It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Mythology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
20 + years ago my mother was told a story by a once citizen of china that invovled a comepletly differnt creationist myth. This woman stated that this story was told to her by her great grandparents.

This version of the chinese creationist myth invovled a ship which landed in china in a state of distress. Only a small number of those that landed could go to retrieve help for the others. Since they came from a pre-exsisting civilization they felt they had no need to write any of their history down, by the time the 'rescuers' made it to their stranded citizens they had died, leaving decendants who were far removed from the originating civilzation that landed. So they left, leaving the new culture behind.

Since i heard this story I've been trying to find out some of the other details that my mother forgot for her - and have come up empty handed. This bares no resembelance to the The Three Auguest Ones, and/or the Five Emporers legends seeing as this rather invovles a group of people or beings. It does however sound close to the Summerian Annunaki.

SO. I was wondering if anyone had any information, apart from the Sumerian Creation myth Anunnaki simularity, that is spacific to China. I place this here because of the 'lost civilization' aspect. The desendances had no written or oral history of the originating culture, so a new one evovled which now i can't find anything out about it. She also mentioned a spoken language which she can't remember what it was called. It wasn't mandarian.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Do a search for Dropa Discs, or Stones.

Lex

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Sounds like the Dropa Stones story.

The Dropa Stones are a well-known hoax perpetrated by Von Danniken.
messageboard.cinescape.com...

Even dedicated UFO researchers say it's a hoax:
www.theastralworld.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Try looking up G. Hancock. He is a historian trying to prove the existence of a world-wide civilization that existed over 10.000 years ago. Generally these ideas refer to 'antedeluvian' myths meaning from before the 'flood'.

Its the same for the feathered snake myth in south america, The thing in question is described as a bearded group of men arriving on the shore in a magical boat (read no oars) to bring them civilisation. All this and LOADS more is to be found in Hancock's stuff. Look at his book Fingerprints of the Gods.

The Dropa Stones/discs is also an interesting parallel as said in a post before.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Hi there, snakemuse.

Your story has many problems. China itself, is a Nation of over 1 Billion people. It is a Nation which has a massive difference in myths dependent on region. Did your mother know where this person was from? Did she tell you anythign other than the myth itself because you give very little to go on.

As for the book and G. Hancock, do not waste the bandwidth let alone pay for it. He does not bother to do his research and his theories are a waste of time.

If you can give us some more information, maybe then we can try and help you. But without knowing which area, culture, it would be near impossible to help you.

new topics

top topics

join