It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets about Diana to be revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Queen Elizabeth II has let it be known she is standing by Prince William in the row about ex-butler Paul Burrell's book revealing secrets about Diana, Princess of Wales.

If her grandson decides to go ahead with a face-to-face meeting with the former royal butler, the queen will support William's decision, aides said Monday.

Responding to questions, Buckingham Palace said: "The queen's conversations with her family are a private matter. But the queen fully supports Prince William at this time."

The rare intervention of the queen came as Burrell's book, "A Royal Duty," went on sale Monday.

i think he's got no right in interfering with what's been past and buried....only inflaming situations, that's all the man's doing.
then again..maybe some more info on diana's death can be salvaged

do you think he's up for the popularity of it all?? or does he really care

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   

do you think he's up for the popularity of it all?? or does he really care

Well, I saw his initial interview on Channel 4 yesterday, and he denied totally that he was into this for any form of revenge or that any more secrets would be forthcoming. He staunchly stated that NO more secrets and NO follow up book would be forthcoming. He came across as a principled guy who had been kicked down by the establishment, and was sincerely just doing what he believed was right.

THEN I saw an interview on ITV later the same night, with an obviously agitated Burrel hinting that if the Queen had helped him out earlier during his trial, this book may not have happened. Asked about a further book revealing more secrets, his answer was more along the lines of 'we'll see how the Royals behave'. He staunchly refused to confirm or deny that another book would be forthcoming. In this interview he came across as a money-grabbing, revenge fuelled man, with no principles or sincerity.

It looks to me that he's doing this both for revengeful and financial notives. From the way he's spoken in 2 out of the 3 interviews I've so far seen on TV, I'd say revenge was his initial motive, with the �2 million publisher's advance a nice little bonus.....one on which he's now realised he can buiild upon with a follow-up book. He also realises now just how much the Royal family want no more secrets aired in this manner. So he's fully aware that, for the moment, he could use his further silence as a 'ransom' of sorts if ever required.
The BIG secret he's sitting on is this rape tape business, but it looks as if it's contents will be fully aired before the week is finished anyway. Once this information is out in the open Burrell's hold over the Royals will severely loosen....so any further secrets will only be worth their weight in publishing money.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   

U CANT BE SERIOUS....
what's all this about then??

o my god....he's got a tape of...
do u have a link for this???
this man is sick....if he releases that tape, the royals will roll the matresses on him, just like they did with diana.
wouldnt that count as escalating matters tho?

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
ok, this seems pathetic that the author of this should not know about the current situation( my...doesnt news change!!), i didnt have anything about a tape yesterday when i "spun the thread" so 2 speak

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus

U CANT BE SERIOUS....

Well he says he doesn't have the tape. What happened was the rape victim reported the incident to Princess Diana, who for some reason - which I cannot understand - recorded the conversation. The tape was then locked into a box, which fell into Burrell's hands after the Princess died. During his trial for theft from the Royal Family, the tape was apparently stolen from Burell.

He's stated that Diana told him the contents of the tapes but denied having heard the tape "all the way though", which implies that he heard at least some of it. Either way, he's fully aware of who the mystery rapist is, as apparently are most people working in the Palace, and those who work in the media. It's been an open secret for some time in that arena, but due to libel laws they can't publicly state what they know - within the UK anyway. An Italian newspaper claimed that it would publish the full facts this week, so if that happens, with the Internet it'll be all around the world in minutes anyhow.

Burell also claims to have information about a senior Royal caught engaged in 'same-sex activity' with a servant, and this always seem to mentioned whenever the rape tape is brought up, so maybe this is mentioned on the tape too, or the same Royal was involved in both incidents?

I've had a quick google around for any transcripts of his recent TV interviews, but I could only find this one, which doesn't really go into as much depth as the ones I saw:

www.abc.net.au...

If you search some UK newspaper sites you'll probably get some deeper info.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SabbyJ

Originally posted by Cyrus

U CANT BE SERIOUS....

thanks for keeping me posted on the matter, much appreciated.
my guess is the royals aren't as clean as they once were...covering their tracks seems their most challenging aspect in their "so called" lives.
what with the media/papparazzi increasing in number and desperation this proves an ever-complicating task to fulfill.
they're bound to crack under the pressure sometime, some1 will slip(harry seems to know nothing of this...one hopes he ends up giving the game away)
this information is strictly for information purposes only, i am not held responsible for anything written on here(making sure im not sued here!!)

Well he says he doesn't have the tape. What happened was the rape victim reported the incident to Princess Diana, who for some reason - which I cannot understand - recorded the conversation. The tape was then locked into a box, which fell into Burrell's hands after the Princess died. During his trial for theft from the Royal Family, the tape was apparently stolen from Burell.

He's stated that Diana told him the contents of the tapes but denied having heard the tape "all the way though", which implies that he heard at least some of it. Either way, he's fully aware of who the mystery rapist is, as apparently are most people working in the Palace, and those who work in the media. It's been an open secret for some time in that arena, but due to libel laws they can't publicly state what they know - within the UK anyway. An Italian newspaper claimed that it would publish the full facts this week, so if that happens, with the Internet it'll be all around the world in minutes anyhow.

Burell also claims to have information about a senior Royal caught engaged in 'same-sex activity' with a servant, and this always seem to mentioned whenever the rape tape is brought up, so maybe this is mentioned on the tape too, or the same Royal was involved in both incidents?

I've had a quick google around for any transcripts of his recent TV interviews, but I could only find this one, which doesn't really go into as much depth as the ones I saw:

www.abc.net.au...

If you search some UK newspaper sites you'll probably get some deeper info.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
its not that the rapist is a mystery its the fact of who covered it up that will cause the poop.the fact it was covered and who ordered it covered and that even the the most senior royals knew about it wont shine the best light on the royal family.

dosent anyone think publishing the book about diana may make him live a lot longer?

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by squintingcat

its not that the rapist is a mystery its the fact of who covered it up that will cause the poop.the fact it was covered and who ordered it covered and that even the the most senior royals knew about it wont shine the best light on the royal family.

dosent anyone think publishing the book about diana may make him live a lot longer?

"dosent anyone think publishing the book about diana may make him live a lot longer?"
i sincere hope that was sarcasm(or was it

i shall go about weighing his fate in two forms...
1: the book gets published, all fingers point at royal family if he gets killed, # hits the fan, theory about diana's death turns into fact, royal family taken to high court(at least the ones responsible are)
2: he doesnt publish the book, he ends up living safe, but in fear...doesnt release tape's contents either, therefore maintains a form of blackmail, this weapon...by far, shall never crumble, for the royals must be tainted due to their clean history.(there's a saying i would have loved to post on here if i could remember it!! it's about clean people getting tainted so they can be compared with society,*beats head against wall*)

o well...there u go, two possible outcomes, it's up to you to concur or repudiate, which one mantains this thread's iffinity...you decide

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Burrell has now in my book reached the lowest form of evolved life possible. Even below journalists. This man has bitten the hand that fed him - and plays on the sympathy of a nation for a Lady who although was nothing to many people in this world gave hope and charity to many people. The man is scum and a shadow of his former employer.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   
the reason why he's letting all this info into the public eye is so that they have no dirt on him to dish every time i look at the photos of di's car all smashed up it makes me think that it was all planed

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 06:12 AM
link   
the book has been published and your right in saying if he was killed now all fingers would point to the royal family.this is the man who took them on in the highcourt and walked away with his head held high.he has also publicly stated he has more secrets but wont reveal them.
his death wouldnt prove any theories about dianas death to be true or otherwise but the publicity it would generate would be high profile and if a tape did then turn up proving a royal cover up would the monarchy survive the very public enquiries that would ensue.
lets not forget the popularity of the royal family is nowhere near as high as it was as when diana was alive.

if he had chosen to live out his life in obscruity sitting on all he knows then in 5 or 6 years time we could have been reading 4 lines on page 6 of a tabloid newspaper saying he had died in a gay love triange,boating accident or otherwise.

the royal family wouldnt even feel the need to issue a statement saying how saddened they were and that chapter of royal history would be closed.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
Burrell has now in my book reached the lowest form of evolved life possible. Even below journalists. This man has bitten the hand that fed him - and plays on the sympathy of a nation for a Lady who although was nothing to many people in this world gave hope and charity to many people. The man is scum and a shadow of his former employer.

What got me is throughout this whole period he's been justifying himself by saying "the book is what Diana would have wanted", "it says only good things, it's a tribute" etc etc......yet he completey 'forgets' that maybe Diana would not have wanted all kinds of crap about rape-tapes, multiple ex-lovers and whatnot splashed across the tabloid press for two weeks solid before the book's release. And the only reason THAT happened was that Burrell sold the tabloids 'teasers' of his book.

The guy's a hypocrite. He was on TV the other day whinging about how his two sons have been affected by all this.....ahem.

It would be nice one day if someone pulled the same stunt on Burell as he's pulled on Diana. I seem to recall a few years back one of the tabloids pulling some very interesting skeletons out of Burell's 'pre-marriage days' cupboard. If were an Editor I'd be pulling that stuff out of the files and splashing it across the front pages.

new topics

top topics

join