It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hall of Fame (last updated 12/28)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
After about 30 seconds of careful but completely unilateral consideration, it is my honor to present the US Politics Forum Hall of Fame.

Here, beyond the "Hotlist" of generally informative/lively threads found in this post, exceptionally informative and insightful posts will be preserved with links to the original thread and individual post, as well as a pretentiously worded commendation.

The goal is that the most illuminating and thought provoking content on PTS be preserved in public view and not lost to in the back pages of the forum, so that future members may also be exposed to those ideas and test them or build upon them.

The US Politics FSME (currently myself), the PTS Councilor, and all Moderators and above are welcome to unilaterally induct posts for the time being, though a more rigorous review process may at some later date be instituted.

Though this thread will not be locked (to ease FSME and Councilor management of the thread) members are asked not to post here, as the only subject considered "on-topic" here is the induction and display of hall of fame posts.

My thanks in advance to all of our contributors, especially those who will one day be honored here, and to all of those who take the time to make those posts worthwhile by reading and responding.

Hot Threads
National Retail Sales Tax Discussion
Is Illegal Alien Crime Destroying America?

[edit on 28-12-2006 by The Vagabond]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Thread
Single Post

Description
In a nutshell, this thread discusses scientific evidence suggesting that the brain of a politically affiliated subject will actively defend its preconcieved notions by dealing with contradictions in its own beliefs through emotional and conflict-resolving portions of the brain rather than the center of reasoning, and upon completing this task, will issue itself with a reward stimulus.

Partisan gunslingers may feel an unfamiliar sensation, namely guilt, while reading this thread (or, given the claims of the sources, perhaps they won't), but those who consider themselves above the politics of division and take a sincere interest in the means and ends of politics (in this case psychologically/sociologically speaking) may find it quite stimulating.

Commendation:
Sp00n1's thread on the brain-activity patterns and thought processes suggested thereby which are associated with political bias is one of the most original and interesting things I've ever seen in this forum. This thread's relevance, neutrality, and copious consultation of sources is exemplary.

A Note:
About thirty minutes ago, I began to chastise myself for ever having started a hall of fame thread. I probably should have taken into account at the beginning that I'm so exceptionally critical of everything around me that there'd never be a post good enough for me to put in here. But, as I do from time to time, I dutifully made the rounds in hope. I'm glad I did.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Is Illegal Immigrant Crime Destroying America?

Description
Several members contend that illegal immigrants constitute a threat to the United States in that they are disproportionately participating in crime and other social problems. Several others oppose this viewpoint.

Commendation
This is one of the most active threads we've had in recent memory, and drew a great deal of informed posting from many members. Statistics, history, and interpretation thereof played a heavy role in the discussion. I wouldn't call it the definitive thread on immigration, but there is quite a bit there. Personally I feel that the broad and well-informed response from members as well as the moderator staff which kept the thread open and mostly civil despite dealing with extremely sensitive issues is a credit to PTS.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
People,whether entering the country lawfully or otherwise,would not without expecting to be compensated.

One must focus upon the "Compensators".

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
makes no sense!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

join