It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity and War

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
GreatTech~

Please understand: I know your intentions are of the noblest sort--and your love and devotion to God is true and sincere--and very very big in your life. I say these things because I don't want you to feel like I'm tearing you down or trying to strip your soul bare with caustic criticism toward your beliefs--your beliefs are yours, between you and God, and that's none of my business...

But because of that, I've got to press a certain point, which is NOT related, although to me, at this point in time, in regard to your understanding, this certain thing seems to be hijacking on real things of true relevance, disguised as a valid truth and reliable maxim--and while it should be nothing for me to pay it no mind and go on about my business--it is because you love God and are trying to do good with your statements that I must make these points in what may seem to be an overbearing manner. I'm not trying to make you think 'I'm right' or 'You're wrong' or anything like that--I'm only wanting you to see that you may not be publishing the message you hope to publish, when you post such statements as the following:

Originally posted by GreatTech
Christianity is an excellent religion for beginning world unity (Peace to the Infinite Power!!!). After all, Christianity is the most adhered to religion in the world.

Here are some statistical data and other types of things that might help you to see how your statement is inaccurate and not realistic:

Major Religions of the World Ranked by Number of Adherents:

33% Christian
21% Islam
16% 'Non Religious'
14% Hinduism
6% each of:
Buddhist, Chinese Traditional, and primal-indigenous.
0.22% Judaism
0.36% Sikhism

Check out their homepage for more facts and to find out what religion, if any, this site represents or subscribes to. There is a broken link, there, too--claiming the following:

New edition of World Christian Encyclopedia published: tabulating 10,000 distinct religious groups, including 33,830 Christian denomination

33,830!!!?!?

33% is the biggest portion--not the majority and Islam is a very close second...'non-religious' is actually just about half of the number of those claiming christianity.

At any rate, your statement of 'most adhered to' is a vague, at best, qualifier--how is 'adhered' measured and to what is the standard for adherence?

The answer 'christianity,' plain and simple does not supply any sort of satisfactory explanation--consider what this page shows: Over 9,000 Christian denominations are represented in the World Christian Database.

Now, consider this, in the frame of 1000 persons--just for the sake of understanding the numbers represented here:

According to the first page I linked to, out of those 1,000, 330 will be christians.
Now, take those 330 christians and divide them into the 9,000 different denominations of christianity:
Out of that 330 persons from that 1,000 person sample, we can count on 0.037% being of each respective denomination!

What does that say????

Even the Wiki page on this subject is rather informative and perhaps startling, if you'd only have a look at it: Wiki

Here is a bit more explanatory page on the taxonomy of christian denominations.

Does anybody think they can outdo Christ?

It seems to me that there are anywhere from 9,000 to 33,830 groups of people that might very possibly feel they can somehow outdo Christ!

Is Christ divided?

NO!

I agree with your basic premise--the only certain Unity is through the one channel--but it is a channel for ALL the world--it HAS NOTHING to do with christianity, whatsoever!!!

2000 years have passed--and one religion has turned into tens of thousands variations on the original theme.

It's not going to work. Ever. Because it is man's doings, not God's.

This is not Unity--it is constant splintering....

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Unity is impossible. If unity were possible, work would be impossible. If work were impossible, living would be impossible since we may deem ourselves equal with God. We will always be subjugated to God's Infinite Power. The Infinitely Great God has been at work since pre-day one.

Because of human sin, "by the sweat of your face shall you get bread to eat." Genesis 3:19

"If now. while they are one people, all speaking the same language, they have started to do this, nothing will later stop them from doing whatever they presume to do." Genesis 11:6

"Do not think that I have come to bring peace upon the earth. I have come to bring not peace but the sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and one's enemies will be those of his household." Jesus wants Infinite Peace through Infinite division. Only then can God be glorified for His Infinite Work through the Ages. A hierarchical structure is Spiritually and scientifically necessary for God to exist and keep his Absolute Power over Heaven, the Earth, and Hell.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Unity is impossible. If unity were possible, work would be impossible.

With God all things are possible, remember?

Without Unity all work that is done is basically vanity of the very same nature the Qoheleth wrote of all through Ecclesiastes!

If work were impossible, living would be impossible since we may deem ourselves equal with God.

I'm not sure how that follows the first part...

Besides all that, what if God makes you equal to Him? Not you, but Him? Would you deny such a thing and go against what He wills for you and for HIM?

We will always be subjugated to God's Infinite Power. The Infinitely Great God has been at work since pre-day one.

Did you skip the seventh day?

Jesus wants Infinite Peace through Infinite division. Only then can God be glorified for His Infinite Work through the Ages. A hierarchical structure is Spiritually and scientifically necessary for God to exist and keep his Absolute Power over Heaven, the Earth, and Hell.

Okay, now: you are not only crawfishing (back peddling, that is) but you are making little if any sense at all....

Jesus wants peace through division?

Did not He say He was not divided?

Oh dear. :shk:
I can see that it is a problem for you when I bring up points with which you inherently are inclined to agree ~ because then you go to the other end of the spectrum at the risk of putting your own foot in your mouth and contradicting your usual stance ~due to a inclination within your mind to not agree with anything I say at any cost...

So ~ I sincerely apologize for my intrusion ~ it is not important for me to make any point if it causes any sort of barrier or such for another soul.

For this reason I will gracefully withdraw and hope you accept my apology, Great Tech! Your peace of mind is more important to me than my own desire to help.

peace and love to you, truly!

God bless and keep you!

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
queenannie38, of course all things are possible with God. But do us human beings really believe we can create, modify, and eliminate a Universe with a motion of our fingers or any other body part? God has created spiritual avenues to create Union with Him but we are inherently Spiritually and scientifically subjugated to Him.

The Ultimate Sin is to willfully think and act in a way that we believe is not in align with God's Infinite Greatness and Power because God is INFINITE GREATNESS and POWER.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
queenannie38, a clearer statement than what I said in my last reply should have been: everything is possible for God but his decrees restrict the possibilities of humans. Do you think that a human can say in retrospect that he or she created the Universe? Do you think the Holy Bible is God's law, human law, part of each, and/or nothing?

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
GreatTech, have you read "The Kingdom of God Is Within You" by Leo Tolstoy? Your views on Christianity and war reminded me of that book.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Rock Lobster, I have never read Tolstoy. Thank you for bringing up a very powerful title of a book written by him though. I never thought of the concept. Do you think that the Kingdom of God is present only in our Souls, or physicality, or both. Does our Soul behave completely, partly, or not at all like our physicality? Personally, I see some connection between Soul and physicality but certainly not complete.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Rock Lobster, I have never read Tolstoy. Thank you for bringing up a very powerful title of a book written by him though. I never thought of the concept. Do you think that the Kingdom of God is present only in our Souls, or physicality, or both. Does our Soul behave completely, partly, or not at all like our physicality? Personally, I see some connection between Soul and physicality but certainly not complete.

Wow, good question. I tend to see the soul as a more accurate manifestation of "who we really are" and the physical body as the soul's vehicle in the physical world. In reference to the saying "The Kingdom of God is within you" I would say that it is mainly referring to our soul. It could have some significance in relation to the physical body, but that might be mostly symbolic significance. I'm really not sure, but that's a great question to think about.

Does our Soul behave completely, partly, or not at all like our physicality?

Sorry, could you clarify this further? I'm not exactly sure what you mean. I do agree that there is a connection between soul and physicality though. I'll definitely be thinking about this subject and I look forward to hearing what you have to say on the matter.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Rock Lobster, I believe that God teaches our Soul and our Soul teaches our physicality. Our Soul is born for Heaven and our Soul always teaches our physicality that it was wrong in thought, actions, and deeds. Although the physicality can perform great acts, it never equals or surpasses our Soul, which can never equal or surpass the Infinite Greatness of God. Our Soul is the only element of us that survives and better times are always ahead, with or without our physical recognition.

Pray for those who have been criminals and/or been disease-afflicted and had the hardest time in life!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Where there is war, there is no Christianity. Only complete and constant Christianity would make this a warless world.

I agree that if everyone were a true believer in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior war would probably not exist.

But now we come to reality, many reject Jesus Christ, so that means there are 2 opposing sides.

So war is going to exist. And it is going to increase to the point that all flesh would be destroyed, so what is the answer?

The answer is that we are being shown what mankind is capable of, death and destruction. Why show us this? So that for all of eternity no one can ever again make the following statements:

Gen. 1:1 hath God said?
Gen. 1:4 Ye shall not surely die.
Isaiah 14:13 I will ascend into heaven!
Isaiah 14:13 I will exalt my throne above the stars of God!
Isaiah 14:13 I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north!
Isaiah 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds!
Isaiah 14:14 I will be like the most High!

What is it going to take for wars to stop-The return of Jesus Christ.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well said, GreatTech. I have a similar view of the soul and I think your post actually comes closer to articulating it than my post did, so thanks for sharing!

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Rock Lobster, thank you for the nice comment.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Definitions:

Chrisitanity: completely and constantly following the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.

I'm unfamiliar with "The Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ". Why was it left out of the New Testament?

War: a person, group, or nation inflicting violence against another person, group, or nation. Included is threats of violence.

Why would a nation have a military if not to include a threat of violence? Is not having an army a threat of violence?

Where there is war, there is no Christianity. Only complete and constant Christianity would make this a warless world.

Translation to me: My way is the only way. Everyone else is wrong, which is why there will be war, until everyone is a Christian.

I consider all nations with a military that is violent or "threatening-violent" a non-Christian nation.

Yet, another thread states "All Great Nations are Christian Nations", i beleive by the same author of this thread.

But, did not all "Great Nations" considered "Christian Nations" become "Great Nations through their acts of war?

[edit on 23-8-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
currently, the very Christian President George Bush is busy bombing and killing thousands of innocent muslims around the world.

And the very Islamic Bin Laden is busy plotting the next 9/11 atrocity.

both men are devoted to their faiths.

both claim their religion is peaceful.

i can only suggest that it should be an offence to use name of any religion to commit an act of violence.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join