It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are Rods ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Can't remember to have seen a single rod in this video.
Ok, on 2 or 3 occasions there are some white dots that change direction, btw very intersting, but only white dots, not rods.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This is true. What do you think the objects are flying around our Sun? They are very interesting because on most of them you can see one end of the object is still and the other is blurry. This suggests the object is propelling itself.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
All evidence suggest that rods are optical illusions caused by the camera that isnt' fast enough to capture the flying insect/whatever so it gets blurred. I mean, look at the spacing between the line of rods...PERFECT intervals.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
personally i think that is basically all bull$@#^%@#^ no offense and sry for the presumed cursing. There are hundreds of videos that hold evidence in them that rods are real. One such video was a expidition of a ditch/wall climber, in the video you could see hundreds possibly thousands of rods flying everywere...i remeber that this was onyl seen on the camera and the picture was clear and perfect. It was a documentary on the discovery channel and no i dont no if were the video is...if you would like to learn more check out some stuff on the discovery/science channel.com

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Here is a really good article on flying rods. It is a series of experiments that was undertaken by a researcher/writer and printed in the Fortean Times. (Sorry if this has been linked to previously).

www.forteantimes.com...

The apparent existence of a newly discovered, or even entirely new, species of flying creatures has been touted by members of the UFO community and others for a few years now. While proponents for the "rods'" existence have presented plenty of evidence, primarily in the form of digital video footage, little independent research or investigation into the phenomenon has taken place. In this exlusive article, Michael Merchant, puts forward his case for rod reality.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
yah ATSGUY, i have seen that footage too. It was on a news show and there actually were hundreds of rods flying around and they even showed a bird trying to capture one...

the sad fact is that the media embellishes truths and makes dramatic headlines so that more people will watch their show. What would bring in more viewers, a show about a bunch of rock climbers or a show about extraterrestrial spirits in the form of rods living in a dark cave?

There was another news story about the chupacabra on the same channel. The newscast was interviewing this guy who saw a large animal jump onto his roof with a chicken in its mouth. All throughout the show, the farmer NEVER says the word chupacabra and even hints to it being a wildcat, but after he leaves the newscast says the word chupacabra two dozen times.

XL5

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
If these ROD's in space are so large, where are the dead ones just floating about, how would something so huge not be sucked into earths gravity after it dies?

Where are the dead rods on earth? Every living thing dies!

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
do bugs travle in a magnetic realm?. if this is right, they can use there kenetic energy "wings" to tap into zero energy, creating a megnetic barria around its self, and to slow time down and quicklly manover

what your seeing it the colour spectrum of what the bug is going thru
and the magnetic wave surrounding it?

[edit on 17-2-2006 by skywatcher7]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
wow...that was a good explanation...They could also be interdimenional...or time traveling bugs that if we harnes their power WE COULD TRAVEL THROUGH TIME>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Dude, seriously. Everybody who thinks these videos or photos are good evidence are just WANTING to believe in something.

It LOOKS like rods, but again, over and over, it's an optical illusion. Ever seen those night time pictures where the lights are all long and skinny? It LOOKS like a glowing worm, but it's an opticla illusion...caused by the camera not having a shutter speed quick enough so really fast objects may travel a half a foot (or half an inch or half a yard) within ONE FRAME. That's why the crystal clear images are taken with super fast cameras.

GUYS, IT'S NOT HARD TO UNDERSTAND THIS. RODS ARE OPTICAL ILLUSIONS. EVER SEEN A SLOW MOVING ROD? THEY ARE ALWAYS REALLY FAST FLYING. So fast that the camera captures a blur. END OF THREAD.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
i really dont belive they are fake...i mean even cnn had a incident were they picked up one rod...i saw it live in bagdad.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
rods are not fake. they are optical illusions. optical illusions are real. you see them everyday like in night photos in national geographic or your mom's horrible photo album of pictures of your little cousin taking a swing of a bat at a baseball and the bat appears to be a big brown blob.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
wow...that was a good explanation...They could also be interdimenional...or time traveling bugs that if we harnes their power WE COULD TRAVEL THROUGH TIME>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

i think bugs that fly are all time travlers.
take a fly for instance, it has like purple metalic sort of looking wings.

the bug flaps its wings using kenetic energy, a magnetic barrier surrounds the fly, the fly now have the ability to slow down time and move pritty quicklly "to our eyes"

a bug has the ability to do this.. so do we. but a more evolved type

dont forget animals have a colour spectrum too
so what ever comes out of a magnetic wormhole will show the wave of magnetics

just thing of it like this...
an electric motor has to have a "pulse" if its going to generate enuf magnetic energy to susstain its self in the feild

a bug uses its own pulse type to TAP into the zpe feild.
"Zero-Point Energy"

we have the power to do this in our minds, yes i know your probbly thinking in a nutter, but we do.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
watcha say about my momma???

lol, jp, they are not optical illusions, Do you really think that all of peoples cameras, photographs, all have the same optical illusion happening in the different areas they were taken?

XL5

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It is not the area that makes the optical illusion happen, its the camera. All cameras that can pick up the blur of a fast object will be the source of this illusion.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by XL5
It is not the area that makes the optical illusion happen, its the camera. All cameras that can pick up the blur of a fast object will be the source of this illusion.

yes, exactly. seriously, how hard is it to not understand this???

the fact that "rods" can be seen ANYWHERE and ANYTIME (given a light source) further confirms that they are just optical illusions.

also:

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
check out this...3d rods

www.flyingrods.com...#

also here is the pic of the rod that was shown on cnn:

Know it is dark and there really isnt any light except the night vision that i really wouldnt think would produce a optical illusion.

[edit on 19-2-2006 by ATSGUY]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   

check out this...3d rods

www.flyingrods.com...#

also here is the pic of the rod that was shown on cnn:

Know it is dark and there really isnt any light except the night vision that i really wouldnt think would produce a optical illusion.

If the camera can see it, then you can still the optical illusion.

the wavy part of that "rod" are just wings captured by the camera. what was flying through the air at that moment was fast enough to move maybe 3 inches in one frame. i bet you a billion bucks that if you went one frame back, the "rod" would be either exactly it's own length back...or an interval of it's own length. AGAIN, that's because it's an optical illusion caused by the camera's slowness. ALSO, film at night requires a a MUCH MUCH slower shutter speed so you're gonna PRODUCE (as opposed to capture) much more rods out of flying things. If I threw a baseball really really super fast, I bet you it would look like a rod too (but without the wavy wings) through a normal speed camera.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Also, reading this tells me that you still aren't understanding how these "rod-like" optical illusions are created. It's NOT created by the environment...it's created by the CAMERA. Come on, guys!

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
ok ok fine...but do you think you can create the same effect?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join