Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Iran decides to reject demands..

page: 1
1
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Iran decides to reject demands it freeze sensitive nuclear work: report
Nuclear enrichment

As though things were not going bad enough at the moment.Now America has the excuse to forcibly end their nuclear research program

I have a feeling the excrement is heading at high speed towards that fan


mod edit, spelling/grammar

[edit on 16-7-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]




posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I fear Agent that you are correct.

Both Nations are Intent on not backing down from their previous positions
And with Israel Blaming Iran over the events of the last few days it doesnt help matters.



posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
iran has every right to reject it

they have the right to enrich uranum and so on for peacefull nuclear power if the US and co cant except they should go screw them selves


the US wont go in forcefully with its troops and ships in range of iranian missiles
casuilty would be high for the US (unless they are expendible?)



posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
iran has every right to reject it

they have the right to enrich uranum and so on for peacefull nuclear power


I think you're missing the point, bodrul.

The President of Iran just days ago 'called for the permanent removal of Israel'.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now if they had the capability to enrich uranium for nuclear power, it would be just a matter of time. before they started to experiment with nuclear weapons.

This is already a very dangerous region. I don't think we need to have Iran possessing the ability to start a nuclear war.



posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
iran has every right to reject it

they have the right to enrich uranum and so on for peacefull nuclear power if the US and co cant except they should go screw them selves


the US wont go in forcefully with its troops and ships in range of iranian missiles
casuilty would be high for the US (unless they are expendible?)



Don't give the iranian missles too much credit.

ANd if the nuke research was peacefull they would be building the infrastructure to move that power .

THe US can bomb the hell out of irans nuke sites. Sf teams can do whatever else is needed. No occupation needed.

If iran was to openly attack american troops they would be inviting much worse then is already comming.



posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm more concerned with Iranian "terror cells" in the US that are just waiting for a "go" sign. I know I read somewhere Iran's President already stated somethign to that effect. Maybe not in the US, but US interests.



posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Welcome to McDonalds, would you like a Mullah Meal with cheese?

Sadly, this could be it folks WW3. The Western World vs. The Middle East.

Well at least I will turn 29 and have a great b-day party before it all comes crashing down.

-ADHD



posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32


I think you're missing the point, bodrul.

The President of Iran just days ago 'called for the permanent removal of Israel'.


and like others you dont see the bigger picture
he said zionist regieme look into it


Originally posted by American Madman

Don't give the iranian missles too much credit.

ANd if the nuke research was peacefull they would be building the infrastructure to move that power .

THe US can bomb the hell out of irans nuke sites. Sf teams can do whatever else is needed. No occupation needed.

If iran was to openly attack american troops they would be inviting much worse then is already comming.



i just dont underestimate irans capibility to strike back if the united states should decide to attack Iran,
the US may have the power to wipe iran out (what else do you expect from a nation that is founded on blood and greed) and built for war


if the united states strikes Iran then the US would be inviting Iran to bomb the crap out of the war ships and troops in the gulf and also turn Iraq into a larger blood bath for us troops

/problem with some americans on this forum is they underestimate their foes
i bet these people thaught Iraq would have been a walkthrough

[edit on 15-7-2006 by bodrul]



posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Founded on blood and greed... lmao

What country isn't founded on bloodshed?

ANd greed? What country isn't greedy?

There isn't a piece of land on the globe which hasn't been faught over.

Iran bombs american ship with what exactly?

Iraq is not as bad as the media makes it out to be. The terrorists supported by iran and syria are more interested in targeting civilians and keeping the country in chaos then they are in defeating or even fighting americans.

Another great miscalculation. Drawing america and israel into a wider more open war with countries such as iran and syria is playing into americas hand.

Thats the last thing wither rogue regime wants.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by American Madman]



posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Madman


Iraq is not as bad as the media makes it out to be. The terrorists supported by iran and syria are more interested in targeting civilians and keeping the country in chaos then they are in defeating or even fighting americans.

Another great miscalculation. Drawing america and israel into a wider more open war with countries such as iran and syria is playing into americas hand.

Thats the last thing wither rogue regime wants.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by American Madman]


your so right i mean americans arent been blown up by IEDs
americans dont go around revenge killing

your right i mean Iran and syria have armed and trained more terrorists then the untied states put together that target cuvilians i mean alquaida is just a fairy tale and something that over 6 billion people are helousinating i mean come on the united states training and supporting such a group, now thats way out of the picture

the united states is the largest state sponsor of terrorists
look into your own backyard before preaching about terrorist sponsors over 15 000 miles away in the east

lol at rougue regieme the US should know best about rogue regiemes its got a history with supporting them when it comes to their selfish reasons.

go america playing Iran into your hand



posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
iran has every right to reject it

they have the right to enrich uranum and so on for peacefull nuclear power if the US and co cant except they should go screw them selves


the US wont go in forcefully with its troops and ships in range of iranian missiles
casuilty would be high for the US (unless they are expendible?)



So it doesn't bother you that Iran lied for nearly 20 years about their nuclear program to the IAEA/UN, in direct violation of the NPT? In my opinion, they sacrificed their entitlement to enrich uranium when they did that - at least until they've regained the trust of the IAEA. Then Russia offers to do them a favor by enriching uranium - they decline. The EU offers them an incentives package, which would easily cover their "peaceful" nuclear energy requirements (with a few conditions no doubt, seeing as they lied before...) and still the won't play ball. Not to mention their nutjob leader calling for Israel's destruction every other week...

The sooner their nuclear facilities are a smoking crater, and their military knocked back to the dark ages, the better



posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul


your so right i mean americans arent been blown up by IEDs
americans dont go around revenge killing

the united states is the largest state sponsor of terrorists

lol at rougue regieme the US should know best about rogue regiemes its got a history with supporting them when it comes to their selfish reasons.



How many americans have died? how many Iraqis have been killed by terrorists? Just because they kill an occasional american doesn't mean they aren't targeting civilians primarily.

Largest state sponsor of terrorism? please explain. What when we helped afghans kick the russians out.

What country doesn't act in their own interest?

And please revenge killings. None have been proven and how many have been reported? 2... I'm not saying they haven't happened but 2 incidents is nothing to condemn a people for.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by American Madman]



posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Madman
How many americans have died? how many Iraqis have been killed by terrorists? Just because they kill an occasional american doesn't mean they aren't targeting civilians primarily.

Largest state sponsor of terrorism? please explain. What when we helped afghans kick the russians out.

What country doesn't act in their own interest?

And please revenge killings. None have been proven and how many have been reported? 2... I'm not saying they haven't happened but 2 incidents is nothing to condemn a people for.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by American Madman]


lets see last figure was over 1500 US troops and rising, also there are diffrent people fighting in Iraq,
those that primaryly target US forces others which are linked to AQ that dont care who they target.

the united states is the largest state sponsor of terrorists because it has armed and trained the largest amount of terrorists for their own agenda and when that agenda is finsihed those thugs wreak havok on others.

the americans only helped the afgans because it suited its intrests in that time period not because of the good of the afgan people.

read into it

again read through this section of the forum and you will read about US service men and revengae attacks

i didnt say its only the US that acts in its won intrests read my replies in other topics i have said the same about Iran and so forth
i use the US alot because it is the only nation that does it the most


sorry i didnt explain everything or spelling errors its just passed 2am and i have work in the morning and im dead tired



Originally posted by Curio
The sooner their nuclear facilities are a smoking crater, and their military knocked back to the dark ages, the better


its this kind of attitude that makes me agree with what Iran does

hopefully not all americans think ur way

[edit on 15-7-2006 by bodrul]



posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Any nation has a right to develop the weapons it deems necessary for its own defense and power (whether its North Korea, China, Israel, Iran, or San Marino)- especially if the top agressor in the world today already has enough to kill off everyone on earth (that would be US). US made up this "Axis of Evil", and it now trying to prevent these countries from adequetely defending themselves. Yes Iranian president is a wild card- but he is just a face for the media- but Iran is still controlled primarily controlled by the ultra conservative Mullahs. They are not going to start a war with Israel- especially with US occupation (liberation? not really) forces in between. I am confident that the nukes are for self defense. And as the threat of US attack increases, Iran's pace to develop nuclear weapons also increases. In fact US threats are the stimulus for Iran's nuclear program.

Luckily US and its NATO pals aren't the only big dogs in the world. It is a good thing for world balance, that China and Russia are siding with Iran and NK about this. Their influence in UN is gonna stop any action there, and their increasing help to Iran lessens the chances of US attack

I also heard that Russian scientists working in Iran, are being strategically kept near the nuclear facilities. US will not risk endangering the lives of those scientists.


Well if you look at it, Iran is pretty much the card that controls oil prices now. Mostly all other major oil producing nations in the Middle East, and the world are pro-US, and there is low risk of them lowering supply. However as I heard on the news, oil prices maight now go up quickly because of crisis in Lebanon, and Iran being expressively against Israeli (and American) actions. If Iran decides to cease exporting oil to the West, its customers will have to look elsewhere, and decreased supply will be coupled with increased prices. Things are not looking well for US with Venezuela either, but at least it is not threatening to cease exports. US needs to subdue Iran, or its WOT plans are screwed- as if they weren't already.



posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Russia did the same thing with vietnam. They had operators at sam site, and pilots even reported seeing russian pilots in the migs buzzing them. In the end they won't stop anything if the US decides to act.

Btw UN action didn't stop US action in Iraq did it?

Um, Iran has been threatining the US openly for a long time. The US is calling for action against Iran only because of the Nukes. Using the US as a reason for Iran developing nukes is weak they would be doing anyway.

The sooner gas gets out of control price wise the sooner the US gets off it and on to something new. We are already gearing up for change. COnsidering Europe pays about 4 time what we pay per gallon I think we're ok for now.
[edit on 15-7-2006 by American Madman]

[edit on 15-7-2006 by American Madman]



posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Madman
Russia did the same thing with vietnam. They had operators at sam site, and pilots even reported seeing russian pilots in the migs buzzing them. In the end they won't stop anything if the US decides to act.


They won't stop them, but it'll add to the aleady anti-US sentiments in Russia.


Originally posted by American Madman
Um, Iran has been threatining the US openly for a long time. The US is calling for action against Iran only because of the Nukes. Using the US as a reason for Iran developing nukes is weak they would be doing anyway.


How exactly did Iran threaten the US. The only threats Iran issued, were about the counter attack against US forces if US decides to attack Iran. Iran is not a threat to US. They would never attack US first, much like NK wouldn't, and Iraq wouldn't have. If you really try, you could accuse any nation of being a threat to US, as a pretense for military action against it. If I think some guy that lives across town is threatening me because he has a shotgun in the closet and looked at me the wrong way, does that give me a right to go into his house and kill him and his family?


Originally posted by American Madman
The sooner gas gets out of control price wise the sooner the US gets off it and on to something new. We are already gearing up for change. COnsidering Europe pays about 4 time what we pay per gallon I think we're ok for now.
[edit on 15-7-2006 by American Madman]


Do you realize that US and Europe are the reason for gas being in control price wise? US has no intentions to get off gas, untill the whole world has been dried of the stuff. Western corporations (Halliburton, Chevron, Conoco Phillips, BP, Shell, Exxon, etc.) have no intentions for getting off oil, because they would lose billions. And what western corporations want, the western government gives them. If US is going to decrease its use of oil as you say, why then is it so quickly shuffling to gain control of oil-producing regions of the world with any cost necessary? Oil and vital resources are the basis of US foreign policy for at least the next two decades.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by maloy]



posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curio


So it doesn't bother you that Iran lied for nearly 20 years about their nuclear program to the IAEA/UN, in direct violation of the NPT?


This is how i understand it :



www.hinduonnet.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Though it is often claimed that Iran had "concealed" its enrichment program from the IAEA "in violation of the NPT" until it was "caught cheating" in 2002, the fact is that Iran was not obliged to inform the Agency about those facilities at the time since according to Iran's safeguards agreement with the IAEA in force at the time, "Iran is not required to allow IAEA inspections of a new nuclear facility until six months before nuclear material is introduced into it." In fact, it was not even required to inform the IAEA of their existence until then, a point conceded by Britain at the March 2003 Board of Governors meeting. This `six months' clause was a standard part of all IAEA safeguards agreements. Nonetheless, Iran allowed intrusive inspections of the facilities by the IAEA pursuant to the Additional Protocol, and the IAEA concluded that the facilities were not related to any secret nuclear weapons program.(Iran and the invention of a nuclear crisis by Siddharth Varadarajan



posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Madman
Um, Iran has been threatining the US openly for a long time. The US is calling for action against Iran only because of the Nukes. Using the US as a reason for Iran developing nukes is weak they would be doing anyway.


Pure rubbish.

In fact it is the other way around America is the one that has been threatening Iran for a long time :

www.nytimes.com...










.



posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   

its this kind of attitude that makes me agree with what Iran does

hopefully not all americans think ur way


So you basically are fine with Iran giving the UN/IAEA "the finger" and getting away with developing WMD then? It's a good job there are people (unlike you) who are willing to make tough decisions and act in order to uphold international law.

The world isn't perfect. The US does some bad things. So does the UK, Israel, Russia, China, etc, etc. But you have to draw the line somewhere. Iran should not be allowed to continue down there current path.

Also remember that it's not just America who are fed up with Iran now - even Russia and China are struggling to find any sympathy with them.



posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
So what if we did, your in Iraq and Afghanistan there is no way you can touch us. Yes I admit it were going for nuclear bombs and we have them but that's not going to stop us.





new topics

top topics



 
1
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join