It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCAM OR NOT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
i recently recieved this "DASH FOR THE CASH" scratch ticket together with some car advertisements from Popular Kia in Brooklyn. i have 3 of the same symbols in a row which means i won, however i have a STRONG feeling that this thing is a scam because they also gave me this site : redeemonline.net. i looked it up and read the testimonials. they sounded EXTREMELY fake just like all the other scam sites. the deadline for this "prize ticket" is in 2 days, i need replies as soon as possible THANKS!!

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
What is the prize?

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Nevermind I visited the site and it is asking for a cc or online check.
If you have to pay for a prize it isn;t a prize. Just toss the thing the trash.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
its either 20k IN CASH, a car, a vacation (3 day 2 night), or 40 dollar gas rebate

i called them up and they said they have to check the serial number on the ticket to see which one i got. it saids the Odds of winning the vacation is 349, 979 : 350, 000 which means only 21 person DOESNT win... it sounds ridiculous

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Heh. I remember receiving something like that too, and winning. I forget which ... but it was from a Brooklyn dealership as well..& I just happen to live there.
Never went through with it because I heard it was some kind of gimmick. Iunno what to tell you.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by TribeCalledQuest]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   
The fact that you won without participating qualify this as a scam to me. It's like the spam emails I receive often to let me know I won some contests that I never heard of before.

Real lottery are selling a dream, the hope that we could win, they would not mail us the winning ticket for free just for the heck of it.

And having to pay to claim a prize is not only a scam, I think it's literraly fraud punishable by law in some areas.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufia
The fact that you won without participating qualify this as a scam to me.

And having to pay to claim a prize is not only a scam, I think it's literraly fraud punishable by law in some areas.

Originally posted by Umbrax
Nevermind I visited the site and it is asking for a cc or online check.

These two are good enough for me. SCAM

Actually your own instincts were telling you that.

Originally posted by l3astardd
however i have a STRONG feeling that this thing is a scam because they also gave me this site .....read the testimonials. they sounded EXTREMELY fake ...

You just have to listen to it.

Remember, if something seems to good to be true, it probably is. Especially if you did not knowingly enter in the 'contest'.

[edit on 7/15/2006 by Mechanic 32]

new topics

top topics

join