It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who's naïve enough to believe any of the myriad lies from the White House —

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   

After years of Bush manure, who's naïve enough to believe any of the myriad lies from the White House —
• that the Bush-Cheney administration had no advance warning of a terrorist plot against America in the summer of 2001
• that nobody anticipated the breech of the levees in New Orleans
• that Saddam Hussein was connected to 9/11 (alternating with lies that nobody ever said that)
• that Congressmen and Senators have access to the same
It's time to speak truth, not in a whisper but as loud as it can be shouted:

The truth is the opposite of whatever the Bush-Cheney administration says.

Their facts are dead wrong, always, week after month after year.

While lying that they're "protecting" America, Bush and Cheney have willfully made America far less safe, and made themselves enemies of everything that ever made this nation great.

The sum total of Bush-Cheney policies — on economics, foreign policy, the environment, privacy, civil rights, health, education, you name the topic — is the end of America as we know it.

intelligence the White House sees
• that "the smoking gun could come in the form of a mushroom cloud"
• that Social Security is nearing a meltdown
• that anyone who leaks a CIA agent's identity would be fired from this administration
• that "We do not engage in torture"
• that "Leave No Child Behind" has accomplished anything worthwhile
• that Bush-Cheney tax cuts helped anyone but the fabulously wealthy
• that the new prescription drug program helps seniors a fraction as much as it helps the pharmaceutical companies
• that Don Rumsfeld is doing a fine job
• that the prisoners on Guantanamo aren't prisoners, or that they were captured on the battlefield
• that the US has disrupted "at least ten" terrorist plots against America
• that seemingly every Muslim captured or killed is the number three man in al Qaeda
• that warrantless monitoring of your every phone call, email, and bank transaction has something to do with an alleged war on terror
• that reporting on Bush-Cheney lawbreaking imperils national security
• that the Clean Air Act cleans the air
• on and on and on
• lies and lies and more lies
• and then, more lies.

From his first Presidential lie, when he swore to uphold and defend the Constitution, who's stupid enough to believe Bush has told the truth about anything?

Source

Who is naive and still believes all this?

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
• that the Bush-Cheney administration had no advance warning of a terrorist plot against America in the summer of 2001
They did but they were threatened with impeachment if it were true, unfortunately the CIA and FBI were unable to disrupt alqueada efforts since they did not have the ability to INVADE AFGAN at the time.

• that nobody anticipated the breech of the levees in New Orleans
Bush said nobody anticipated, would you rather him have admit there was a 50/50 chance they would hold or fall.

• that Saddam Hussein was connected to 9/11 (alternating with lies that nobody ever said that)
I will sum up why invaded Saddam for you. We needed a stronghold in the ME against a much larger threat, Iran. Overall it was for the security of the world and the middle east although it is supported by oil industry since it gives us a link closer to the worlds oil.

• that Congressmen and Senators have access to the same
No they don't and they havn't for many years now.. before Bush.

*Ill add one*
That 911 was done by alquaeda?
Yes it was, why don't you tell me otherwise and while your at it, tell me where that plane went that didn't crash into the pentagon.

This was mentioned as stating are we supposed to wait or wait for the smoking gun.. a mushroom cloud to find out if there are nuclear weapons.

No but the economy is so somthing has to give.

• that anyone who leaks a CIA agent's identity would be fired from this administration
Tell me why they shouldn't be fired.

We don't but we do use intimidation practicies to get information... were not yanking their teath out though.

At least its an effort to improove schools.

And was he supposed to say no tax cut for the rich and anger the wealthy or was it a better idea to give an even tax cut all around?

• that the new prescription drug program helps seniors a fraction as much as it helps the pharmaceutical companies
Helps the pharmaceutical compaines.. Saying it helped seniors was a politcal ploy.

He is, just because there were 10 EX generals that oppose the Iraq war doesn't mean Rummy isn't doing his job.

• that the prisoners on Guantanamo aren't prisoners, or that they were captured on the battlefield
Who knows, I immagine most of them were with terrorist orgs though.

Very possible.

• that seemingly every Muslim captured or killed is the number three man in al Qaeda
WHAT?!

• that warrantless monitoring of your every phone call, email, and bank transaction has something to do with an alleged war on terror
Yes it does. Now we can track the communication of terrorist groups in the U.S.

Since when, arn't you reporting on it right now?

Yes... it does, well it tires but nothings perfect.

• on and on and on
AND?!

To sum it up Bush and Co. are doing a good job of handling the nation and while at the same time the middle east. I approve of the job.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by Techsnow]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow

To sum it up Bush and Co. are doing a good job of handling the nation and while at the same time the middle east. I approve of the job.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by Techsnow]
Says YOU, but that's ok, i can respect your undying love for this administration.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I, for one, Do not believe the lies

1. - • that the Bush-Cheney administration had no advance warning of a terrorist plot against America in the summer of 2001

Not only do I believe that they had advance warning; I believe that certain elements within the govt. helped 911 come to fruition.

2. - • that nobody anticipated the breech of the levees in New Orleans

I am positive that there was fore-knowledge that the Levees could indeed fail
the Washington Post did a story and claim at the end that:

But how could the government have been so unready for a crisis that was so widely predicted? It is simply not true, as Mr. Bush said yesterday, that nobody "anticipated the breach of the levees." In fact, experts inside and outside of government have issued repeated warnings for years about the city's unique topography and vulnerability, and those warnings were loudly and prominently echoed by the media both nationally and in Louisiana. How is it possible that city, state and federal authorities lacked an emergency plan that could be quickly activated?
full story here

So Techsnow, I dont understand this statement:

original quote by: Techsnow
Bush said nobody anticipated, would you rather him have admit there was a 50/50 chance they would hold or fall.

You are admitting Bush lied with this statement.... you know that; dont you?
Also, I would rather have him tell the truth, instead of lying to the nation, AGAIN.

3. - • that Saddam Hussein was connected to 9/11 (alternating with lies that nobody ever said that)

Of course this attempt to connect the two have been Debunked since they first appeared on our airwaves.

4. • that Congressmen and Senators have access to the same

Either way this point, to me, is moot; since I feel that most in Congress and the Senate are just as complicit in all of this.

5.intelligence the White House sees

I am currently doing some personal research on the 750 Presidential signing statements that Bush has written since his inauguration in 2001. I will be starting a thread on this in a couple months when I am finished preparing it. Suffice it to say, most on the list here from Number five above are already proven lies.
The problem is that there is no accountability for these lies and illegalities.

I would elablorate on this last list but, alas, I am out of time for now.

It would seem to me that Justice is not only blind; but now, she is deaf,dumb,crippled.

thanks for your time

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Another Bush basher thread with the title (cleverly?) worded in such a way that forces anyone disagreeing with the thread's author to try and prove the negative - which (almost) everyone knows is difficult to the point of being impossible.

Still don't understand? Imagine a thread titled "Who believes that a president used drugs and sexually abused his staff?". There might be real (not hearsay) evidence that he did, but where could you find real (not hearsay) evidence that he didn't in order to counter what the poster says? You can't because such "negative evidence" does not exist.

In the case of this thread, we are really being asked to prove that the White House is not lying if we disagree with the author. Although I must admit that, so far, it is equally as difficult for people such as the author to offer anything but hearsay and 'gut feelings' to "prove" that the White House is lying.

Who believes? Obviously, the Bush bashers of the world.
Who doesn't? The rest of us.

[edit on 7/15/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Well Dg after all the nice summary you have given occurs you will have opposition to any facts in regard of the present administration by the followers.

I agree with all of that and more.

BTW Where is the Iraqi oil??????

We know is been pumped out by private corporations but we don't get any news as for what is been use for or who is benefiting from it.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Marg,

Take Centurium for one. He's around telling us that none of these were lies by our government. He's talking in circles, and it makes him feel good. How can this government lie? Even if you see it posted, even if you heard it from them, even if you are living it? How can I have the nerve to post something like this?

Its easy. Its easy because its the truth. You see it, smell it, touch it, read it, listen every day..... You feel it and you witness it. But that is not good enough for some.
Too bad. Centurium is not the only one- there are a few others. Even other Republicans can see that there have been lies, but not some.

Again, they claim this is just another Bush bashing thread. Its not a thread pointing out the truth. JUST A BUSHBASHING thread. Awwww, i give up.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Dg don't let the Another bush bashing thread get to you this the political forum and while you bring some very real facts and issue all you get is Just another Bush bashing thread for response.

Now can the very nice pro Mr. Bush followers can bring the nice list of good things that Mr. Bush has done?

So we can have a good nice comparative discussion.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
DGTEMPE
Don't give up.
Lawsuits are happening.
Eyes are opening.
The worst thing a patriot could do right now is to give up.
I've read this board...I know people give you grief...
keep fighting the good fight.Text

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Raises hand.
MY name is Space, and I am a naiveaholic.

About the list..the comparative list..

Do I have to make up the list myself?
Or and I just go find one that I agree with, and post it here as an external source?

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

Raises hand.
MY name is Space, and I am a naiveaholic.

About the list..the comparative list..

Do I have to make up the list myself?
Or and I just go find one that I agree with, and post it here as an external source?
Space, you're intelligent and you have my respect. Why dont you put together a list either debating this, point by point, or totally give us a new list of all the wonderful things this administration stands for. Really- equal time.
I want to see your list.
It could be that some of us are so narrowminded (meaning me and others) that we just dont get it. Is it us who dont get it?
Please set us straight.
Your friend, DG

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
ok,

I'd like to start with one that really "bugs" me.

It's the whole wiretapping thing.

I often work with some environmental groups.
Not to stereotype, but E-groups tend to attract the more liberal of our population.
Recently, one said to the other..."give me a call on Monday, It'll just be between you me and George Bush"

But it's not wiretapping, it's call logging, or call tracking..Which is different, but not as fun to say.

Right after the 9/11 incident, people were asking how this could be stopped..And reamed the President for not knowing. Something needs to be done. right?
Now that something IS being done, the tone changes to "our freedoms are disappearing, Our calls are being wiretapped."

MY question to you is this:
What would you do to remedy the lack of intelligence from inside our own country, post 9/11, that might allow us to squash a potential attack, before it happened.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I only have one question.....how do we know what to believe?

We can deny everything we hear from the administration but is the opposite necessarily the truth?

Can we believe everything or, for that matter, anything that the opposition party has to say about issues? After all, they have their own agenda and that is to be in power and, therefore, in control of the truth.

Can we believe the alternative news sites? After all, they also have an agenda -- mostly anti Bush. Conversely, can we believe anything from the traditional news sites? Don't they have an agenda?

Is there really any truth to be had? For that matter, what is TRUTH? I think that many of us have actually forgotten what truth might even sound like when we hear it. After all, it's been so long since we were able to believe anything -- to blindly accept.

new topics

top topics

join