It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Insensitivity

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Sorry, Semper, my friend. I'm 100% with WCIP on this one.

In fact, I think it's more despicable that Bush uses 9/11 again and again to manipulate the public, raise his approval and attempt to win elections than it is for Democrats to use the effects of war to drive home the fact that we need a change.

Our people are dying in this 'war' and it needs to stop. There's nothing that can be done about those who died on 9/11. But we can prevent more death in Iraq and throughout the middle east. We need a change. If things don't change, the 2500 or so who have died there will be a small number compared to those who will die.

It can be prevented.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Dang im gone for a couple hours and everybodies all anegray. lol

Anyways DG you gotta vote darlin...i see where you are coming from and have long discussions with people about exactly what you are saying...but the problem is that we already have voter apathy that in some instances far out strips those who show up. And it hasnt really done anything....when the people in charge only care about your Dems - 550 Reps - 551 making the exit polls show that number imho would do nothing. I trully believe that many if not most Americans realize that thier voice doesnt really matter unless EVERYONE can agree and considering the diversity of cultures, morals, and values the likelihood of that happening is generally slim to none.

That aside something does need to be done. Maybe something radical maybe not. Democracies can careen wildly towards the edge of reason and logic and suddenly spin right back to center....its one of the UPs or downs, depending on your pov, in our form of Government. However, getting all of your friends and all of thier friends and so on and so forth and getting people who dont normally vote to vote...now that....that would be something that they couldnt fight. You make sure your vote is counted....you demostrate before and after you vote....cameras LOVE protesters it sells.... Apathy is what the political elites want in this country because if your apathetic then you obviously dont deserve to have the rights you enjoy, or so they think.

We must vote and particpate in the traditional participation method...however that does not preclude us from also commiting acts of civil disobiedience in order to drive our messege home.

There are many MANY things that we can do outside of being violently resistant....all it takes is enough "leaders" amongst the "sheep" to lead the sheap towards greener pastures to borrow a cliche.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Darling Pom Pom,

I guess you're right.
I see the light. I just get so frustrated at all the lying from both parties that i say to myself, what's the sense? You go thru the motions, for what?? Just to be deceived in the end.
I guess it would be like cutting off our noses to spite our face. I understand *sigh* I would like to singlehandedly bring all this hate and chaos to an end...but i'm just one person...

And not too bright when i get upset, i might add.

Hey... but maybe we can save those horses.....

Take care love, DG.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
DG, you also must vote because only voters get to bitch about things afterward. If you don't vote, you lose your bitching rights.

I'm just sayin'...

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
BH,

hey, that's right!!!

Gotcha. Its a done deal.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

Originally posted by psyopswatcher
DJ, by not voting you'll be playing right into their hands--making it so much easier, and that's why he appreciates you.

In my view Insenitivities lead to intolerance. Or should I say requires Intolerance? And that is hardly what Liberty is about. Sure, you may be free to be intolerant. But those who chose to be so also chose a downward spiral that won't lead to any good, believe you that.

If they're looking for enlightment, it's the long way around.

How is it that you know why I appreciate DG???

Man!! It's difficult to not lose those points sometimes.

I appreciate DG because of her mind and ability to clearly see an issue.

Semper

And her abilities to communicate to others a damned good reason not to vote. All she'd need then is a convoluted act of appreciation to set it in action full swing and there's a block of bloggers with their gutchies twisting in the wind.

Semper, I call bull#e on that. I know who your heroes are, and how they operate. Those you hold in esteem are the masters of your conscious and subconsious mind.

Those with insensitive political attitudes will prey on the sensibilities of anyone willing to listen to that disturbed reasoning they call Talk Radio. It is outrageously funny at times, to the point that I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Now, when you said 'off the transport from Lebanon' at Dover, were you one of the marines from the Beirut bombings in the early 80's? I was stationed in Rota at that time and worked Shore Patrol when the fleet was bringing them home. The whole base took up a collection and the beers flowed free at the clubs that night. Our biggest worry was how the Jarheads and Seabees were going to get along--always a fight when the fleet was in town. But not a single one broke out that time even though we were prepared with our nightsticks and kubatons to stop them if they did.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
DJ, can't tell you who to vote for, Dems, Green, an Independent, Libertarian even... but here's what the Republicans stand for in this day and age:

Today's Republican policies are antithetical to bedrock conservative fundamentals. There is nothing conservative about preemptive wars or disregarding international law by condoning torture. Abandoning fiscal responsibility is now standard operating procedure. Bible-thumping, finger-pointing, tongue-lashing attacks on homosexuals are not found in Russell Krik's classic conservative canons, nor in James Burham's guides to conservative governing. Conservatives in the tradition of former senator Barry Goldwater and President Ronald Reagan believed in "conserving" this planet, not relaxing environmental laws to make life easier for big business. And neither man would have considered employing Christian evangelical criteria in federal programs, ranging from restricting stem cell research to fighting AIDs through abstinence.

...a personal epiphany. Authoritarian conservatives are, as a researcher told me, "enemies of freedom, antidemocratic, antiequality, highly prejudiced, mean-spirited, power hungry, Machiavellian and amoral."

Author: John Dean

~Machiavelli's Mouse

[edit on 16-7-2006 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
PO,

Yes, I was temp attached to the 24MAU, 3/6

Though not my parent unit, most of the STA unit personnel went over immediately after the bombing.

Semper

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Semper, my apologies for my little outburst yesterday. It's totally out of character for me, I usually just say nothing first. But I cannot stomach anyone offering encouragement, in any manner, to another citizen not to vote. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well brother, I'm with you on everyone voting.

That is for sure, but each of us has to make up our on mind. Forcing a vote is like forcing religion, takes any meaning out of it.

I respect everyone's decision, and it looks like you won her over.

Now if I can just get her to vote Republican.......

Yeah Right

Semper

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Brother? Hun, I'm a girl.

Well brother, I'm with you on everyone voting.

That is for sure, but each of us has to make up our on mind. Forcing a vote is like forcing religion, takes any meaning out of it.

I respect everyone's decision...

Let's agree on educated decision? Goes for getting religion too. My next big beef is brainwashing, which sadly in some sense can be mistaken for education.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I am unbrainwashable. I do change my mind sometimes when i listen to reason, though.

So here's the deal: You put in front of me a Democrat and a Republican. They'd better have a damn good case, and a darned good agenda. I have voted Republican in the past. YES_ME!!! So, lets see how it goes. Just dont give me anyone that has been affiliated with the current administration- not even posed for a picture with them....:shk:

I want someone NEW and FRESH. Is there anyone out there that meets this criteria?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Semper

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Semper

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
No sadly...

Or not sadly actually.

But take a good look at Lieberman, that is if he runs.

YES!! I know I am a Republican, but good ol' Joe makes a lot of sense.

Semper

ps. thanks for the vote of confidence DG!!!

Your TOPS!!! In my book.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Semper I hate to burst your bubble But good ole' joe as you soo lovingly reffered to him is not a democrat.....he can say he is but if you look at his voting patterns how inline with the president hes been etc etc iknow youve heard this before.

Hes just not a dem....and personally i dont trust him....if he runs for president in 08' i believe that it will not be to win but to split the democratic ticket....but thats just my observation.

I bet you money though he doesnt get reelected atleast not as a Dem....he might able to slip by on an independant ticket...but i really think that he has alienated his democratic base. But then again people are quirky you can never say with 100% certainty that they will vote one way or another.

As for voting for you for president...I think that would be like you voting for me for presdident

Anyways dont forget Joe is not a dem...atleast not according to his voting patterns.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I agree, but my point is he is not a Republican...

I am still pretty hard core Republican.

My problem is that I do not trust McCain.

It looks more and more like that is who my party is going to put up, that means I have to write Mickey back in and HE never gets elected!!!!

semper

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join