It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RFIDs in education and toys

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Source:

www.primidi.com...

I debated with myself whether I should put this post in this forum or in the sci-tech forum, but I think it belongs here.

The article discusses RFIDs that have been used in various pilot projects, involving toys, computer games, and educational programs, and it is fairly straightforward, so I refer you to it above.

What I want to discuss is whether people think this is a means of getting people used to the idea of RFIDs in everyday life. A lot of people believe that RFID will eventually become the 'mark of the beast', or help lead to NWO government or a 1984-like society.

Think about it for a minute. If children use RFIDs in their toys and with their computers in school, they will see these devices as 'normal', much as children now see computers as 'normal', while many of their grandparents still view computers with suspicion. Do you think this is part of a planned effort to desensitize the next generation to RFIDs? Do you think, if not a planned effort, that it might inadvertently lead to the same result? Do you think the people behind this technology have any ulterior motives? (Do you think I'm full of crap just for thinking about this
)

Yeah, well, enough of me. What have you all got to say on the matter?

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
What I want to discuss is whether people think this is a means of getting people used to the idea of RFIDs in everyday life.

I absolutely think it is. I lean more toward the 1984-like attempt than the mark of the beast, but yes, I think it's an attempt to get the next generation to think of it as normal. And I'm positive it will work. Think of the stuff that you grew up with that the previous generations thought of as strange and rare.

Cell Phones. Every teenager I know has at least one cell phone. They couldn't function without it. I STILL don't have one.

We RFID our pets now, it's available to our children (for their own good, don't you know!) Pretty soon every child will be RFIDed and people won't think a thing of it.

“How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think” -Adolf Hitler

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent HereticCell Phones. Every teenager I know has at least one cell phone. They couldn't function without it. I STILL don't have one.

I have two nieces(16) & (8) and my nephew is 10 and they all have cellphones.

It's scary to observe their dependence on these devices...they text each other if they are not in the same room. Whatever happened to walking?

And like you BH, i refuse to own one.

[rant/off]

sanc

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
To answer your question. Heck yes it is being slowly introduced to desensitize people to the whole concept.
Of course very few people would go along with it if they came right out and said..All chips are mandatory NOW!!!... But you work it in here and there over lets say.... about 10- 20 years and people will much more readily accept it... hell people are PAYING for it now.
I Am trying to stay free of this trap but I fear that it is futile. More and more products and services will be chipped and/or tracked.

just my $.02

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
RFID is a technology, plain and simple. Any technology can be used for the good of the people, such as the case in Perdue University. But, by the same token any technology can be exploited. RFID will no doubt fall into the latter category.

I don't think that RFID is being introduced to children in an effort to desensitize them to future, unspeakable evils. I think RFID is making a natural progression through the market place. I'm old enough to remember when people did not walk around with a cell phone stuck to their ear 24/7. If you were out on the town and you wanted - no, needed - to talk to someone you used a payphone.

As far as the mark of the beast goes, unless the government starts slapping this things to our foreheads, or implanting them behind our ears, I just don't see how this scenario is possible with this technology.

So, will RFID be used for nerfarious purposes? I'm sure someone will figure out a way to exploit it.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
RFID tags are in almost everything now. Here's a list.

Cell Phone's
Blackberry's
PDA's
Laptop's
Sirius Radio
XM Radio
OnStar

They're working on putting RFID Tags in your car tires too.

You saw the movie Enemy of the State and Minority Report, right?

Let's also not forget all the other things that have tracking devices. We've got the computer you're sitting at now reading this, the X-Box, Playstation1,2, & 3 (using X-Box Live and Playstation online gaming...you get tracked with what you play...and say). Every website you go onto, into, or get involved with...your purchases, your blog entries, your homemade websites.

Let Me say this, none of us have things to hide...but why do we need to be tracked everywhere we go? RFID Tags don't just let them track you...they tell anyone who wants to know who you are and where you are...at all times.

[edit on 16-7-2006 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

top topics

join