It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lebanon, victim of the agenda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Israel or the US will not go to invade Syria, simply because the benefits that could be gained from it are too little, and in addition, both countries do not have the power to start another war (assuming no conscripts will be put in, I am serious here, no one knows where this is going to end).

In my opinion Lebanon has become the victim of the Israeli and indirect the US agenda. Shortly after Israel started the air raids on Lebanon they (and the US - Bolton) increased the pronunciations on what they see as the actual evil: Iran and Syria.

It seems that the initial reason why Israel started the war, the abduction of the two soldiers, has currently been forgotten by the leaders.

I think Damascus will meet some terrible air raids initially by the Israeli air force only, but later on backed up by the US air force. If such a scenario happens, it would be very likely that Iran is going to meddle with the situation. Exactly what is beneficial for both the US and Israel.

For Israel as Iran is a major ''enemy'' with great strength, in contrast to the others.
For the US it is required to defend it's economy from collapsing by preventing Iran from introducing the oil bourse.

For those who believe the mainstream US media, I'll help you awaking from dreamland, the US economy is likely to collapse.

Two months ago I announced already the US economy is its weak point, exactly where Iran is going to hit it. If you'd like to read more on this, I'd recommend you to read the following:

ATS thread - Bill Gates comments
Federal Reserve Report by Kotlikoff, ex advisor of Reagan - Is the US Bankrupt?
Ron Paul: member of the US House of Representatives
A fiscal hurrican on the Horizon - David Walker, comptroller general of the US

[edit on 15-7-2006 by Mdv2]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Nobody can say that you are right or wrong. There have been many theories as to why this is happening. I just don't see how spending hundreds of billions of dollars will HELP anything. Even if they were going to change their oil currency to Euros. Not to mention risking international opinion, etc. Not to also mention, Iraq is making less oil than before. And if that was the case, why would we name Syria as evil? They have no oil.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
That's all wrong.

The IDF will continue to bombard Hezbollah, its infrastructure, and its members until either Lebanon sees that support for 'letting Hezbollah stay' or Syria launches an attack with its military to support their Hezbollah friends.

No matter what happens, Syria is the ultimate target in all this. And Lebanon is going to have to beef up its military to protect itself from Syria. Maybe with the help of the US with arms sales like the arrnagement with Israel.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
While I agree that Syria is the next target the ultimate goal is Iran.

I believe that Israel has gotten tire of waiting for US or UN to take a stronger stand against their evilness.

Israel will benefit the most taking out Syria, Iran after all they are the biggest supporters of Hezbollah.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   

It seems that the initial reason why Israel started the war, the abduction of the two soldiers, has currently been forgotten by the leaders.

That is so true, makes it obvious to the average conspiracy theorist that there is an agenda here.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
While I agree that Syria is the next target the ultimate goal is Iran.

I believe that Israel has gotten tire of waiting for US or UN to take a stronger stand against their evilness.

Israel will benefit the most taking out Syria, Iran after all they are the biggest supporters of Hezbollah.

Since the it can be considered that Israel is basically a U.S. state we should say that the U.S. has gotten tired of waiting.

It may be true that the U.S. economy is on the verge of another depression it wont simply collapse. Many countries still rely on the U.S. for trade and before the country falls into a collapse the wealthies corporations are going to donate money to the government and the country for their own benifit.. with out the U.S. what good would their compnay be?

Thing about going into a depression is we wont go into one with out going to war. War will distract the world from attacking us if we stay on the offensive, that is why we have to deal with the middle east now.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

That is so true, makes it obvious to the average conspiracy theorist that there is an agenda here.

1 - Idon't think Israel has forgotten just yet, they still want their boys back.

2 - They've been waiting for a reason to go to war for awhile now, but have been waiting for the right circumstances to appease the global community. They currently have it, and probably won't waste the opportunity. Mostly because the US won't let them waste it.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

In addition, Iran might be going to produce nuclear weapons, which would be a serious treat to Israel. That's why I think we'll see an attack on Syria or a faked Iranian attack on Israel / US forces, to justify an attack on them. Israel would lose much power if they don't take against Iran.

Furthermore, if Iran comes in posession of nuclear weapons, Iran would be openly able to support Hezbollah and other liberation armies with even stronger military materials, in the for Israel worst case, with dirty bombs.

Where Israel used to be supported by the major western countries, they are now losing support rapidly. The EU will hopefully never support Israel in military terms if war breaks out.

And what if the US economy really collapses? Then it won't be able to support Israel anymore in both financial and military terms and will Israel be forced to defend it country indepently, which brings us to the following, why was Israel allowed to build up a nuclear arsenal, while Iran isn't?

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

There is an agenda at work here...and it's all to do with water!

In a nutshell, the Golan Heights were captured in the '67 war from Syria to control the source of the aquifers to the east. Lebanon was invaded in '82 and territory occupied up to the Litani river valley, long identified as a valuable source of water by Israel. And the constant denial of any autonomous Palestinian state in the West Bank, to maintain control of the aquifers underneath, which supply over 30% of Israel's water.

The only reason that the IDF want to drive Hezbollah out of southern Lebanon is because Israel wants access to a huge source of fresh water in the Litani valley

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I think the Lebanese are the victims of a lot of people's agendas - certainly Israel's and the US's, but certainly Iran's and Syria's as well, if we are to be honest.

To paraphrase something I heard on the news the other day: Israel is prepared to fight Syria, to the last Lebanese. Syria is likewise prepared to fight Israel, to the last Lebanese. And Iran is prepared to fight Israel, to the last Syrian

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by timski

The only reason that the IDF want to drive Hezbollah out of southern Lebanon is because Israel wants access to a huge source of fresh water in the Litani valley

I actually don't think that's a theory that holds water. The Israeli government suddenly falls in with the proposal to station an internation coalition force in Southern Israel. They also said the Israeli forces would withdraw then from Lebanon.

Of course, they want others to finish their dirty work. I really hope the European Union will not ask any member states to send soldiers. If the UN or EU does, I hope all of them decline, except of Britain.

The British, US and Israeli government prefer to decide individually what's good for the Middle East, they blocked a resolution to start an immediate ceasefire. All of that is fine but then take responsibility for what you stand for (with all due respect to their citizens and armies).

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
I think the Lebanese are the victims of a lot of people's agendas - certainly Israel's and the US's, but certainly Iran's and Syria's as well, if we are to be honest.

To paraphrase something I heard on the news the other day: Israel is prepared to fight Syria, to the last Lebanese. Syria is likewise prepared to fight Israel, to the last Lebanese. And Iran is prepared to fight Israel, to the last Syrian

You are right. An invasion should not be ruled out, as I don't think Israel stationed such a large amount of soldiers near the Northern border just for no reason.

SANA: Syria will join the conflict if Israeli troops come near Damascus

DAMASCUS (CNN) -- If Israeli troops invade Lebanon and come near the Syrian border, Syria will join the conflict, Syria's information minister said Sunday.

The official Syrian news agency SANA said Mohsen Bilal made the comments Sunday to Spanish newspaper ABC after a visit with Spanish Foreign Minister Miguel Angel Moratinos in Madrid.

Bilal said it is possible that Israeli troops could come within 12 miles (20 km) of Damascus and at that point, "Syria will not sit tight," according to SANA.

Damascus is about 20 km from the Lebanese border.

Israel has denied it has any plans to invade Lebanon, stressing that its ground forces entered southern Lebanon as part of a pinpoint operation to disarm the Hezbollah militia. (Updated, 12:49 p.m.)

[edit on 23-7-2006 by Mdv2]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

This is true. There are many Christians looking towards Israel and Muslims looking towards Syria ...meanwhile neither one is any good and they are selling their souls to the devil either way. Israel and Syria both would rather use Lebanon as a battleground so they don't mess up their own countries or citizens. I believe both of them would love to get a hunk out of Lebanon and split it like two dogs pulling on a steak. They don't have oil but the tourism and finance is big there and recently the Olive oil industry is booming.

Pie

[edit on 23-7-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Lebanon sure is caught between a rock & a hard place.

i really think that the US neocons, PNACers, BushReich are setting
the pace & goals of this flare up of combat by Israel.

somewhere in the deep secrets bin of the BushReich,
there must be a strategic model that believes that the Shiite
Hezbollah just may have (a few) caches of WMDs from Iraq
that Saddam intended to retreive sometime.

As the expected Israeli insertion into Hezbollah controlled
southern Lebanon caves & bunkers to rout out the militants
gains momentum, wouldn't it be a real bonanza for a WMD
cache to be reported found & exposed...giving the Israel
US partnership a soapbox to declare to the world
'I Told You So!'

#2, the PNAC plan for the middle east & near east
is to 'balkanize' all the present maps/nations into
smaller, manageable, tribal groups & controllable factions.
in that vein, Lebanon woud be divided into a democratic
parlimentary state, 2 or more religious oriented states
(think Shiite & Sunni as a starting point)

other than those 2 shadowy, unprovable, ulterior motives
for taking action against Lebanon. I would say that policy
& strategy & plans are quickly forged in haste as events
transpire...any Hezbollah action or response to Israeli
force is presented as an 'escallation' by the media spinmeisters.

On top of the troubles there on the Israeli-Lebanon frontier,
there is being created another crisis on Cyprus as
thousands of Lebanons' refugees having American ID
are being temporarily resettled on Cyprus...itself a country
in turmoil

Ah ha, another area where an American solution can be administered
to the US advantage in more ways than one. such as; will there
be a presence of Marines to protect the american refugees.
appox. 8,000 at last report

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I think you guys have been catched in your owm conspiracy theories
Why must there be some shadow motives. Israel simply decided enough was enough (there were not only those 2 kidnapped but also 7-9? dead). And if "others" (read UN, Lebanon) don't want to finish their work (disarm Hezbollah like demaned by UN) than who else is there to do it? And when, according to you Middle East experts should Israelies act? After 10th, 30th or 1000th kidnapped or killed soldier?

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Let's see.. the NeoCons in Washington ran completely up against a brickwall in their PNAC pursuit of invading Iran. Iraq is a disaster and the US electorate has no more will for this occupation and our land forces are being harmed beyond belief.

Now we have this conflagration in Southern Lebanon vs. Hezbollah, a group Syria and Iran support in whatever ways. Officially we support Israel.

This thing is getting out of hand. People are taking sides and information is sketchy. The confusion of war is upon us. Again. How fortunate for Bill Kristol and his PNAC bunch.

A cease fire should be urged immediately before this escalates into something we cannot get out of. Our troops in Iraq, for example, are in enuff danger as it is. That's not even mentioning the scores of innocent civilians who have been caught up in this action.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by longbow
And if "others" (read UN, Lebanon) don't want to finish their work (disarm Hezbollah like demaned by UN) than who else is there to do it? And when, according to you Middle East experts should Israelies act? After 10th, 30th or 1000th kidnapped or killed soldier?

True enuff. But what of all the UN resolutions Israel has blown off?

Both sides should honor commitments made and honestly strive to make peace.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

True enuff. But what of all the UN resolutions Israel has blown off?

Both sides should honor commitments made and honestly strive to make peace.

But we are talking about Lebanon-Israeli relationship, or not? In this case all parties complied with UN resolutions - Israelies withdrew from southern Lebanon, Syrians withdrew home too, THE ONLY one who had problems with it was Hezbollah.

[edit on 23-7-2006 by longbow]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
If Hezbollah wants a seat at the political table, it should not provicate. It shouldn't give Israel the slightest reason to go after them. The governments of Syria and Lebanon should be using whatever influence they have to convey that message.

I would also hope that Israel would be open to the idea of a cease fire.

new topics

top topics

join