It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautiful Women and Makeup

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
My question is, why do otherwise beautiful women think that they have to wear makeup to be attractive?

Especially the ones who use eye makeup (and over do it); a couple of hours later, they look like they have two black eyes. lol

Anyone else wonder why this is so?

I know a lot of it has to do with the brainwashing commercial advertisements, any other reasons?

I've had girlfriends that look spectacular, even the very first thing in the morning. I've tried to get them to let their natural beauty show, even to the point of leading to full-fledged arguments! Of which I lost, lol.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
and your saying all this with a Angelina Jolie avatar? Well I think you can find the problem there

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
She is a super chick so her goodness doesnt apply to the rest of the normal world.

I have tried to tell my girlfriend the same thing !!!
WTF ? Why does she always want to paint thier faces ?
One time I told her she looks fine with out make up while she was
putting it on, and I got a snap back. Any women that paint thier faces
want to comment on the logic of...well....painting your face ?

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
In my opinion, really beautiful women don't really need makeup, only the ugly ones do........ . I hope this comment doesn't put me in the BTS black book..hahaaa

Natural beauties are the best, they don't have to hid behind make-up like most women, although a little light make-up on them can still enchance their beauty further.

These days make-up isn't enough, they go for plastic surgery.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Women wear make-up because socity has made it where if they want to feel noticed they must wear make up.

M32 where in Chicago are?

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   

She is a super chick so her goodness doesnt apply to the rest of the normal world.

LMFAO!!

my chick never wheres make up and she looks fine all the time,

i on the other hand dress as a women in private so i believe a bit of make up adds the finishing touch...as to be fair....i make a very ugly women......

although pickle and nightboy seem to like it?...(winks)

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
My girl doesn't wear makeup too often, she still looks great. When she does, she wears it what I've always considered the "right" way, more for accent than war paint. That's what I've never understood--why the hell would you want to date a coloring book? It's one thing to want to bring out your natural beauty, but leave the putty knife in the toolbox.

Also imbalanced, as I'm sure you found out, if you're going for brownie points say that kind of stuff before they start to put it on. She was (probably) putting it on for you--because she wanted to look good for you--and if you say it while they're doing it or after they've done it, it's making it seem like they wasted their time. Tell her sometime when she's not wearing any makeup, and you guys aren't getting ready to go out somewhere. It probably won't stop her, but it probably won't get you snapped at.

Just my $0.02

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
M32 where in Chicago are?

Northside. Close to the lake.

Originally posted by optimus fett
i on the other hand dress as a women in private so i believe a bit of make up adds the finishing touch...as to be fair....i make a very ugly women......

ROFLMAO!! You did'nt just say that!!

Originally posted by MCory1
My girl doesn't wear makeup too often, she still looks great. When she does, she wears it what I've always considered the "right" way, more for accent than war paint.

Exactly!

I don't mind a little makeup. Nice subtle accents, if you will. But eye shadow that's too dark, or mascara that starts running later on. I don't like the 'raccoon' look.

Women, can't live with 'em, and you can't live without 'em!

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I am on the lake on the north side. 6171 N Sheridan.

Only for two more weeks, moving to Vegas.

Here you can see, in the back ground you can see on the building 6230.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Small World, I'm on Pratt, near lakewood!

It's about a mile away, I think.

you're around Granville

[edit on 7/15/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
Small World, I'm on Pratt, near lakewood!

It's about a mile away, I think.

you're around Granville

Correct I am on the lake side of Sheridan on Granville, we are about 2 miles a part. I'm in edge water.

It is a very small world.

I bet we have crossed paths.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

I bet we have crossed paths.

Yeah, I guess it would be more like two miles, since sheridan makes that turn.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I'm sure I can put a football game together before I leave, Interested?

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
No, that's okay.

But thanks for the offer, though.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ok, just know, I would never try to hurt you. I dont think your a bad person.
I have nothing against you. So any hard feelings should squashed.

I am very genuine, I figure football is nice american thing to do.My friends are very nice and would be very nice to you.

Joe

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Okay, back to the topic at hand...

I'd really like to hear from some of the women out there.

Do you wear makeup?

Does your boyfriend/husband/other* object at all?

Why do you wear makeup?

* equal opportunity all the way around. lol don't want to leave anyone out.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
People that use make up well dont even look like they wear makeup, its just accenting features that are already there.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I think I am relatively good looking. However I do have a slight acne problem so i do wear make-up to cover that. However one of the other reasons I wear make-up is because make-up is fun! it's fun to experiment with different looks and colors and what not.

By the way, men who are willing to dress like a lady in private for their significant others is awesome. More power to ya optimus!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
there are a few different reasons why we wear make-up. base make-up acts as a moisturizer and has an spf of 10. some women feel as though this is enough and stick with that. other women get into the eyeliners, lip colors, blush, eye colors, etc. for the most part i believe there are two reasons we paint our faces with the latter. one reason is because we do wish to be attractive and women are basically told that to be attractive, you have to work for it. you must have the right hairstyle, wear the right clothes, and wear the right make-up. oh, but we're all individuals so the "right" things always vary depending on things such as skin tone, face shape, and figure. lol anyway, the second reason is actually quite simple. it makes us feel good. again, this has a lot to do with the perception of what "pretty" is. we're in a world where we're being told that these things are an improvement. i've seen girls who have a natural beauty, but then i've seen girls who look completely different with make-up on. there are men who feel that the natural look is more attractive and that is wonderful, but face it... a lot of people out there don't think of it that way.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Natural beauty all the way!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join