

IMAGE 1706 WAS TAKEN @ 04:51:12

72 seconds apart -- and the trees visible in both shots are the same trees .

INTELGURL :

yes there was haze ,

the clouds were distinct and visible , as was the moon

i agree with all your comments on the improbability of using a " stealth " 4 engine transport or bomber , i made an earlier jibe about " stonking contrils " giving the game away

anyway -- regads the haze :

i had no problem identifying the plane in this shot :

imageshack file 1704

it was taken < 800m away , 25 minuites earlier .

and while this picture was taken facing the NNE , and i am @ right angles to the plane -- its VERY easy to spot the aircraft in this image

and i could see it with unaided vision too .

all that saud -- i do actually accept that obscurement by haze , its own contrail is the most likley answer

its just dammed wierd , and i have never reccaled being unanle to see the plane responsible - in similar situations before

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Please understand I don't want to be argumentative, but where humidity and haze are concerned, 25 minutes is a long time.

I think the difference between the pictures could easily be explained by a combination of altitude and haze.

2 points regarding this.

In the original picture you have a four engine aircraft, possibly a 747 or other intercontinental aircraft. If it's destination was not somewhere within a couple of hundred miles it was most likely placed at a very high altitude by the air traffic controllers.

On the otherhand, the aircraft in picture 1704 is most likely a 2 engine aircraft with engines on the tail section as opposed to the wings. An aircraft such as this could possibly be on a shorter flight, perhaps a commuter aircraft - and therefore at an altitude 1,000's of feet lower that the first aircraft.

The near certainty of a difference in altitude and constantly changing environmental conditions (read humidity) could easily explain the difference you see in these 2 pictures.

I have seen proposed models of aircraft utilizing different types of visual stealth and believe me, no one is going to experiment with this technology on such a large airframe, if it was a US project, the GAO would have the project manager hung by his cajones for not using a smaller aircraft ...

[edit on 7-18-2006 by intelgurl]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Ignorant_ape, You mentioned the airshow that is starting soon, Or has started (not sure on the dates). They are supposed to be flying, If not flying then showing, The A380. That has 4 engines which could leave a trail like the 747 which someone posted.

The aircraft is most probably behind the trail and cannot be seen from the angle.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
i saw something a while back on the history channel about some future military tech and this one thing was done on a computer to show an example of what it might be if it was made and it was a suit that soldiers wear with small screens on the front and some tiny cameras on the back and the screens on front project the image of whatever is behind the soldier thus creating something semi invisible, so maybe thats an experiment being done on that plane and maybe thats why it wont come up, another possibility is they matched the color of the sky to a paint job. i dont think the paint job thing would be it, but it may be a possibility.

also dont people say bill gates has a room in his house that changes color cause its just like a giant screen or something?, maybe they found (the military) out a way of doing that to an aircraft

and finally i saw something on the history channel about tvs and stuff and they had a little flexible card thats still a "protoype" about the size of a credit card or a little bigger, maybe like an index card, well anyway it was a tiny tv, so maybe they have something like those hooked up on the airplane and have a database of different sky colors. like one for cloudy day and stuff like that.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
As Intelgurl (who is like God around here) pointed out, they wouldn't be using a system like that on a big plane. They'd test it on a UAV first, then move up to a fighter sized plane. (PROBABLY)

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
stealth bends light in the same way you see a mirage on a highway.You would not see it coming and it's engine noise is baffled so you wouldn't hear it.I is used in air to suffice attacks.The pilots are known as BLACKSHEEP and they are on there own from orders from the Commander and Chief.Inside information has let me know that the stealth fighter has been decommissioned.The stealth was first designed to be invisible and the to fly, so it is a little unstable and needs special fly by wire technology.There were 52 build for operation,one for each state.

go ahead ask me any thing about it.

orgazmatron

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
There are 52 states? What's the other one? And they have NOT been retired. They're still operational, and flying out of Holloman AFB in New Mexico. The fall under the normal chain of command just like every other unit in the military. They are also quite visible in flight. I've seen them coming from long distances away, that's why they fly at night.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I think you just fed the troll, Zaph!

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I know, I realized that after. My excuse is that I've been horribly sick and I still don't always realize what I'm doing. That's my story and I'm sticking too it.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
... they have NOT been retired. They're still operational, and flying out of Holloman AFB in New Mexico.

Quick note on that - the F-117's are in the process of being retired. Out of the original 52 there are about 25 left and as more Raptors come off the assembly line the rest will be retired.

In this case retirement means storage, not scrap metal. While some F-117's are going to museums or put on pedestals in front of AFB's - many more of the Nighthawks are being taken to Tonopah and socked away in hangars with their wings taken off.

I personally feel it wouild be a nice gesture to give Australia a few of these retired F-117's. The technology is old at this point and represents no threat in the hands of such a good ally.

Originally posted by orgazmatron
stealth bends light in the same way you see a mirage on a highway.You would not see it coming ...

That is not the methodology of the F-117's stealth. In fact the F-117 does not incorporate visual stealth.
The "bending of light" visual stealth technique is only theory at this time and involves extremely potent electromagnetism and/or gravity manipulation. This is the sort of thing that is still a mathematical equation on some chalkboard at Lawrence Livermore.

To be certain there are current projects involving visual stealth on military aircraft, but the technology involves electrochromatic panelling, not electrogravitics as alluded to in your post.

The pilots are known as BLACKSHEEP and they are on there own from orders from the Commander and Chief.

Actually, the "Black Sheep" are the 8th Fighter Squadron, just like the 7th Fighter Squadron (F-117's also) are the "Screamin' Demons" and the 9th Fighter Squadron (F-117's) are the "Flying Knights".

Inside information has let me know that the stealth fighter has been decommissioned.

Inside information? Like what? The NY Times? This is old news first announced back in 2006.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join