It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are Rods ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:
XL5

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I know that I could get alot of "rods" on film. I have seen them with my own eyes but only if I don't follow any bugs with in my vision. I just focus on something far away and stand in a shadow, if they are in the light, I will see them.

LOL I could make a "rods" web site and start selling lots of videos of "proof", I could make lots of money!

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Atsguy, it has been recreated dozens of times. And please people, you can't just create non-existent dimensions such as a "magnetic realm" in order to suit your theory. Rods are optical illusions, case closed.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I've heard of these too...I think there are some 'rods' that are insects of some sort, but there are also more...hmm... difficult to explain ones, I'd like to believe it is perhaps an unclassified species, or possibly an enigmatic creature... Though that would be highly hard to prove.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
So here again from the www.wikipedia.org:

Description

Rods gain their name from their rodlike shape. However, they have also been called "skyfish" and "solar entities". They appear to be anywhere from 5 inches to 3 feet in length (about 15 to 90 cm), and is thought to have a thin membrane across their axis that is used for propulsion through the air. Their behavior as captured on film leads studiers of the phenomenon to posit they are a kind of "air-fish", moving in a similar fashion to fish in water, and having a body like that of a jellyfish.
[edit]

Theories

Rods are not taken seriously even by most cryptozoologists, who tend to look on them as forteana. Much evidence points to the conclusion that they are mere tricks of light that affect the camera eye. In particular, the fast passage before the camera of an insect flapping its wings has been shown to produce rod-like effects, due to motion blur. Additional criticism points to the very speed of the film being physically unable to capture something that moves so fast. Their recent popularity seems to be a result of media exposure in television tabloids. Jose Escamilla, who runs the website RoswellRods.com, has appeared in numerous interviews and television "investigations".
[edit]

Flying Rod Mystery Solved

In the early autumn of 2005, news bulletins in China and Hong Kong reported on a story which debunked the flying rods. Surveillance cameras in a research facility in Jilin supposedly captured video footage of flying rods identical to those shown in Jose Escamilla's video. The curious research staff of the facility, being scientists, decided that they would attempt to catch one. Huge nets were set up and the same surveillance cameras captured rods flying into the trap. When the nets were inspected, the "rods" were no more than regular moths and other flying insects. Subsequent investigations proved that the appearance of flying rods on video was an optical illusion created by the slower recording speed of the camera (done to save video space).

This discovery has, however, been quietly ignored by those in the business of "researching" the flying rod phenomenon, as their wealth and fame could obviously be shattered with such a revelation. The myth is thus allowed to persist.
[edit]

Reproducing the "Flying Rod" Effect on Video

First, find a place with lots of flying insects. Then set your digital camera (on video mode) or camcorder to its slowest exposure speed (1/60 second is the slowest speed for an NTSC camcorder). Aim the camera to a fixed spot with insects flying left and right, and start recording. Lighting the target area with a light source will enhance the rod-like effect as light is reflected from the flying insect. The resulting video footage will have flying rod-like effects in place of the flying insects.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
well i thought there were real but know i have been silenced.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
So looofo, are you saying that all images or videos of these Rods are really bugs? What is your theory of the images from NASA's SOHO?

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Well Stari, I've already told you my opinion on those pictures... They prove nothing except that there are solar flares on the sun.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I know blue.. that is why I was asking looofo.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Reading this thread... dark room... open window. A Rod just flew inbetween my monitor and I. It came back around and landed on my screen so I killed it. It was a bug... sorry everybody -- not Alex Rodriguez.

yeah.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Most cases of rods are just bugs.. it was debunked on Proof Positive on one of the days I went channel surfing.. though some rods may be more because I have noticed in some videos that even slowed to they had a shape.. though I cant say for sure im guessing they figured they got debunked and photo shopped it

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I'm just gonna guess and say that RODS are either bugs flying really fast in front of a camera, or are a species of insect that are so fast, they can only be captured on CAMREA... but the majority of my vote goes towards regular bugs flying really fast in front of a video camera.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
A fair few rods in this night-vision footage, from inside a cemetery:

www.majda.net...

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
theres two kinds of rods small white winged ones that fly close to the earth and black ones high in the atmosphere recorded to be 500ft long in some cases and travelling at thousands of miles per hour, what in the hell does that sound like?
i caught one on film years ago i did not see it with my own eyes but my camera did and while playing it back you could hear it rip through the air.
i beleive their both mechanical our british government talked of 6inch spyplanes before.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMajestic
i caught one on film years ago i did not see it with my own eyes but my camera did and while playing it back you could hear it rip through the air.
i beleive their both mechanical our british government talked of 6inch spyplanes before.

I found a Rod flying on Mars and lot's of them flying around our Sun. Do you believe those are spyplanes from the British also?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thiopental sodium

i have seen that tape and i have seen those rods travel singular without the illusion as they appear in groups.
i dont think it is an illusion and there are other rod types than just that tape shows.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Stari

i've not heard of rods in space stari, in my limited perception i dont know what their purpose would be other than research its interesting.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I watched a video awhile back and I remember it saying Rods were alien types of aircrafts but it wasn't sure the use of them. I dont know if that's true but I just wanted to put in my input.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Hi all,

Just thought id add something about these "rods".

I was watching this video of some BASE Jumpers and you can actually see these unidentified flying creatures, flying around the jumpers.

For anyone thats interested here is the link. When the link opens scroll down to the last video.

Happy Viewing < o >

Link: www.aerialextreme.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I still think they're a trick of the camera. The pretty recent History Channel show Monster Quest will be doing an entire episode about Skyrods on January 9th (wednesday) if you want to learn more about them

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Was watching this video today and saw some rods at 20-21 seconds, real close and there.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join