It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Million Dollar Question!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   
What do you believe to be true but cannot prove?

This was the question posed to scientists, futurists and other creative thinkers by John Brockman, a literary agent and publisher of Edge.

There were hundreds of responses to this question.
Now what would be interesting is the kind of responses from ATSers. I'm sure it would pretty interesting!

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I believe in so many things that I cannot prove. I believe that:

aliens exist,
there are more dimensions than the ones of which we are aware,
there is some good in everyone,
and in order to really understand the universe we need to blend spirituality with science.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I believe…
that there are many civilizations in the universe that are technologically millions of years ahead of us. We talk of moving mountains. But ‘they’ could be moving moons or even planets - Space engineering or cosmic engineering perhaps? Quasars and pulsars are probably the creation of these super advanced cultures?
But, I can’t prove it.
I also believe in reincarnation…but can’t prove it.

CX

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Alien life.
Ghosts
Re-incarnation.

CX.

[edit on 20/7/06 by CX]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I believe that you, me, Hezbollah, Al Qaeda, Hamas, Ehud Olmert, Ytzak Rabin, the Rothschilds, Bush, Arafat and everyone else in this Universe are part of the same Being, which we cannot exist without. The Being is within all of us, and is us as well.

Everything you've seen or touched in your life. No matter how good or evil it was, is part of the Being. Some people call this Being God, others call it The Source (which is actually a more fitting name than God).

So when you are hurting others, you are in fact hurting yourself.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I believe that earth is a classroom, and that we are here to learn and grow through several lifetimes. I believe that we are energy beings and that we are all part of each other, which is in turn, part of a much bigger being learning about itself. I believe that we come to this planet with a circle of "friends" that some people call soul groups, and we play out several roles through several lifetimes in ever widening circles of other soul groups. We are interdimensional beings, and there are several layers of existance with so much to experience on so many levels that once we learn what we can here, we travel on to other places to do the same thing in a never ending cycle of learing and self exploration.

Just my thoughts on something no one can ever prove, except to themselves through self exploration.

[edit on 20-7-2006 by Darkblade71]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The Lord God is right, 100% of the time!

top topics

join