It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About the "I Hate Ann Coulter" Thing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Well, we haven't been properly introduced yet, but I am the FSME for this forum.
This of course is all in keeping with the new push to jump start PTS into it's full potential.

Oh, and for those of you who haven't heard....part of the incentive plan is that applauses for PTS are currently running at 1500 pts per pop as of yesterday. See here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The "I hate Ann Coulter" culture definately seems to be all that is holding this forum together as of late. As much as I can appreciate the humor involved, and the fact that it has kept the forum from dying a slow death till now, there's got to be more to Political Figures than that.

However, if anyone wants to take a stab at a thread where all these Ann Coulter threads are linked with a brief description on each threads take (the purpose being to encourage further AC discussions to be posted there instead of starting new ones - does she really warrant being the top figure on this board?), that is the only AC applause you will see from me. Anyone who puts the time and effort into this will get an applause, so whoever can get this done first (and does a decent job of it - go for it). If I get multiples I will choose the best and request the others be closed and referred to the one picked for applause.

Edit: Actually you might get an applaud for a good effort even if yours is not chosen as the one to encourage people to use.....I'll think about that

Anyone up for the challenge?

[edit on 7/15/2006 by Relentless]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Hmmm..... no takers and no replies.

I guess I should point out this was a suggestion, but you the members do have a say in my feelings on this. If anyone disagrees with my view on this and is afraid to say so because they might be planning something original for this forum and you don't want to get on my bad side with the new point incentives at stake.....

I will state for the record now. I don't have a bad side - I look great from every angle.

Seriously, any applause I give will be for quality, whether I agree with you or not. In fact, I'm actually going to give applause to anyone who organizes the "I Hate Ann Coulter" stuff on one thread even when I think you're all wrong about that

Muhahahahahahah!

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hey every time she opens her mouth is to stick her foot in, occurs she makes news but yes you are right one thread should be enough.

Whenever something new comes out of her mouth I may say.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Perhaps true Marg - but come on - you have to give her credit for doing it better than anyone else.

[edit on 7/15/2006 by Relentless]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
you have to give her credit for doing it better than anyone else.

I know I am so jealous. . . after all she is making tons of money and she is always on prime news.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Oddly enough, Coulter is not even a political figure in the truest sense of the term. Coulter is a media figure, a pundit, if you will. Her opinions are meaningless, except as they give food for thought and sell books.

What is interesting, to me at least, is the fact that there is so little said about the rantings of the likes of Janeane Garofalo and Al Franken.

I would also like to point out that whereas I abhor the politics of both Garofalo and Franken, I will admit that I had a crush on Garofalo before I heard her express her political opinions and I will always admire Franken as an comic actor, regardless of his political leanings.

[edit on 2006/7/15 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Are we supposed to find something redeeming about this lady? *cough*

I am very sorry, but she is evil- her messages are so out there, at least Robertson's comments can be attributed to senility, but her?

I'll never forget her on O'Reilly and Hannity- She goes there to whine about the abusive treatment she receives all over the place, but in a sinister way...then laughs...like she doesnt know why "liberals" would take her the wrong way.

She is not to be compared to George Carlin. He is a genious. Anne is just a loud mouthed attention getter rabid heathen, who is practically giving away her books now because they wouldnt sell at full price.

She rubs people the wrong way and she loves it. I hope the next president is a flaming liberal and puts her away someplace- Guantanamo maybe.

top topics

join