It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Intel: Iranian Troops Helped Hezbollah Attack Warship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This bit caught my eye.

The intelligence official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the information, said about 100 Iranian soldiers are in Lebanon and helped fire the Iranian-made, radar-guided C-102 at the ship late Friday.

So Iran has men in Lebanon?

I know Fox is not a accurate source, but is this true?
Its one thing to wage a proxy war from the comfort of your own country, but sending in Iranian soldiers in quite another thing.

Here's more.

The official added that the troops involved in firing the missile are from the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, an elite corps of more than 200,000 fighters that is independent of the regular armed forces and controlled directly by supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

From here.
www.foxnews.com...

This is the ship the Iranian, Oops, Hezbollah guerillas damaged.

mod edit to use "ex" tags instead of "quote" tags
[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread189789/pg1]Quote Reference.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I heard the missile was c-802 Silkworm iranian made...

www.debka.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
You are probably right as Reuters say it was too.
Id believe them over Fox any day.

An Israeli military source said on Saturday that an Iranian-made C802 radar-guided land-to-sea missile with a range of 60 miles (95 km) hit and badly damaged the ship

From here.
The troops from Iran on Lebenon soil is what bothers me.

today.reuters.com... =tnBusinessNews&storyID=nL15606870

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

This bit caught my eye.

The intelligence official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the information, said about 100 Iranian soldiers are in Lebanon and helped fire the Iranian-made, radar-guided C-102 at the ship late Friday.

So Iran has men in Lebanon?

the cat & mouse game begins eh.
i.e. hezbollah didn't fire a sophisticated missile, Iranians did it
VS. it's all a disinformation ploy(by Israel) made to implicate Iran, and get the USA into the fray

....i'll tell you what, that source citing that Israeli Intell asserts Iran fired Missile,
is a couple of hours behind both myself and dozens or others around here that
deduced or suspected as much....see this thread: politics.abovetopsecret.com...
scroll to (post id: 2340750) 15-7-2006 @ 3:58 AM

StUdio

*example: The UAV attack on the blockade ship could not have been accomplished by the hezbollah fighters alone...this was most likely a select unit trained/from either Syria or Iran...testing their proficiency under combat conditions...

the only info then available was that the airborne object was a UAV instead of a missile...any mention of a rocket or missile by me or anyone else would have been dismissed as fantasy or speculation, hence the id as a 'UAV'

the rest of the picture is that...it has taken platoons of analysts, costing millions of dollars, and the veracity of the Israeli Intelligence &/or Mossad to come to a
similar conclusion as many on ATS deduced already...hezbollah isn't the only active combatants there in Lebanon

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Wrong link.

I heard on the news Hezbollah has even better missiles, which they have not used yet, Iranian made of course.

In total, Hezbollah has fired more than 700 rockets at Israel since fighting erupted on Wednesday, the army said. But Hezbollah has so far refrained from using the approximately 20 longer-range rockets it has at its disposal, a move that would likely broaden the scope of fighting to include Syria, and possibly even Iran.

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 15-7-2006 by Denied]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
Wrong link.

I heard on the news Hezbollah has even better missiles, which they have not used yet, Iranian made of course.

of course they do
Iran supplies and supports hazbullah and its cause just like the US supports extremeists in some cases for its intrests others just to get rid of dictator which it doesnt like anymore.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It was reported earlier that Lebanon has up to 2-300 Iranian soldiers in with Hezbollah who are firing the missles for them. Said Hezbolla is not trained to accurately fire and operate these missles and that a small group of Iranians are helping.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Israel has just called a state of emergency.

www.cnn.com...

Israel later declared a state of emergency for the northern Gallilee region, Foreign Ministry spokesman Mark Regev said.

So are they afraid, what purpose apart from closing places down does this serve?
Protect the general public?

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I agree that Iran has troops in Syria and lebanon helping Hezbollah, perhaps that is one of the main reasons also most of the weapons has been supplied by Iran.

No doubt about that

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
"By way of deception, thou shalt do war".

Iranians in lebanon oOoOoOoOoO
Now they claim state of emergency.
Next they will say OBL was sighted or #2 man was sighted by unnamed sources having top-level talks with Hizbollah leader in beirut

They did this in Iraq too with false intel intended to get the USA into invasion mode. They also sucked the Christian Phalangist of Lebanon into their war in Lebanon over 20 years ago and ended up throwing the whole country into a civil war of Christian -vs- Muslim when they massacred the Palestinians of Sabra. Exactly what they did to us now here in the USA.

Pie

top topics

join