It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pet Marriage in the US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   
This might be an odd subject, but I don't care.
First of all I don't see what's so wrong with marrying your pets esp if you have no desire of having children. I don't support intimate relationships with pets because I consider that abuse, however what's wrong about sharing all the benefits of marriage with your pet(s)? I know if I died I would want my animals to inherit everything I have. I have invested a lot of time and money on my pets and they are a part of my family. I don't see how pet marriage would be a problem under certain conditions. I believe some people would simply be happier spending their life with their pet than another human.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I do not mean to sound rude but I just had the mental image of lifting a guinea pig/pot-bellied pig over the threshold.

Seriously, why wouldyou need a marriage? I'm more than certain this has been done before without the marriage part. A wealthy woman died and used all her savings to ensure her animal was looked after to it's highest standards. She just left everything to the cat so it would be pampered after she had gone.

I think leaving things in your will is alot less taboo than an actual marriage!

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knights
I think leaving things in your will is alot less taboo than an actual marriage!

Ahh, but you are forgetting all the benefits appertaining to marriage, like medical insurance benefits. You wouldn't want your four-legged or finned spouse to pay full fare for medical treatment, would you?

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
My iguana isn't four-legged! She's got arms, legs, hands and feet and she just happens to use all in order to move. But she's got five digits just like people. I intend on marrying her whenever the chance becomes available.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Well, at least there is a precedent of sorts.

www.ynetnews.com...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

top topics

join