It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(DOC) Why doesn't it Hurt?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
“We can go ahead and leave now if you want.”

“I’m afraid were going to have to wait till your dead.”

“Ok look, my body is laying there and I’m no longer in it. How much more dead can a guy get?”

“Your heart is still beating. It won’t last much longer but until it stops we’re going to wait here and see your life thru till the very end.”

“That’s not how I am. I get things done and move on with it. Hanging around and procrastinating is not the type of person I am.”

“Trust me, I know that for a fact. I’ve been watching over you for 49 years now. Busy, busy, busy you were. Always off to the next big dream, I always wonder if someone such as yourself would have slowed down if you’d known you were killing yourself.”

“You’ve been watching over me? Wow, I guess that means you’re my guardian angel.”

“No, actually I’ve been keeping a running tab on all the crap you pulled on people and the sins you’ve committed.”

"WHAT?"

“I’m just kidding. Lighten up, your life really wasn’t that bad.”

“Oh great. I’m still on my death bed and find out my guardian angel has a sick sense of #ing humor.”

“Your fate could have been worse. You lived a good life so I really wouldn’t worry too much about your death.”

“As long as were waiting, I have some questions.”

“Your daughter has arrived.”

“She’s crying. I can’t leave her like this. Let me go comfort her. Just let me open my eyes long enough to tell her I’m ok.”

“The eyes on that body you used to call your own will never open again. There is no strength left in it. The heart attack is slowly bringing its purpose to the end.”

“THAT’S MY CHILD! I don’t want her to remember our last moments together with pain. Please, there must be something you can do.”

“I can do many things but returning life to a spent body is not one of them.”

“Well can I float over to her and reach out, comfort her somehow?”

“Your son and eldest daughter are here. Your ex-wife is with them. They’ll be coming in the room in a moment. Other friends and family are arriving as well. They’re waiting in the hallway for the latest news. The doctor is having serious trouble relaying to them that you’re brain dead.”

“Do I look brain dead to you?”

“Ok, your body is brain dead. Your just a pain in death as you were in life.”

“You’re trying to be #ing funny again, aren’t you?”

“The rest of your family is coming in. You can say goodbye to them but they won’t be able to hear you. I’m afraid that will have to do for now.”

“I’m leaving the only people I care about. I can’t even give them a decent goodbye. Why doesn’t it hurt?”

“Because you now know that you will see them again. A lifespan goes by in the flick of an instant and soon you will be waiting to greet them, just as others are now waiting to greet you.”

“Damn, the heart monitor just flat-lined. Does that mean what I think it means?”

“Yes, We can go ahead and leave now if you want.”

“No, just let me hang here for a while longer. Let me whisper goodbyes to them as best I can.”

“Well, Mr. Busy, busy, busy has finally taken a few moments for those he loves.”

“I’ve had about all your humor I want for one day.”

“I wasn’t being funny.”

[edit on 14-7-2006 by mrwupy]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Well written mrwupy!
It's a fascinating look from the other side.
You did a great job of balancing the somber theme with a bit of light heartedness and I enjoyed it.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Very good Wupy!
I expect this contest will have interesting results. I'm thinking you'll either get 3rd, 2nd or 1st.
Good luck my friend!

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Thank you my friends for the kind words. I do appreciate them.

I'm just glad i'm not a judge in this contest. The entries are bouncing all over the place and all of them are excellant. This is going to be a judging nightmare

Just one more reason I love this site.

wupy

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
what can I say mrwupy... touching, humorous, captivating, inspiring...
well written or should I say spoken as always

new topics

top topics

join