It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest G8 summit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   
G8

I am listening to the News conference by President of Russia Vladimir Putin and President of the U.S. George W. Bush mp3 on link.

I believe Putin was hinting at the fact that the U.S. was worried there was an alliance between Russia and China (as well as NK and Iran) and the U.S. made Russia confirm there wasn't when talking alone. There were other subtle hints made by both of them about a possible new alliance.

Bush "We had a good discussion this morning. One thing is clear is that the relationship between the U.S. and Russia is good and it must be good."

20:30 Putin on Iran nuclear proliferation "I have already mentioned that we will not participate in any crusades or any holy alliances... this is not a plot against a certain country...
Now we all know Russia has had a hard time wanting to deal with Iran. What he said above is my blelief him reasuring Iran since it has been suggested that China, Russia, and Iran have an alliance.

24:35 Putin- "This is somthing we tell our Iranian partners directly..."
Putin- "We are satisfied with the U.S., Russia relationship on this issue."

26:20 Bush on Iran "Theyre testing the resolve of the parties to decide whether or not we are resolved to decide if they should have a weapon.

28:20 Putin - "We can see that on this issue the oppinion of Russia will be taken into account and our partners are acting on these lines precisely.
This imples that if we bring common approaches to this difficult problem we will see that our joint decissions are fullfilled.
This is what we have said directly to our Iranian partners. I've said it at the meeting of the president of the Islamic Republic of Iran and in China quite recently."

32:30 Putin on Bush remarks about Russia nation (Demoocracy)
"We certainly don't want a democracy like Iraq" Laughs Bush "Just wait."
"It is true that Russia assumes that no one knows better than us on how we can strengthen our own nation."

Overall there wernt many hints and it was a neutral meeting (although the mention of Iraq by Putin was a hit) but I posted anything a little unusual mentioned. Maybe I am looking to much into it but I am looking forward to hearing the rest of the summit.

Also, there was no deal struck for Russia to join the WTO.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by Techsnow]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I am listening to the whole address right now. It is like 35 minutes long. It seems to be very very good. And it does seem like Putin and Bush truly do like each other, why I have no idea. And it really seems like they can bring the nations together. Before this I was unsure, but Russia seems to be cooperating, and the US does as well. So this seems very good.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Based on Russian sources the relationship between US and Russia is not that good IMO. Bush and Putin do have mutual respect for each other as leaders (unlike that drunken idiot Yeltsin), and that is why it seems better than it actually is.

Really this is a new Cold War forming. Russia on many occasions expressed its views against the War On Terror, and rising American influence around the world.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
To me that sounds like Putin is schooling Bush on diplomacy.

Bush is trying to come off like he knows best when it comes to freedom and democracy and that classic jibe from Putin regarding Iraqi democracy was the most telling of all. Putin may like Bush as a person but he most certainly does not respect his intelligence.

Perhaps thats why President Putin is so fond of President Bush? Putin is highly intelligent and sharp whereas his counterpart is a complete bufoon. I know I would like it if my opponent in anything was a complete moron. If I was Russian President with such an incompetent dolt across from me as US President I would be happy too.

[edit on 16/7/06 by subz]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
What Putin is trying to get across to Bush, is that US should not lecture Russia on democracy, if its own progress with democracy has been reversed by Bush, and is likewise impeded in Iraq.

new topics

top topics

join