It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautiful Women and Makeup

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier
Natural beauty all the way!

I agree with RS...natural beauty is the way to go. But a little make up is good to go too....but just a little, too much looks too tacky, imo.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I'm kinda finding this funny actually. I will hear a lot of guys saying they like natural beauties and all that. Then later I will hear those same guys raving over some overly made up super model, actress, or musician.

Yay for hypocrisy!!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
lol i was thinking the same thing earlier. some make-up is applied so skillfully that it looks natural until you see the person without it. a lot of guys say they appreciate the natural beauty of a woman's face more than a face done up with make-up, but if forced to choose btwn two women (one with make-up and one with natural flaws such as zits, birthmarks, etc.) they'd more than likely choose the woman with the make-up.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian

Yay for hypocrisy!!!!

Hey, it's the American way!

All kidding aside, there are some good points brought here.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I actually like natural beauty. Sure the acresses that walk up and down red carpets all day look nice, at least untill the media finds something to "nail" them on and make them look evil and naive and put up a picture where they have no or a seriously failed set of makeup and the photo has the worst resolution since they invented 160x120. It's all about context, when your girlfriend or classmates or whatever go to prom or other finer parties of course they are allowed to put on some makeup to go along with the rest of the get-up, but on a daily basis I prefer them not to wear anything at all (not even clothes!
). It makes them seem like they're not hiding from anything. They can of course do whatever they want, as do I when I buy clothes or get tattoos or whatever. Oh well.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
It's a split so far.

Natural on one side; and a little bit of makeup on the other side.

It truly depends on the person, I guess.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I have seen some women with extremely heavy makeup on, they look very scary, like SCREAMING BANSHEES, not that I have seen one but what I imagine screaming banshees to look like should I ever meet one....

Comparing two girls, one with makeup and one without, both look equally pretty, I'll choose the one without makeup.(that is if looks was all I was after...)

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Wow, great thread! Kudos to the guy who outed himself about cross-dressing, good for you.

Back in the Stone Age, when I was a flight attendant, I always wore makeup. But I never wore very much. My mother taught me that makeup should enhance, not totally change your looks. Now that I'm older and living in the absolute outback country with horses, gardening, etc. , I find myself not bothering. I do feel as though I've made some huge stride, though, since I no longer feel as if I have to always wear makeup. It's nice not to bother with it. I still like to get dressed up, makeup included, every once in awhile. But as far as feeling as if I have to wear it, well, those days are over, thank Goddess. Hell, most days in the summer I don't even bother to put clothes on!

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ixiy
I have seen some women with extremely heavy makeup on, they look very scary, like SCREAMING BANSHEES, not that I have seen one but what I imagine screaming banshees to look like should I ever meet one....

Comparing two girls, one with makeup and one without, both look equally pretty, I'll choose the one without makeup.(that is if looks was all I was after...)

Honestly, I would hope you would base your decision on more than how much make-up they are wearing. There is more to take in consideration you know. Such as which one is nicer, which one you have more in common with etc...

But you know...who cares about personality right?

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I wear makeup, honestly, as kind of a security blanket. Most days, I feel prettier with it, despite what people tell me. And days that I feel prettier without it, I put it on anyways because I feel naked without it. Kind of sad isnt it? It also sounds really mean, but part of me feels like women who dont wear makeup are lazy. Dont bash me for that, its just a feeling probably rooted from living in this appearance-crazed society. I feel like I'm lazy if I dont get up and put on makeup. Just like if I dont take a shower or something. Its also comparable to people who assume all fat people are lazy. I cant help having that feeling.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I find that my morning ritual of applying make-up to be reflective. It allows for a little contemplation, a quiet spot in my morning, before the hustle-bustle of the day. Besides, it just makes me feel good about myself! Nothing wrong with a little self-maintenance!

Which begs the question, why is this so different from a man shaving before heading off to work, or before going out? I don't think there is really much difference. Women maintain themeselves one way, and men another.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Ok I consider myself decent looking in a human sense, but I still love makeup. That's my way of being artistic, because in my typical week time is something I don't get enough of. I love the dark eye makeup and if it were up to me I'd use my dragon mask everyday and dress up like it was halloween (Because it's so much fun!). I mean seriously...don't you get tired of looking at the usual generic biped apes everyday?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I hate make-up on women sorry. But actress are suppose to look cause the camera add 10-pound or something like that, and there are like dolls have to act like a certain way talk a certain way look a certain way so they can entertain us. Just like toys that why a hate make-up it so fake a little is ok but still don't like it. When a women wear no make-up it show there really ok with there self image and it show confidante's in there self.

There is an exception to that if there so wild with how much make-up they use it just them or they have fun with it like many women out there.

But the most important is there heart there personalty.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by El Che]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by El Che

But the most important is there heart there personalty.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by El Che]

In regards to girls with personalities allow me to quote my favorite book, American Psycho

A good personality consists of a chick with a little hard body, who will satisfy all sexual demands without being too slutty about things, and who essentially will keep her dumb f---ing mouth shut.

Makeup: Girls wear makeup because most men who have the option of standards choose girls based on their overall sex appeal. A hot girl looks more sexy with makeup therefore she is worthy of men such as myself.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
it has to do with their self-image. guys do a number on good looking women - many of us will use them, and then leave them (at least in the US)

they get in with the wrong people a lot of the time, because the wrong people are more 'fun'. they are then treated like dirt after a long period of questionable friendship/romance, and they start to think that they're not good enough. guys often do this to keep her around - if she thinks she can't get anyone better, she'll stick around.

it takes a lot of work to reverse that. sometimes it may not be possible.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I dont like makeup b/c that pulls you away from knowing what they really look like.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
I dont like makeup b/c that pulls you away from knowing what they really look like.

That's not true. Unless you are an expert make-up artist, make up doesn't hide features all that much.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
For all you who still think you like natural beauty I present you with this

Do you know who it is? Do you?

Maybe if I posted this pick with make up

Its Eva Longoria

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
If that before and after shot of Longoria isn't analogous to night and day, I don't know what is!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
i think if most guys were to see her looking like that (without make-up) on the street, they would think she was really cute. i think she looks really cute anyway. maybe it's just the fact that she looks so different with and without make-up that makes you think she doesn't look good natural.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join