It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Edit Button" not working in Member Settings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

I have tried to paste the html address of my new avatar in the "avatar" box of the member settings page three times. Each time, I clicked on "edit profile." But, the html address keeps on disappearing. The "edit profile" button is not working in the member settings.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is it a bug?

Thanks for your time.

Take care,

Ceci

[edit on 15-7-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Nope, it appears to be working for me, and one other thing . . .

OMG the time zone stays set!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Is the problem:

1) You can paste the URL into the box and click Edit Profile, but the change is not saved.

or

2) You are unable to paste the URL into the box?

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
hmm Ime having the same problem. I try to write something in for a mood and change a signiture and when I push edit profile nothing is saved. Is this because ime new, or is it a bug? PLEASE HELP!

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Thanks for all your responses. I really appreciate the effort that has been made to solve this problem.

1) You can paste the URL into the box and click Edit Profile, but the change is not saved.

Hi Simon,

Yes, it is the fact that I can paste the URL in the box. But when I click "edit profile", the change is not saved. When the screen comes back again, it has disappeared.

That is the problem I am having.

Take care,

Ceci

Update: I just tried it again, and still it doesn't work.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by angryamerican

when I push edit profile nothing is saved.

Maybe it actually gets saved. But you think it doesn't get saved. What you see after hitting the Edit button doesn't get set until you hit the Edit button again. Edit button meaning "save changes".

edit to clarify: just because the form resets the values doesn't mean your settings changes back

[edit on 2006/7/15 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Wish it was that simple. It really isnt saving the changes. I talked to my friend who has been a long time member and he said his changes save just fine and its probly because ime new and havent posted enough. If thats all it is I can fix that but I dont think from what ive read here that the answer is that simple.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by angryamerican
Wish it was that simple. It really isnt saving the changes.

Several members have also stated the same.

Something like that, where it only affects part of the membership is likely going to be hard to track down.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Is this effecting every attribute you attempt to change, or just one?

What browser and version are you using?

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Not me. angryamerican and ceci above my prevous post.

All is good for me.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
SkepticOverlord I am using firefox and IE and Avant browser.
firefox is the latest version and IE is second to latest version. Avant is also the latest version. ive tried logging in with all of them to no avail. And yes it is every thing ive tried to change.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by angryamerican]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Skeptic Overlord,

I am using Netscape 7.2 most of the time, but I also use I.E. 5.0 and Safari. As far as I know, it has only affected the "avatar" part of my member settings.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ceci2006
As far as I know, it has only affect the "avatar" part of my member settings.

Then there is likely something wrong with the image you're trying to use. Either the dimentions are too large, or the file format isn't accepted.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Skeptic Overlord,

Thank you very much for your advice. That is what it was. I re-sized my avatar and uploaded it. Now, it is being accepted in the avatar box. It works now!

Again, I appreciate your help.

Please have a good night.

--Take care,

Ceci

P.S. To everyone else who pitched in to help with this problem, you have my thanks and gratitude as well.

[edit on 16-7-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Nice avvy, ceci!
Glad to at least have tried to help.

btw, since you are using an image, plus text in your signature, you might want to change the font size there. There is a link, with tips on doing this, in my signature.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally quoted by Mechanic32
Nice avvy, ceci!
Glad to at least have tried to help.

btw, since you are using an image, plus text in your signature, you might want to change the font size there. There is a link, with tips on doing this, in my signature.

Thanks for your kind words, Mechanic32. As you can tell, I'm a minimalist in my design!

This avvy was done in conjunction with my blog, so the words in its original size appear on the main page.

However, for the avvy, the words stuck, even though I was thinking about changing it to only not include the passage at the bottom. I will be sure to look at your link and work on making the redesign of the avvy because there are a few things that I would like to do better on it.

Again, I appreciate your advice. Because of you, you know, I have learned to match the background to the color of the avvy!

Take care,

Ceci

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
No advertising of your personal or other websites until you have been a contributing member for at least 60 days.

Is that maybe why I cant change anything? Have I not been a contributing member long enough?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
ceci, I think your avatar looks fine the way it is! Nice color.

I was only giving a tip on the font size, since I see that it is cut off. But otherwise, I think you have things set up very nicely.
good job!

-------------------------------

angryamerican, what do you need help with?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally quoted by Mechanic32
ceci, I think your avatar looks fine the way it is! Nice color.

I was only giving a tip on the font size, since I see that it is cut off. But otherwise, I think you have things set up very nicely. good job!

Again, I give you my thanks for your encouragement and advice. And it takes a good eye to see things that others do not!

I need all the help I can get. That means, I am going to read your links closely when I have a moment and learn how it is properly done.

I am new at making avvy's, so it's kind of a challenge to get it the way I want it to look.

But, yes, this is only a temporary avvy because I really do want to redesign it when I have a little more time to do so. This one will probably be up for a little while, and then the new one will take its place.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Ummm.. I don't want to have a stupid avatar, but I accidently typed something in the bit where it says avatar URL. Now I just have a dot in that space and I cant get rid of it.
It's really annoying as now I have a dirty red cross which screams ERROR whenever I post something.

Please help me....

[edit on 17-7-2006 by surrender_dorothy]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join