Iran decides to reject demands..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
However, i must say the timing of this rejection, North Korea, Israel and others combined all together - Cant be any worse than this. Its a puzzle, and these countries are all making their own pieces and putting them into place, the picture it results into... Remains unseen, for now...

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

TEHRAN, Iran -- Iran said Sunday that Western incentives to halt its nuclear program were an "acceptable basis" for talks, and it is ready for detailed negotiations.

good news??

At least something positive isw being discussed..

U-turn or delaying tactics? what do you think.?we can only hope

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
tell me this, why is it your president said it's fine to nuke my country but to your standards it's bad for Iran having access to nuclear energy alone?.

[edit on 16-7-2006 by Mehran]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hey i know you were,nt asking me coz he,s not my prez

One one side he wouldn,t be able to make the threats he does if Iran had the weapons to fight back which is why he doesn,t want you to have the ability to make them

I think every country should have the right to produce it,s own power however they should choose..

But on the other hand if your leader had a more stable psyche then it would be a lot easier to trust he is only developing this technology for peaceful purposes

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by maloy

They won't stop them, but it'll add to the aleady anti-US sentiments in Russia

How exactly did Iran threaten the US. If I think some guy that lives across town is threatening me because he has a shotgun in the closet and looked at me the wrong way, does that give me a right to go into his house and kill him and his family?

Western corporations (Halliburton, Chevron, Conoco Phillips, BP, Shell, Exxon, etc.) have no intentions for getting off oil, because they would lose billions.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by maloy]

Let see how does/when has Iran threatened the US.... Well how about everytime the president opens his mouth he mentions destroying the Israel and its allies"US".

Talk on the street is one thing but in an open address from a gov talking about the destruction of a state is threat enough.

Yes recently its been all about israel but countless times he has have talked about destroying "THE GREAT SATAN" very dramatic may i add.

No owning a shotgun is not a threat. Owning a shotgun waving it around saying your going to kill so and so is a threat. ESP if you believe they are willing to give that shotgun to someone willing to use it. How about I put a gun to your face and threaten you.... HOw would you react...

As for evil greedy western corporations, as if greed is limited to the west, no they won't lose a dime... They will simply go from being oil companies to ethanol companies or fuel cell companies.... They are ones doing the research on energy and have the money to produce.

The first hydrogen pump is in service and ethonol is already in our gas. Whatever the next fuel is it has to be supplied and produced just like gas. Its no loss just a change. Oil companies are going nowhere they will just morph...

If anything I think oil is still in use to drain places like the mid east of their few resources... More strategic interest then commercial.

[edit on 16-7-2006 by American Madman]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Iran should have been taken down by the USA over 30 years ago...

The embassy? The bomings that killed over 280 US service men and women that Iran has been proven to be responsible for?

I'm sorry but that looks like an act of war to me and I am damn well suprised that Iran wasn't attacked by the USA in the 70's or 80's.

The sooner Iran is dealth with the better. One lunatic in North Korea is enough on one plate. I say stealth attacks using bunker busting weapons (nuclear if necessary) to destroy the facilities and special operations units to 'take care' of the Iranian president and his chain of command should be performed soon before Iran has the power to strike back.

You'll all be sorry we never took action when Iran is firing missiles off to "wipe Israel off the map" and bring the second coming of the Muslim prophets. And guess what... all the left-winged protesters will be the FIRST to blame to government for not doing anything. Typical.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Iran will get theirs...

Just let them keep spewing off at the mouth issuing threats.
Let them continue to openly support terrorists.
They will get what is comming to them "the gov, not the people as a whole"

I think the west is letting things get out of control as an excuse to use for when its time for action and not just words... Keep talking iran...

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Madman
Let see how does/when has Iran threatened the US.... Well how about everytime the president opens his mouth he mentions destroying the Israel and its allies"US".

Yes recently its been all about israel but countless times he has have talked about destroying "THE GREAT SATAN" very dramatic may i add.

He never mentioned "destroying the US". What Ahmadinejad said is that if US gets in the way or interferes it might carry some losses. If he is threatening Israel, let Israel stand up for itself- it is very capable of doing so. What is Israel to the US? The 51 state? A child that US has to care for and protect from all the bullies? As I see it, what Ahmadinejad said, is between Iran and Israel. Also with US in the middle in Iraq, there will be no conflict going on between the two unless US decides to help Israel

As I said, Ahmadinejad is a face for the media. He doesn't decide much, the mullahs do. They much rather fight covert war with israel through hezbolah and Hamas, than an open war. Again let Israel deal with this. This constant interference is what brings out anti-US sentiments in the Middle East.

No owning a shotgun is not a threat. Owning a shotgun waving it around saying your going to kill so and so is a threat. ESP if you believe they are willing to give that shotgun to someone willing to use it. How about I put a gun to your face and threaten you.... HOw would you react.

Shotgun here being the nuclear weapons, please provide a source where Iran says they are GOING TO USE NUKES AGAINST ANYBODY (as a first strike). What makes you think they are going to give the nukes (when they get them that is) to somebody? That is just guessing on the part of US, and you cannot accuse them of it if it. Again who has Iran threatened with NUKES? Their barking about the need of Israel to disappear is one thing. But they never gave any indication of using nukes againsts it. Iran are nor ruled by idiots. They know if they use nukes against Israel, Israel will use its arsenal (some of which I believe might be on speacial submarines provided by Germany) to retaliate.

That is the thing- nobody has pointed a gun at US. Not NK, not Iraq, not Iran, not Syria- nobody. And yet US is acting as if it is surrounded by armed thugs wanting to destroy its freedom. Give me (and the world) a break already.

As for evil greedy western corporations, as if greed is limited to the west, no they won't lose a dime... They will simply go from being oil companies to ethanol companies or fuel cell companies.... They are ones doing the research on energy and have the money to produce.

The first hydrogen pump is in service and ethonol is already in our gas. Whatever the next fuel is it has to be supplied and produced just like gas. Its no loss just a change. Oil companies are going nowhere they will just morph...

If anything I think oil is still in use to drain places like the mid east of their few resources... More strategic interest then commercial.

They will lose money. They have the infrastructure in place for oil and gas. Refineries, pipelines, oil tankers, gas stations, offshore oil platforms. That is all very expensive equipment, and they will use it untill all oil is gone. The commercials you see on TV (by the national oil and natural gas organization) about them working on new energy sources if bull****. They might be looking in to whats next, but they will first use the oil till the last drop.

The economic theory (same one that guides capitalism around the world) suggests that you should use up the cheapest and most easily obtainable resources first, and then move on to more expensive and harder obtainable ones. Oil is the most easily obtainable resource right now. And it is relatively cheap because the infrastructure for it is already in place.

Do you have any idea how much the new infrastructure for ethanol/biofuel/hydrogen or whatever will cost? Lets just say some Conoco Phillips and Exxon/Mobil investors won't be getting their fat divident check for a decade. So guess what- no dividend check- no business. Who cares whats good for the country.

Oh yeah and lets drain Mid East of oil because we are smart like that - NOT. Strategic interest to make Middle East weaker? Yeah I guess thats the way to weaken them- pump hundreds of billions of dollars into their authoritarian regimes. By buying their oil, at the price they set, US is doing exactly what middle East wants it to. And both sides couldn't be happier.

[edit on 16-7-2006 by maloy]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Iran will get theirs...

Just let them keep spewing off at the mouth issuing threats.
Let them continue to openly support terrorists.
They will get what is comming to them "the gov, not the people as a whole"

I think the west is letting things get out of control as an excuse to use for when its time for action and not just words... Keep talking iran...

US will get theirs...

Just let them keep threatening countries around the world with their Axis Of Evil witch hunt.
Let them continue to openly support some of the worst dictatorships on earth, and countries to whom civilian casualties of others are simply collateral damage (Israel attacking Lebanon).
The US government will surely get what comming to them, but I am afraid the people will suffer, just like innocent people suffered in Afganistan, Iraq, Vietnam, etc.

I think the world is letting things get out of control, as an exuse for hunting terrorists. US is becoming a world wide hyperpower, threatenting anybody that dares to disagree. Keep waging your wars America.... and your time will come.

Yeah it goes both ways really.

[edit on 16-7-2006 by maloy]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Why is the only option War?

War, War, War. Hasn't anyone considered that all possible solutions should be exhausted first. I'm sick of hearing about War, killing, oil, power.

Perhaps no-one should have nuke capability, NO-ONE!!! That would be the basis of easily stopping any rogue nations to have it too. Why is it ok for one country to have it and not another, I don't understand this selective ruling.

war, war, war.....gotta love this festering boil of a world these days.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
True- the absense of nukes would probably make the world safer. But since the Western countries already have arsenals up to the necks, why can't everyone else. If there is one thing US and Europe showed the world, is that they are very agressive towards each other and everyone else (both World Wars, colonization, etc.). So the rest of the world might as well get their hands on some.

On the other hand, think of all of the conflicts nukes have prevented. Without nukes, sure real wars would have broke out again between Idnia and Pakistan, between Soviet Union and Western Europe. If two countries have nukes, there is very very low possibility of them ever getting into an actual war with each other. In a perfect scenario, if everyone had nukes, there would be no wars.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The reason we back israel is because Israel basically controls the US and Jews own all of our media outlets.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy
In a perfect scenario, if everyone had nukes, there would be no wars.

I can't imagine a mind that concludes that a perfect scenario is one where everyone has nuclear weapons.

Surely in a perfect scenario, there are no nukes, no wars, each country works towards economic prosperity and trade and allowing it's citizens to live and work in peace. Don't tell me this is not possible. Despite that, it's not going to happen, that's the sad fact about it.

You have to understand that many people across the globe see the US as war machine that sees the need to police the world and increase it's power and control at every opportunity. Don't get me wrong, I'm not necessarily saying I am one of them but lets just say that N.Korea or Iran were viewed that way and they had nukes. Imagine for a moment that the US, the UK and various allies didn't have it. Wouldn't those countries be hell bent on making sure they did get the capability and pretty toot sweet.

Now, if that fake scenario didn't sound scary enough to the citizens of those countries, lets also now say that Iran and N Korea can step in and say "HEY you Americans/Brits whatever, you can't have them, only we can have them".

How would you feel? Vulnerable perhaps, maybe even scared but probably angry at the unfairness of it all, a travesty of justice.

If you are able to imagine this then you have reached empathy and a clearer vision on what else can be done to resolve the worlds problems. Unfortunately, this is not in the script, this is not what the US seems to want. The US will not relinquish any power and arguably why should they. But where does that leave us?

War. Great, what a joy, peace is such a bore, theres no power, money and glory with peace, so no one wants it. Only those of us that don't have a say in the matter.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
Iran decides to reject demands it freeze sensitive nuclear work: report

Wow that's a shock, UN resolutions usually work(not).

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The US has only been around for a few hundred years, yet it is the only super power left. Why? Freedom and opportunity.

Many other countries don't have freedom or opportunity, so the governments fight and fight until they see gains in money or power. This makes them feel good while the people of those countries suffer.

Everyone rags on the US, but what other country supports the world like they do? Bill Gates gives more money away then most countries do, but we are called the "great satan" or have some secret agenda to control the world. How about the US has an agenda to free the world from improper behavior and let everyone enjoy the freedom and opportunity that the US offers all of its citizens. I don't see people trying to illegally cross the border into Iran or North Korea and start a new life.

Iran will have a change of leadership. The amount of young people there that want to change how things are understand this won't happen with those who are currently governing that country. Once they can get organized and help educate all those who don't have a clue about the way of life they can live, things will change.

Iran rejecting the offers put forth makes we wonder about the pride of that country. If the entire world was giving me a chance to let my country get help in many areas why not let them? All this for freezing nuclear development.

Nobody has ever said that Iran can't start this back up in the future, they just want it to stop now. How hard is that to understand? I feel Iran screwing its own people by not letting the world help them. Ignorance or pride, either way those in that region are suffering while the rest of the world continues to advance.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
You make some points I can understand and some I can't NJ. Regardless of that, my point is that if you want to make changes in the world, why does it have to be with artillery and soldiers.

At what point in our future does war end? We now have global communcation systems, satellites, almost a one world language in english. Immigration has allowed many people from all over the world to live peacefully with many others of all different ethnic backgrounds and race. Yet we are unable (as a species) to resolve disputes without fighting.

IMHO, the US should be showing the way to the world, leading by example and that example should be peace, prosperity and diplomacy.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
How is US helping the world? By liberating it like they did with Iraq? No thanks, I rather not receive that sort of help.

What US does not realize is that much of the world does not want its help- because its help somehow ends up mostly benefiting the US itself. US only helps those, from whom it can benefit. Why does US no longer care or give a **** about whats going on in Africa, like Sudan? Because US can't gain anything from helping Africa. By "helping" in Middle East though, US can create military outposts there, and insure a steady from of petroleum.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I symathise with your words,

What,s the point of forcing a democracy on a country that neither wants or respects it.

In the immortal words of John Lennon

LET IT BE..

Tolerance to me is best described to me as allowing a belief and practise with which you do not believe or follow

So freakin what if a legal system seems barbaric??

After all .
USA still supports the death penalty in many states
USA alone used nukes against another nation
USA is allowed to research chemical and biological weapons,missile tests etc
USA has been proven time and time again to use false flag tactics to further their needs

What,s good for the goose..

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mehran
So what if we did, your in Iraq and Afghanistan there is no way you can touch us.

actually, we have you surrounded.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
That story is incorrect, Iran has said it will decide on August 22, stop trying to spin everything just like the media is. Bush and Israel want to turn this into a war against Iran and we all know it. AboveTopSecret will ban people for hoaxing but they allow these government spin doctors freedom to do and say whatever they want.

We will be at war with Iran because the American people just can seem to think for themselves. Bush could say that Iran has a tuna sandwich and you'd be all for bombing the crap out of them. You need to stand up against these liars and take your country back. Attacking Iran will open up a whole different can of worms and it will be the end of democracy for this country as you know it.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join